Conceptual Overview Of Shadow Economy: Socioeconomic Impact And Ramification On The Sustenance Of A Nation
Shadow economy or informal economy is a crucial issue faced by the country in the present economic scenario. A prospering parallel economy makes the official statistics regarding unemployment,income, consumption etc inappropriate. Even a casual worker driving an unlicensed taxi at night as a second job, comes under parallel economy.
1. Ahuja, R. (2007), Social Problems in India (2nd Ed), Jaipur: Rawat Publications.
2. Bernfeld G(2010), Bearer Bonds: From Popular to Prohibited, Retrieved from http://www. investopedia.com/articles/bonds/08/bearerâ€bond.asp#12913328237032&close
3. Black Economic Empowerment (2010 November 12), Retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
4. Black Economic Empowerment Blackmoney is a curse of our nation (2010), Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/sridharababu/ blackâ€moneyâ€isâ€aâ€curseâ€toâ€ourâ€nation
5. Charlie S. (2010), Tax Evasions Penalties, Retrieved from http://www.buzzle.com/articles/taxâ€ evasionâ€penalties.html
6. Chopra, A. (2010), India targets black money, Retrieved from http://www.thenational.ae/business/ economy/indiaâ€targetsâ€blackâ€money
7. Datta R. & Sundharam K.. (2004), Indian Economy (49th Ed), New Delhi: S. Chand & Company Ltd., 376 & 378â€379.
8. Dhar, P. K. (2003), Indian Economy: Its Growing Dimensions (11th Ed), Ludhiana, Kalyani Publishers.
9. R. Lekhi (2003), The Economics of Development and Planning, Ludhina, Kalyani Publications.