FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF ANTIDEPRESSANT ORODISPERSIBLE TABLETS
Objective: Orodispersible tablet formulation was proposed to be developed for fluoxetine hydrochloride taking into consideration itâ€™s physical, chemical, pharmacological and pharmacokinetic properties and was proposed to be investigated with respect to its potential to be developed into novel drug delivery system
Methods: Carrying out pre-formulation studies such as drug-polymer interaction analysis by Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy and pre-compression characterization of a physical mixture of drug and excipients. Preparation of the orodispersible tablet by using various super disintegrants like croscarmellose, crospovidone & sodium starch glycolate. Preparation of the orodispersible tablet by using various methods like wet granulation method & sublimation method.
Results: To evaluate tablets for various physicochemical parameters such as hardness, friability, weight variation, drug content, wetting time, in vitro disintegration time, in vitro dissolution.
Conclusion: Finally concluded that the oro dispersible tablet of fluoxetine hydrochloride formulated by sublimation method by using crospovidone at 4.5% level used for depression treatment.Keywords: Fluxetine, orodispersible tablets, Crosscarmellose, Crospovidone, Sodium starch glycolate
2. Indurwade NH, Rajyaguru TH, Nakhat PD. Novel approachâ€“fast dissolving tablets. Indian Drug 2002;39:405-9.
3. Kuchekar BS, Atul, Badhan C, Mahajan HS. Mouth dissolving tablets: a novel drug delivery system. Pharm Times 2003;35:7-9.
4. Allen LV, Wang B. Particulate support matrix for making a rapidly dissolving tablet, US Patent 5595761; 1997.
5. Bogner RH, Wilkosz MF. Fast-dissolving tablets: U. S. Pharmacist. A Jobson. Publication; 2010.
6. Habib W, Khankari RH, Hontz J. Fast-dissolving drug delivery system. Crit Rev Ther Drug Carrier Syst 2000;17:61-72.
7. Reddy LH, Ghosh B, Rajneesh. Fast dissolving drug delivery systems: a review of the literature. Indian J Pharm Sci 2002;64:331-6.
8. Gupta A, Mishra AK, Gupta V, Bansal P, Singh R, Singh AK. Recent trends of fast dissolving tablet - an overview of formulation technology. Int J Pharm Biol Arch 2010;1:1â€“10.
9. Vollmer, Paolo Galfetti. Rapid film: oral thin films (OTF) as an innovative Drug Delivery System and Dosage; 2007.
10. Bodmeier R. Darreichungsform zur application in korperoffnungen. German Patent; 1999.
11. Pandit AP, Joshi SB. Formulation development of chewing gum as a novel drug delivery system for dilitazem hydrochloride. Indian Drug 2006;43:725-72.
12. Dobetti L. Fast melting tablets: developments and technologies. Pharm Technol Drug Delivery 2001;44-50.
13. Fix JA. Advances in quick-dissolving tablets technology employing Wow tab. In: IIR Conference on Drug Delivery Systems; 1998.