TOBACCO INTAKE STATUS–A REVIEW
One of the global health issues is tobacco consumption, either in the form of smoked tobacco and smokeless tobacco (ST). In the world wide more than 300 million people consumes various ST product. Tobacco makes addiction and cause cancer, the cardiovascular mortality risk level more and poor pregnancy outcomes. The smoked tobacco and ST causes major disease burden in different countries and regions.
This article reviews briefly about the various health issues causes by tobacco products consumption and its effects of stimulating diseases.
2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_tabacum [Last accessed on 10 Mar 2019].
3. Steven I Hajdu, Manjunath S Vadmal. A note from history: the use of tobacco. Ann Clin Laboratory S 178 Cience 2010;40:178-81.
4. Kamran Siddiqi, Aishwarya Lakshmi Vidyasagaran, Anne Readshaw, Ray Croucher. A policy perspective on the global use of smokeless tobacco. Curr Addict Rep 2017;4:503–10.
5. https://www.who.int/news-room/events/detail/2019/05/31/ default-calendar/world-no-tobacco-day [Last accessed on 17 Mar 2019].
6. https://www.who.int/gho/tobacco/en/downloaded [Last accessed on 17 Mar 2019].
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.