Microemulsions- A Potential carrier for drug delivery
Microemulsions have attracted much interest over the past years as potential drug delivery systems because of their transparency ease of in preparation and long-term stability. Micro emulsions provide sustained or controlled drug release for different routes of administration including parenteral administration. It shows advantages in the drug delivery like greater absorption of drugs, alteration of the kinetics of the drug release and decreased toxicity are several advantages in the delivery process. In this article the microemulsion preparation techniques and applications were discussed in detail.
2. Lawrence MJ, Rees GD. Micro emulsion-based media as novel drug delivery systems. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews.2000; 45:89â€“121.
3. Micro emulsion history. Available at: http://m.authorstream.com/presentation/a SGuest54570-439278-microemulsion/. July 9. 2013.
4. Nash.R. Pharmaceutical suspension. Available from: http://www.Scribd.Com /doc/76712245/Pharmaceutical-dosage-forms-disperse-systems-Volume-2 on July 9. 2013.
5. Micro emulsions: Background, New Concepts, Applications, Perspectives. Edited by Cosima Stubenrauch. Available at: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ 9781444305524.index/pdf on July5.2013.
6. Acevedo R, Romeu B, Zayas C, GonzÃ¡lez E, Lastre M, Campo J, et al. In vitro study of protein release from AFCo1 and implications in mucosal immunization. Vaccine monitor.2012; 21(2):1â€“5.
7. Lin C, Lin H, Chen H, Yu M, Lee M. Stability and characterization of phospholipids based curcumin-encapsulated micro emulsions. Food Chemistry.2009; 116(4):923.
8. Silva AE, Barratt G, ChÃ©ron M, Egito EST. Development of oil-in-water micro emulsions for the oral delivery of amphotericin B. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2013.
9. Constantinides PP, Scalart J. Formulation and physical characterization of water-in-oil micro emulsions containing long- versus medium-chain glycerides. International journal of Pharmaceutics 1997; 158:57â€“68.
10. Floyd AG, Floyd AG. Top ten considerations in the development of parenteral emulsions.PSTT.1999; 2(4): 134-144.
11. Lakshmi J, Kumar BA, Gupta S. Investigation of micro emulsion as potential carrier for advanced transdermal deliveryâ€¯: An Overview. International Journal Of Pharmaceutical Sciences Rev. Res.2013; 20(2):51â€“9.
12. Lawrence MJ. Micro emulsions as drug delivery vehicles. Current Opinion in Colloid & Interface Sciences. 1996; 1(6):826â€“32.
13. Ahammed SN, Srinivasan S, Kavitha K, Kumar MR, Kumar PS.A review on micro emulsions. International Journal of Current Pharmaceutical Research. 2013; 5(2): 10-14.
14. Gulati N. and Gupta H. Parenteral Drug Delivery: A Review. Recent Patents on Drug Delivery and Formulations. 2011; 5(13):133-145.
15. Date AA, Nagarsenker MS. Parenteral micro emulsionsâ€¯: An overview. International Journal of Pharmaceutics.2008; 355:19â€“30.
16. Moulik SP, Paul BK. Structure, dynamics and transport properties of micro emulsions. Advances in Colloid and Interface Sciences. 1998; 78: 99-195.
17. Michel S, Curie M. Micro emulsions in Compressible Fluids -- A Review. Fluid Phase Equilibria.1995; 107:93â€“150.