ELECTROANALYSIS OF IBUPROFEN ON CONDUCTING POLYANILINE NANOFIBER COATED GLASSY CARBON SURFACE
Objective: Voltammetric procedure for analysis of pharmaceutical formulation of ibuprofen on conducting polyaniline nanofiber modified glassy carbon electrode was explored.
Methods: The effect of pH was studied at different medium such as acidic, neutral and basic. The cyclic voltammetric behavior of ibuprofen was studied betweenâˆ’0.5 V and 1.8 V versus Ag/AgCl at modified glassy carbon surface.
Results: The electroanalytical parameters of the detection are highly dependent on their configuration and dimensions of the electrode. The scan rate and concentration effect of ibuprofen were studied. The best limit of detection was 100 ppb and the linear range from 200 to 400 ppb on the modified electrode surface. The determination was successfully applied for the detection of drugs in several pharmaceutical drug formulations. The Atomic force microscopic (AFM) image shows the surface morphologies of polymer modified surface; compound adsorbed surface, particle distribution graphs and surface roughness values, which are in good agreement.Conclusion: The anodic peak was observed at 1.63 V, assigned for the oxidation of ibuprofen, which is not accompanied by corresponding cathodic reduction. This behavior suggested that the irreversibility of the electrode process.
2. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G, Gurumallesh Prabu H. Influence of surfactants on the electrochromic behavior of poly (3,4â€“ethylene dioxythiophene). J Appl Polym Sci 2007;104:3285â€“91.
3. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G. Synthesis of a nanosize copolymer of 3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene with diclofenac and characterization. J Polym Sci Part A: Polym Chem 2007;45: 2787-96.
4. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G, Gurumallesh Prabu H. Copolymerization of aniline and 4,4â€™-diamino diphenyl sulphone and characterization of formed nano size copolymer. Electrochim Acta 2006;52:831-8.
5. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G, Gurumallesh Prabu H. Electrochemical synthesis and characterization of novel electrochromic poly (3, 4-ethylenedioxythiophene-co-Diclofenac) with surfactants. Electrochim Acta 2006;51:2964-70.
6. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G, Somasundaram RM. The electrochemical and electrochromic behavior of novel poly (aniline-co-4,4â€™-diamino diphenyl Sulfone). Chem Mater 2005;17:1722-7.
7. Manisankar P, Vedhi C, Selvanathan G. Synthesis and characterization of novel nano size electroactive poly 4,4â€™-diamino diphenyl sulphone. J Polym Sci Part A: Polym Chem 2005;43:1702-7.
8. Yu DB, Sun XQ, Zou JW, Wang ZR, Wang F, Tang K. Template-free hydrothermal synthesis of octahedral Fe3O4microcrystals and its magnetic property. J Phys Chem B 2006;110:21667-71.
9. Arruebo M, GalaÂ´n M, NavascueÂ´s N, Tellez C, Marquina C, Ibarra MR, et al. Ordered mesoporous silica nanoparticles with and without embedded iron oxide nanoparticles: structure evolution during synthesis. J Chem Mater 2006;18:1911-9.
10. Vadivel M, Suresh Chandra Kumar M, Vedhi C, Selvam V, Dhaveethu Raja J. Development and corrosion performance of 3-aminopropyltriethoxysilane grafted gpoxidized ethylene-propylene-diene terpolymer rubber coatings. J Chem Pharm Sci 2015;7:200-2.
11. Dhaveethu Raja J, Senthilkumar GS, Vedhi C, Vadivel M. Synthesis, structural characterization, electrochemical, biological, antioxidant and nuclease activities of 3-morpholinopropyl amine mixed ligand complexes. J Chem Pharm Res 2015;7:1-14.
12. Jessica Fernando, Vedhi C. Synthesis, spectral and electrochemical characterization of adipic acid doped polyaniline. Int J Sci Technol 2015;3:166-73.
13. Reddy TM, Balaji K, Jayarama Reddy SR. Differential pulse adsorptive stripping voltammetric determination of benzocaine and butacaine with nafion modified glassy carbon electrode. Croat Chem Acta 2006;79:253â€“9.
14. Tiwari DC, Jain R, Tiwari G. Electrochemical behavior of famotidine in the pharmaceutical formulation at composite polymer membrane electrode. Indian J Chem Technol 2008;5:472â€“5.
15. Huang K, Xu C, Xie W, Wang W. Electrochemical behavior and voltammetric determination of tryptophan based on 4-aminobenzoic acid polymer film modified glassy carbon electrode. Colloids Surf B 2009;74:167â€“71.
16. Esra Rukiye ApaydÄ±n, Gulsen Saglikoglu, Selehattin Yilmaz, Mustafa Yildiz. Sensitive electrochemical determination of oxcarbazepine using polymer film modified glassy carbon electrode. Int J Electrochem Sci 2015;10:1904â€“15.
17. Cigdem Demirtas, Selehattin Yilmaz, Gulsen Saglikoglu, Murat Sadikoglu. Electrochemical determination of phenazopyridine hydrochloride using poly(p-aminobenzene Sulfonic Acid) film modified glassy carbon electrode. Int J Electrochem Sci 2015;10:1883â€“92.
18. Durst RA, Baumner AJ, Murray RW, Buck RP, AndrÄ±eux CP. Chemically modified electrodes: recommended terminology and definitions. Pure Appl Chem 1997;69:1317-23.
19. Hou S, Zheng N, Feng H, Li X, Yuan Z. Determination of dopamine in the presence of ascorbic acid using poly(3,5-dihydroxy benzoic acid) film modified electrode. Anal Biochem 2008;381:179-84.
20. Tetsuhiko Kobayashi, Hiroshi Yoneyama, Hideo Tamura. Polyaniline film-coated electrodes as electrochromic display devices. J Electroanal Chem 1980;115:279.
21. Lakshmi A, Gopu G, Thanikaikarasan S, Mahalingam T, Peggy Alvarez, Sebastian PJ, et al. Electroanalysis of diazepam on nanosize conducting poly (3-methylthiophene) modified glassy carbon electrode. J New Mater Electrochem Syst 2014;17:185-90.
22. Lakshmi A, Vedhi C. Synthesis and characterization of poly (3-hexylthiophene) and used as modified electrode for determination of antidepressants in pharmaceutical formulations and urine samples. J Electrochem Soc 2013;160:H1-H6.
23. Lakshmi A, Anandha Raj J, Gopu G, Arumugam P, Vedhi C. Electrochemical, electrochromic behavior and effects of supporting electrolyte on nano-thin film of poly (3,4-ethylenedioxy thiophene). Electrochim Acta 2013;92:452-9.
24. Mohamed Sikkander A, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Cyclic voltammetric determination of 1, 4-Dihydro pyridine drugs using MWCNTs modified glassy carbon electrode. Chem Sin 2012;3:413-20.
25. Mohamed Sikkander A, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Electrochemical stripping studies of amlodipine using mwcnt modified glassy carbon electrode. J Chem Mater Res 2011;1:1-7.
26. Mohamed Sikkander A, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Utilization of sodium montmorillonite clay for enhanced electrochemical sensing of amlodipine. Indian J Chem 2016;55A:571-5.
27. Gopu G, Muralidharan B, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Determination of three analgesics in pharmaceutical and urine sample on nano poly (3, 4-ethylenedioxythiophene) modified electrode. Ionics 2012;18:231-9.
28. Gopu G, Manisankar P, Muralidharan B, Vedhi C. Stripping voltammetric determination of analgesics in their pharmaceuticals using nano-riboflavin-modified glassy carbon electrode. Int J Electrochem 2011:1-11. http:// dx.doi.org/10.4061/2011/269452
29. Vedhi C, Anandha Raj J, Gopal N, Somasudaram RM, Manisankar P. Synthesis of potential capacitive poly 4, 4â€™-diaminodiphenyl sulphoneâ€“metal nanocomposites and their characterizations. Synth Met 2010;160:1307â€“12.
30. Anandh Raj J, Mathiyarau J, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Electrochemical synthesis of nanosize polyaniline from aqueous surfactant solutions. Mater Lett 2010;64:895-7.
31. Muralidharan B, Gopu G, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Determination of analgesics in pharmaceutical formulations and urine samples using nano polypyrrole modified glassy carbon electrode. J Appl Electrochem 2010;39:1117-84.
32. Muralidharan B, Gopu G, Vedhi C, Manisankar P. Voltammetric determination of analgesics and urine using a montmorillonite modified electrode. Appl Clay Sci 2008;42:206â€“13.
33. Ramadan AA, Mandil H. Determination of gatifloxacin in pure form and pharmaceutical formulations by differential pulse polarographic analysis. Anal Biochem 2010;404:1â€“7.
34. Liu X. A novel sensor based on the electropolymerization poly(safranine) film electrode for voltammetric determination of 4-nitrophenol. Bull Korean Chem Soc 2010;31:5.
35. PÃ©rez-Ortiz M, Munoz C, Zapata-UrzÃºa C, Ãlvarez-Lueje A. Electrochemical behavior of atomoxetine and its voltammetric determination in capsules. Talanta 2010;82:398â€“403.
36. Arvand M, Vaziri M, Vejdani M. Electrochemical study of atenolol at a carbon paste electrode modified with mordenite type zeolite. Mater Sci Eng C 2010;30:709â€“14.
37. Wen X, Fei J, Chen X, Yi L, Ge F, Huang M. Electrochemical analysis of trifluralin using a nanostructuring electrode with multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Environ Pollut 2008;156:1015â€“20.
38. Pradeep Kumar Brahman, Riyaz Ahmad Dar, Sweety Tiwari, Krishna Sadashiv Pitre. Voltammetric determination of anticancer drug flutamide in surfactant media at polymer film modified carbon paste electrode. Colloids Surf A 2012;396:8â€“15.