A CLINICAL EVALUATION OF MADHUKADI AND JATYADI TAILA ALONG WITH STANDARD KSHARA-SUTRA THERAPY W.S.R. TO UNIT CUTTING TIME IN THE MANAGEMENT OF BHAGANDARA (FISTULA-IN-ANO)
In kshara-sutra therapy the cutting and healing of fistulous track takes simultaneously. In some cases it has been observed that the healing status of track was not satisfactory. In that situations the cutting of track further delayed and it takes more time to completetion the treatment of Fistula-in-ano with standard Kshara-sutra. An oil with wound healing property may useful in reducing the overall treatment in Fistula-in-ano. Keeping this view and to avoid complication and promote the better healing, Madhukadi taila and Jatyadi Taila had been used along with Ksharasutra.Â It was found that Madhukadi Taila is more competent and effective than Jatyadi taila in the management of Bhagandara (Fistula-in-ano). Â
Fistula, madhukadi, jatyadi, unit cutting time
2) sarangdhar samhita madhyam khanda -9
3) Astanga hridaya uttar tantra 28/35-36
4) Goligher John; Surgery of the anus rectum and colon, 5th edition , pg, 178- 220, bailliere tindall, London, 1984.
5) Grace R H, Harper I A Thompson R G, Anorectal sepsis: microbiology in relation to fistula in ano, Br. J Surg, 69: 401.403, 1982.
6) Milligan E T C Morgan C N: Surgical anatomy of the anal canal, with special reference to anorectal fistulae, Lancet, 2,1150,1213,1934.