ARAB COUNTRES DEVELOPMENT TRENDS BASED ON GLOBAL INNOVATION INDEX (GII) AS AN INDICATOR
Objective: Development and wide use of technology by all groups of society is the global trend of world development and can be measured by Global Innovation IndexÂ (GII). TheÂ GII is "an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in,Â innovation. This study contains estimation results of current development trends in the world, some of Arab countries based on Global Innovation Index as an Indicator.
Methods: The study relied on descriptive analytical method, TheÂ GII is computed by taking a simple average of the scores in two sub-indices,the Innovation Input Index and Innovation Output Index, which are composed of five and two pillars respectively. Each of these pillars describes an attribute of innovation, and comprises up to five indicators, and their score is calculated by the weighted average method.
Results: The GII was increased from 0.5 in 2008 up to 36.3 in 2016. The GII of Arabic countries is lower than that of worldwideÂ GII. The wordwide GII was increased during the years 2013-2016 while decreased for Arabic Countries for the same perioed of time.
Conclusion: Innovation is a major pillar of the country's economic development and at the heart of good government policies. The global innovation index was decreased in some Arab countries that suffer from war in the last years that affect the economic and industry.Â Â
2. BogachovY.P.Mechatronics Achievements and Problems. Drive Technology1998;4.
3. Zariktuev V.C. To the Implementation Problem of Mechatronics Machine Systems ,informational aspect, Mechatronics 2000; 4: 23-27.
4. Il'inskiy N.F. To the editorial body of journal Mechatronicsâ€,Mechatronics 2000; 5: 46-47.
5. Kraynev A.F. Machines Mechanics: Fundamental Dictionary. Ðœ.: Machine Muilding 2000; 904.
6. Kuleshov V.S., Poduraev Y.V. The First Graduating Class of Professionals on Specialty Mechatronicsâ€ , Mechatronics 2001;.5: 42-45.
7. Kulish I.A., Poduraev Y.V., Shomko I. Mobile Robotics Intelligent Control on the Basis of Combination of Neutral Network and Indistinct Methods ,Mechatronics 2001; 5: 8-11.
8. Official web site of Global Innovation Index ,Digital resource. Available from: http://www.globalinnovationindex.org. [Last accessed on 2017 MAR 15].
9. Official web site of World Bank ,Digital resource, Available from http://data.worldbank.org/indicator. [Last accessed on 2017 MAR 20].
10. Lagutina G.S. About Simplicity and Complexity:Conversion in Machine Building1994; 4: 50-51.
11. Lohin V.M. Intelligent Control Systems , Mechatronics 2001; 1: 28.
12. Lysov N.Y. Development and Research of Fast Intelligent Driving Units of Mechatronics Systems, Mechatronics 2001;2: 35-43.
13. Mechatronics For The Evil Genius Ðœ; 2005: 213. https://www.amazon.com/Mechatronics-Evil-Genius-Build-Yourself/dp/0071457593.
14. Joseph B,Mooney J, Daqing H, Charlie F, Henville, Frank P. Computer-Based Relay Models Simplify Relay:Application Studies. 20th Annual Western Perpective Relay Conference1993.
15. Charles H, Matthews, Ralph B. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: A Competency Framework. London; New York: Routledge 2015.
16. Jean E .Innovation Policy: A Guide for Developing Countries. Washington, DC: World Bank 2010.
17. George R. Designing Intelligent Machines, Perception, Cognition and Execution 2012;1.