ACTIVE-HASH-TABLE BASED PUBLIC AUDITING FOR SECURE CLOUD STORAGE
Public auditing scheme for secure cloud storage based on dynamic hash table, which is a new two-dimensional data structure located at a third-party auditor (TPA) to record the data property information for dynamic auditing. Differing form the existing works, the proposed scheme migrates the authorized information from the cloud services provider to the TPA and thereby significantly reduces the computational cost and communication overhead. Our scheme can also achieve higher updating efficiency than the state of the art schemes. In addition, we extend our scheme to support privacy preservation by combining the homomorphic authenticator based on the public key with the random masking generated by the TPA and achieve batch auditing by employing the aggregate BLS signature technique. We formally prove the security of the proposed scheme and evaluate the auditing performance by detailed experiments and comparisons with the existing ones. The results demonstrate that the proposed scheme can effectively achieve secure auditing for cloud storage and outperform the previous schemes’ in computation complexity, storage costs, and communication overhead.
2. Wang C, Wang Q, Ren K, Cao N, Lou W. Toward secure and dependable storage services in cloud computing. IEEE Trans Service Comput 2012;5:220-32.
3. Ren K, Wang C, Wang Q. Security challenges for the public cloud. IEEE Internet Comput 2012;16:69-73.
4. Ryoo J, Rizvi S, Aiken W, Kissell J. Cloud security auditing: Challenges and emerging approaches. IEEE Secur Priv 2014;12:68-74.
5. Wang C, Ren K, Lou W, Li J. Toward publicly auditable secure cloud data storage services. IEEE Netw 2010;24:19-24.
6. Wang Q, Wang C, Ren K, Lou W, Li J. Enabling public auditability and data dynamics for storage security in cloud computing. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 2011;22:847-59.
7. Sebé F, Domingo-Ferrer J, Martínez-Ballesté A, Deswarte Y, Quisquater JJ. Efficient remote data possession checking in critical information infrastructures. IEEE Trans Knowl Data Eng 2008; 20:1034
8. Juels A, Kaliski BS Jr. PoRs: Proofs of Retrievability for Large Files. Proceeding ACM Conference Computer and Communications Security CCS ’07; 2007 p. 584-597.
9. Ateniese G, Johns RB, Curtmola R, Herring J, Kissner L, Peterson Z, et al. Provable Data Possession at Untrusted Stores. Proceeding 14th ACM Conference on Computer and Communication Security; 2007. p. 598-609.
10. Yang K, Jia X. Data storage auditing service in cloud computing: Challenges, methods and opportunities. World Wide Web 2012;15:409 28.
11. Wang C, Wang Q, Ren K, Lou W. Privacy-Preserving Public Auditing for Data Storage Security in Cloud Computing. Proceeding IEEE INFOCOM; 2010. p. 1-9.
12. Wang C, Chow SM, Wang Q, Ren K, Lou W. Privacy-preserving public auditing for secure cloud storage. IEEE Trans Comput 2013;62:362-75.
13. Zhu Y, Hu H, Ahn G, Yu M. Cooperative provable data possession for integrity verification in multi-cloud storage. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 2012;23:2231-44.
14. Yang K, Jia X. An efficient and secure dynamic auditing protocol for data storage in cloud computing. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 2013;24:1717-26.
15. Erway CC, Küpçü A, Papamanthou C, Tamassia R. Dynamic Provable Data Possession. Proceeding 16th ACM Conference Computer and Communication Security; 2009. p. 213-22.
16. Zhu Y, Wang H, Hu Z, Ahn GJ, Hu H, Yau SS. Dynamic audit services for outsourced storage in clouds. IEEE Trans Serv Comput 2013;6:227 38.
17. Boneh D, Lynn B, Shacham H. Short Signatures from the Weil Pairing. Vol. 2248. Proceeding ASIACRYPT LNCS; 2001. p. 514-32.
18. Wang B, Li B, Li H. Panda: Public auditing for shared data with efficient user revocation in the cloud. IEEE Trans Serv Comput 2015;8:92-106.
19. Liu C, Ranjian R, Zhang X, Yang C, Georgakopoulos D, Chen J. Public Auditing for Big Data Storage in Cloud Computing a Survey. Proceeding 16th IEEE International Conference Computational Science and Engineering; 2013.p. 1128-35.
20. Liu C, Chen J, Yang LT, Zhang X, Yang C, Ranjan R, Ramamohanarao K. Authorized public auditing of dynamic big data storage on cloud with efficient verifiable fine-grained updates. IEEE Trans Parallel Distrib Syst 2014;25:2234-44.
21. Boneh D, Gentry C, Lynn B, Shacham H. Aggregate and Verifiably Encrypted Signatures from Bilinear Maps. Proceeding 22nd Int’l Conference Theory and Applications of Cryptographic Techniques Eurocrypt ’03; 2003. p. 416-432.
22. Shacham H, Waters B. Compact Proofs of Retrievability. Proceeding 14th Int’l Conference Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security: Advances in Cryptology ASIACRYPT ’08; 2008. p.90-107.