EVALUATION OF ANTI-PYRETIC AND WOUNDHEALING ACTIVITIES OF EVOLVULUS NUMMULARIUS LEAVES IN ALBINO WISTAR RATS
Objective: The present study was to evaluate the anti-pyretic and wound healing activity of hydro alcoholic extracts of Evolvulus nummularius leaves in albino wistar rats.
Methods: Anti-pyretic potential was determined by yeast-induced pyrexia and for testing the wound healing property, excision method used in wistar albino rats
Results: The present result shows that the hydroalcoholc extract of leaf possesses significant anti-pyretic effect in yeast-provoked elevation of body temperature and The hydro alcoholic extract and leaf juices showed a significant wound healing activity which was well comparable with the standard drug used.
Conclusions: The most significant inhibition of wound healing and also the significant reduction in hyperpyrexia in rats when treated with standard drugs as well as different extracts.Keywords: Anti-pyretic, Wound healing activity, Evolvulus nummularius, Albino wistar rats.
2. Madhava Chetti K, Sivaji K, Tulasirao K. Flowering plants of chittor district Andhra Pradesh. India, First edition, Tirupati; 2008. p. 16.
3. Khare CP. Indian Medicinal Plants, New Delhi, Spinger; 2008. p. 256.
4. Jain SK. Dictionary of Indian Folk Medicine and Ethnobotany, New Delhi, Deep. Publication; 1991. p. 92.
5. Manandhar NP, Manandhar S. Plants and People of Nepal. Timber Press; 2002. p. 230.
6. Chitralekha C, Dey PK, Dey CD. Pharmacological screening of Valeriana wallichi, Lallemantia royleana, Breynia rhamnoides and Evolvulus nummularius for sedative and anticonvulsant principle, Nature Wissenschaften; 1964. p. 51, 411.
7. Biswanath D, Biplab G, Shiho A, Nariko S, Yoshihiro F. Chemcal constituents of Evolvulus nummularius. Indian J Chem 2007;46;492-8.
8. Gupta DR, Ahmed B, Dhiman RP, Shoyakugakuzasshi. A Flavone and ts to ne glycosides of Evolvulus nummularius 1984;38(4):341-5.
9. Dash GK, Bijayini M, Panda A, Patro CP, Ganapaty S. Antihelmintic activity of Evolvulus nummulariusIndian. J Nat Prod 2003;19:24-6.73.
10. Pavithra PS, Srevidya N, Verma RS. Antibacterial and antioxidant activity of Methanol extract of Evolvulus nummularius. Indian J Pharmacol 2009;41:233-336.
11. Md Moniruzzaman, Nayeema Parvin, Sabina Sultana, Mohammad Abdullah, Ataur Rahman Khan, Nurul Islam. Evaluation of biological activities of evolvulus nummularius through insecticidal, insect repellency and brine shrimp lethality tests. J Life Earth Sci 2013;8:101-4.
12. Somnath Bhowmik, BK Datta, Sunrit Basu, Sarbadhikary NC. Mandal, Contribution to the less known ethnomedicinaly plants used by munda and santal community of india with their ethnomedicinal justification. World Appl Sci J 2013;23(10):1408-17.
13. JB Perianayagam, SK Sharma, Aney joseph, AJM Chrstina. Evaluation of anti-pyretic and analgesic activity of Emblica officinalis Gaertn. J Ethnopharmacol 2003;95:83â€“5.
14. Bairy KL, Rao CM. Wound healing profiles of Ginkgo biloba. J Nat Remedies 2001;1(1):25-7.