BIOLOGICAL INFLUENCE OF METHENAMINE SILVER ON BROILERS
Objective: Important trend in the global agribusiness is restrictions of antibiotics content in meat and poultry products. Widespread of antibiotic-resistant microorganisms leads to huge losses of the effectiveness of the drugs. The aim of the present work was an investigation of the biological activity of antibacterial complexâ€“silver methenamine poultry farming.
Methods: The study of biochemical and hematological indices of blood we performed one day after single and course of oral drug administration on broilers Ross 308. Evaluation of biological action in industrial poultry farming was carried out on a group of 30 thousand broilers after a course of oral administration.
Results: revealed the silver complex (in form of water solution) has no toxic effects on blood parameters. It was shown the positive influence on survival and productivity of broilers.
Conclusion: Methenamine silver has certain potential as prospect drug and food additive.
2. Elson HA. Poultry welfare in intensive and extensive production systems. Worlds Poult Sci J 2015;71:449-59.
3. TÃ¶rneke K, Torren-Edo J, Grave K, Mackay DKJ. The management of risk arising from the use of antimicrobial agents in veterinary medicine in EU/EEA countriesâ€“a review. J Vet Pharmacol Ther 2015;38:519â€“28.
4. Catry B, Laevens H, Devriese LA, Opsomer G, de Kruif A. Antimicrobial resistance in livestock. J Vet Pharmacol Therapeut 2003;26:81â€“93.
5. Gadde UT, Lillehoj RH. Passive immunization with hyperimmune egg-yolk IgY as prophylaxis and therapy for poultry diseases. Anim Health Res Rev 2015;16:1-14.
6. Panigrahi S, Vakati SV, Raju GT, Goud P. Quality Improvement of poultry feed by chelated micronutrients. Appl Sci-Tech 2015;7:135-40.
7. Nguyen QK, Nguyen DD, Nguyen VK, Nguyen KT, Tran HC, Nguyen XT, et al. Impact of biogenic nanoscale metals Fe, Cu, Zn and Se on reproductive LV chickens. Adv Nat Sci Nanosci Nanotechnol 2015;6:35017.
8. Wideman RF, Al-Rubaye AK, Blankenship YM, Lester JH, Mitchell KN, Pevzner IY, et al. Prophylactic administration of a combined prebiotic and probiotic, or therapeutic administration of enrofloxacin, to reduce the incidence of bacterial chondronecrosis with osteomyelitis in broilers. Poult Sci 2015;94:25-36.
9. Kolotilin I, Topp E, Cox E, Devriendt B, Conrad U, Joensuu J, et al. Plant-based solutions for veterinary immunotherapeutics and prophylactics. Vet Res 2014;45:117.
10. Plotnikov E, Gapeyev A, Plotnikov V. Investigation genotoxicity of new silver-based complex with antimicrobial activity. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2015;7:1-2.
11. Plotnikov E, Pehenko V, Plotnikov V. Antibacterial and immunomodulatory effects of hexamethylenetetramine (Methenamine) silver nitrate. Physiolpharmacol 2015;19:247-52.
12. Plotnikov E, Zhuravkov S, Gapeyev A, Plotnikov V, Martemianova I, Martemianov D. Comparative study of genotoxicity of silver and gold nanoparticles prepared by the electric spark dispersion method. J Appl Pharm Sci 2017;7:35-9.