PERFORMANCE OF HYBRID SYSTEM FOR AUTOMOBILE
Studies on new fuel-saving technologies have been popular in recent years because of decreasing global crude oil supplies and growing environmental concerns. The price of crude oil, according to the Department of Energy (2007), is over 400% higher than ten years ago (Figure 1.1) and is likely to continue to surge in the future because of shrinking oil supplies. To reduce oil consumption by
ground vehicles, the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) was enacted by the US Congress in 1975. The CAFE legislation is overseen by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), which sets fuel economy standards for cars and light trucks (trucks, vans, and sport utility vehicles) sold in the US and other countries fallow it's rule as suitable change . While the CAFE standards have remained relatively constant for the last twenty years, the discussion of increasing it is significant in the past fifteen years regarding shrinking oil supplies and increasing oil demands
2. Denmark, www.risoe.dk/rispubl/VEA/veapdf/ris-r-1256.pdf
3. Paganelli, G., Tateno, M., Brahma, A., Rizzoni, G., and Guezennec, Y., (2001), ContrDevelopment for a Hybrid-Electric Sport-Utility Vehicle: Strategy, Implementation and Field Test Results,â€ Proceedings of the American Control Confer ol ence, Arlington, VA.
4. Paganelli, G., Guezennec, Y., Rizzoni, G., (2002), Optimizing Control Strategy for Hybrid Fuel Cell Vehicle,â€ SAE Paper 2002-01-0102.
5. Rizzoni, G., Musardo, C., and Staccia, B., (2004), A Comparative Study of Su;ervisory Control Strategies for Hybrid Electric Vehicles
6. Jinming Liu A dissertation submitted in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of
7. Doctor of Philosophy (Mechanical Engineering) in The University of Michigan 2007
8. Clark N, Nandkumar S, Atkinson C, Atkinson R, McDaniel T, Petreanu S et al. Operation of a small- bore two-stroke linear engine, Proc. of the Fall Technical Conference of the ASME Internal Combustion Engine Division, 1998:31-1:33â€“40.
9. Designe and implementation of a novel hybrid- electric-motorcycle transmissionâ€by Kuen-Bao Sheu and Tsung-Hua hsu IM&EME ,National Formosa university.