DIFFERENCES VALUE OF BLOOD UREA NITROGEN AND CREATININE SERUM IN CERVICAL CANCER SQUAMOUS CELL STADIUM IIB-IIIB BEFORE AND AFTER CHEMOTHERAPY PACLITAXEL CISPLATIN FOR SIX CYCLE IN SANGLAH GENERAL HOSPITAL DENPASAR BALI
Objective: The combination of paclitaxel-cisplatin regimen is one of the chemotherapy regimens used at Sanglah General Hospital, Denpasar. Cisplatin is a potent chemotherapeutic agent, but the nephrotoxic effects of cisplatin reported that research is needed to see the toxic effect on the kidneys before and after 6 series of paclitaxel-cisplatin chemotherapy. Toxicity assessment of the chemotherapy can be observed by evaluating kidney function from monitoring both blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and creatinine serum value.
Methods: The research was conducted as an observational study using a prospective cohort method. The research was conducted from January 2016 to June 2016. Patientsâ€™ follow-up was conducted from the first until the last series of chemotherapy. The data were statistically analyzed with STATA version 14 with paired t-test when the data were normally distributed or the data were analyzed with Wilcoxon test when they were not normally distributed.
Results: A total of seven patients were evaluated with both their BUN and creatinine serum values during six series of chemotherapy. Statistically, the BUN
and creatinine serum values before the first and after the last paclitaxel-cisplatin chemotherapy series are not statistically significantly different (p>0.05).
Conclusion: There are no significant changes of both BUN and creatinine serum values before the first and after the last paclitaxel-cisplatin chemotherapy series in patients with stadium IIB-IIIB squamous cell cervical cancer. Research with larger sample size is essential to provide optimal information for other health-care professionals.
Keywords: Cervical cancer, Paclitaxel-cisplatin, Creatinine serum, Blood urea nitrogen.
2. Miller RP, Tadagavadi RK, Ramesh G, Reeves WB. Mechanisms of
Cisplatin nephrotoxicity. Toxins (Basel) 2010;2(11):2490-518.
3. Duong CD, Loh JY. Laboratory monitoring in oncology. J Oncol Pharm Pract 2006;12(4):223-36.
4. Lasut E, Rarung M, Suparman E. The Characteristics of Cervical Cancer Patients Prof. Dr. R. D . Kandou BLU General Hospital. J Clin 2015;3(1):83-6. Available from: http://www.ejournal.unsrat.ac.id/ index.php/ebiomedik/article/view/4600.
5. Spencer JV. Cervical Cancer. USA: Infobase Publishing; 2007. p.
10-4. Available from: https://www.books.google.co.id/books?id= c1gaj5skpwgc&pg= pa4&lpg=pa4&dq= spencer,+juliet+v.+cervical+ cancer&source=bl&ots=auq8stdxts&sig =qcmcfucdpdsrdeusuhlf
9y7rufq&hl=id&sa=x&ved=0ahuk ewivgne8i_3pahwipi8 khvpdcl8q6aeiitab# v= onepage&q=spencer%2c%20juliet%20v.%20 cervical%20cancer&f=false.
6. Ole D, Guy C, David E. World Health Report. 2010. Available from:
7. Thabrany, H. Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional. Edisi Kedua. Jakarta: PT Raja Grafindo Persada; 2015.
8. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Pedoman Intepretasi Data
Klinik. Jakarta: Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia; 2011.
9. Setyaningsih A, Puspita D, Rosyidi MI. The Difference of Urea and Creatinine Level on Patients Undergoing Hemodialysis with both New Fibered Hollow and Reused Fibered Hollow at Ungaran District Hospital. J Keperawatan Med Bedah 2013;1(2):15-24. Available from:http://www.jurnal.unimus.ac.id/index.php/JKMB/article/ view/937.
10. Kidera Y, Kawakami H, Sakiyama T, Okamoto K, Tanaka K, Takeda M, et al. Risk factors for cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity and potential of magnesium supplementation for renal protection. PLoS One
2014;9(7):e101902. Available from:http://www.journals.plos.org/
11. Noviyani R, Ketut S, Dewi AAWP, Rasmaya N, Tunas IK, Budiana ING. Evaluation of Blood Urea Nitrogen and Creatinine Serum in Squamous Cell Cervical Cancer Patients Stadium IIB-IIIB who Underwent Paclitaxel-Carboplatin Chemotherapy. Indonesian Journal of Clinical Pharmacy Juni 2014;3(2):55-60. Available from: ijcp.or.od/ achives/2014/3/2/IJCP-120189.html.
12. Arunkumar PA, Viswanatha GL, Radheshyam N, Mukund H, Belliyappa MS. Science behinds cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity n humans: A clinical study. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2012;2(8):640-4. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/ PMC3609353.
13. Lacy CF, Armstrong LL, Goldman PM, Lance LL. Drug Information Handbook. 20th ed. United States: Lexi-Comp Incorporated; 2011. p. 290-3, 1301.
14. Ashley C, dan Currie A. The Renal Drug Handbook. Edisi ketiga. New York: Radcliffe Publishing; 2009.
15. Tazcan S, Izzettin FV, Sancar M, Yumuk MF, Turhal S. Nephrotoxicity Evaluation in Outpatients Treated with Cisplatin-Based Chemotherapy using a short hydration method. Pharmacology & Pharmacy
2013; 4: p. 296-302. Available from: http://file.scirp.org/pdf/ PP_2013053113423408.pdf
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.