Methods for constructing estimated two-factor linear regression models for diagnosing the severity of bronchial asthma in children
Predicting the severity of bronchial asthma in children remains a difficult due to the heterogeneity of the disease. A clinical and paraclinical examination of 70 children with a diagnosis of bronchial asthma at the age from 6 to 18 years was carried out. 142 factors were analyzed and the degree of interrelationship between them was determined. To diagnose the severity of bronchial asthma,one-factor regression modelsare used and developed a method for constructing two-factor linear models. The proposed method for constructing evaluative two-parameter models has a satisfactory accuracy, which makes it possible to use the proposed class of models to determine the relationships between the observed value and the factors under study.
2.Salo P, Arbes S, Jaramillo R, Calatroni A, Weir C, Sever M et al. Prevalence of allergic sensitization in the United States: Results from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2005-2006. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2014;134(2):350–359.
3. Gough H, Grabenhenrich L, Reich A, Eckers N, Nitsche O, Schramm D et al. Allergic multimorbidity of asthma, rhinitis and eczema over 20 years in the German birth cohort MAS. Pediatric Allergy and Immunology. 2015;26(5):431–437.
4. Garcia-Aymerich J, Benet M, Saeys Y, Pinart M, Basagaña X, Smit H et al. Phenotyping asthma, rhinitis and eczema in MeDALL population-based birth cohorts: an allergic comorbidity cluster. Allergy. 2015;70(8):973–984.
5. Pols D, Bohnen A, Nielen M, Korevaar J, Bindels P. Risks for comorbidity in children with atopic disorders: an observational study in Dutch general practices. BMJ Open. 2017; 7(11): e018091.
6. Pinart M, Benet M, Annesi-Maesano I, von Berg A, Berdel D, Carlsen K. Comorbidity of eczema, rhinitis, and asthma in IgE-sensitised and non-IgE-sensitised children in MeDALL: a population-based cohort study. Lancet Respir Med. 2014;2(2):131–134.
7. Jacob L, Keil T, Kostev K. Comorbid disorders associated with asthma in children in Germany - National analysis of pediatric primary care data. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2016;27:861–866.
8. Amin P, Levin L, Epstein T, Ryan P, LeMasters G, Khurana Hershey G et al. Optimum Predictors of Childhood Asthma: Persistent Wheeze or the Asthma Predictive Index?.The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: In Practice. 2014;2(6):709–715.e2.
9.Puranik S, Forno E, Bush A, Celedón J. Predicting severe asthma exacerbations in children.American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2017;195(7):854–859.
10.Kozhyna O, PihnastyiO. Data Structure of Clinical Research. Human Health & Disease.2019;3(9):71-79.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.