HOMOLOGY MODELING OF SUBCUTANEOUS FILARIASIS DHFR PROTEINS
Objective: A systematic technique for protein modeling offers great assistance in the study of protein function, dynamics, interactions with ligands, other proteins and even in drug discovery and drug design. Subcutaneous filariasis is rare parasitic disease caused by Loa Loa (eye worm) and monosonallastreptoscerca species.Â
Methods: The present study develop three dimensional structure of dihydrofolatereductase present in Loa loa species. For this purpose knowledge based homology modeling is used by using Schrodinger Glide 5.6 software.
Results: The procedure involves alignment that maps residues in the query sequence to residues in the template sequence to generate structural model of target, which was further refined and final result validated by using Ramchandran plot.Conclusion: In ramchandran plot majority of the amino acids are in the phi-psi distribution and thedevelop model is reliable and of good quality.
2. ArchanaJayaraman, Kaiser Jamil. Homology modeling and docking studies of human alpha2-Adrenergic receptor subtype. J Comput Sci Syst Biol 2013;6:136-49.
3. Sakshi P, Vandana Saini. Homology modeling and molecular docking studies of human placental cadherine protein for itâ€™s role teratogenic effects of anti-epileptic drugs. Comput Biol Chem 2016;60:1-8.
4. Ankita S, Ravi Kumar Gundampati. Homology modeling and molecular docking of heme peroxidase form euphorbia tirucalli substrate specificity and thiol inhibitor interactions. J Mol Liquid 2016;220:383-94.
5. Rmeshkumar D, Sanjuktha M. Molecular modeling and docking studies on shrimp vitellogenin receptor and liganed mediated delivery system. Int J Res Drug Delivery 2012;2:11-4.
6. Paola Fossa, Elena Cichero. In silicoe valution of human small heat shock protein HSP27: Homology modeling, mutation analysis and docking studies. Bioorg Med Chem 2015;23:3215-20.