CLINICAL CORRELATION OF AMAVATA WITH ARTHROPATHIES
Objective: The objective of the study was to evaluate the disease Amavata with current understanding of International Classification of Diseases (ICD) 2010.
Methods: For the present clinical study, a total of 100 patients were selected. Selection of the patients was done using subjective criteria (mentioned in Ayurvedic samhitas) to diagnose Amavata. Moreover, these patients were classified into three stages according to duration (<6 months, more than 6 months, more than 1 year) of disease. Laboratory investigations were advised such as hematological parameters and collagen profile.
Results: A total of 100 cases of Amavata were divided into two groups based on ICD classification 2010. 86 cases of Amavata patients were diagnosed as rheumatoid arthritis including all the three stages. 14 cases of Amavata were diagnosed as systemic lupus erythematosus, reactive arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis including all the three stages.
Conclusion: Amavata is a syndrome may be correlated to arthropathies described under ICD classification 2010.
2. Neera S, Kumar PP, Byadgi PS. Role of viruddhahara in the genesis of Amavata. Am J Pharm Health Res 2015;3(3):1-10.
3. Yadunandan U. Madhava Nidanam with â€˜Madhukoshaâ€™ Commentary, Amvatanidanadhaya. Varanasi: Chaukhamba Publication; 2009.
4. Byadgi PS. Ayurveda Vikriti Vigyan and Roga Vigyan. Ch. 21. Varanasi, India: Chaukambha Publication; 2009. p. 206.
5. Longo DL, Faucy AS, Kasper DL, Hauser SL, Jameson J, Loscalzo J, et al. The spondyloarthritides. Harrisonâ€™s Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed., Vol. I. USA: McGraw-Hill Companies; 2016.
6. Kashefl S, Lee SM, Mallaysamy SR, Thunga PG. Demographic, clinical characteristics and drug prescription pattern in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in South Indian tertiary care hospital. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8(8):251-7.
7. Keerthana PC, Anila KN. Carbamazepine induced SLE-a rare and serious ADR. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;9(1):319-20.
8. David L, Andres G, Joseph M, White B, Taneja V. The role of the gut in autoimmunity. Indian J Med Res 2013;5:732-43.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.