PREPARATION, OPTIMIZATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF BIOCOMPATIBLE NANOALBUMIN-OFLOXACIN(BSANP-OF) CONJUGATE AND EVALUATION OF CONTROL RELEASE , ANTI BACTERIAL ACTIVITY AGAINST CLINICAL ISOLATE OF PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA
Objective. The objective of the present study is to synthesize and optimize bovine serum albumin nanoparticles coated with ofloxacin drug nano conjugate and evaluation of control release and anti bacterial activity against clinical isolate of Pseudomonas aeruginosa
Methods.Simple coacervation technique was implemented for preparation of BSA nanoparticles and optimization was carried out with various parameters such as pH, Ethanol to BSA ratio and crosslinking time. The Nano-Drug conjugate was prepared using the optimized conditions along with ofloxacin. Â The Nanospheres thus formed were characterized by scanning electron microscopy and the control release, drug loading efficiency and entrapment efficiency was studied. Anti bacterial activity was studied Â with clinical isolate Pseudomonas aeruginosa adopting well diffusion assay.
Results. The optimal pH was found to be 8.5 the ethanol to albumin ratio was fo be 5;1 and cross linking time of 8hrs which gives the higher yield of BSA nanoparticles.The Nanospheres thus formed were characterized using SEM whichÂ showed a particle size of nanosphere in the range of 160-230nm. The drug loading efficiency and entrapment efficiency was found to be 65 and 85% respectively. The in vitro drug release profiles show 81% release There was a controlled and a steady release of drugs from the nanoconjugate which showed distinct activity on Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from clinical samples. Â Conclusion. Nano albumin drug conjugate as an effective anti microbial agent against pathogenic bacteria would suggest the possible utilization ofÂ biocompatible non metallic nanoparticles â€“drug conjugate
2.R.Srilatha,C.Aparna, P.Srinivas,. M. Sadanandam. Formulation, evaluation characterization of glipizide nanoemulsion. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research 2013,6;66-72
3.A.Amzallag,C.Vaillant,M.Jacob, M .Unser,J.Bednar,A. Stasiak, J.H.Maddocks, Nucleic Acids Res 2006,12;17-23
4. M.A.Arangoa, A.Campanero, J.A.Renedo, M.J, Ponchel.J.M.Irache.Pharm.Res,2001,18; 1527-1530
5. L.Betancor, H.R.Luckarift Trends Biotechnol, 2008, 26; 572-576
6 .K. Bouchemal, S.BrianÃ§on ,E.Perrier, H. Fessi. Int. J. Pharm 2004,280 ;251-257
7.P.Couvreur,R. Gref, K.Andrieux, C.Malvy. Prog.Solid State Chem 2006,34;235-238
8.N. Desai,V.Trieu, Z.Yao, L. Louie, A.Ci,. Yang, C., Tao, T., De, B., Beals, D.,. Dykes, P., Noker, R.,Yao, E., Labao, M., Hawkins, P. and Soon-Shiong, Increased antitumor activity, intratumor paclitaxel concentrations, and endothelial cell transport of cremophor- free, albumin-bound paclitaxel, ABI-007, compared with cremophor-based paclitaxel, Clin. Cancer Res, 2006, 12, 1317â€“1324.
9. Dunne.,M.,Corrigan.,O.I., and Ramtoola, Z. Influence of particle size and dissolution conditions on the degradation properties of polylactide-coglycolide particles. Biomaterials, 2001, 21,1659-1668.
10. Fattal.,E, Vauthier., C, Aynie., I, Nakada., Y, Lambert., G, Malvy., C. and Couvreur., P Biodegradable polyalkylcyanoacrylate nanoparticles for the delivery of oligonucleotides, J. Control. Release, 1998, 53, 137-143.
11. Ezpeleta., I, Irache., J.M, Stainmesse.,S, Chabenat.,C, Popineau.,Y.and Orecchionic., A.M.Preparation of Ulex europaeus lectin-gliadin nanoparticles conjugates and their interaction with gastrointestinal mucus. Int. J. Pharm,1999, 191, 25-32.
12. Gelderblom.,H, Verweij.,J, Nooter., K, Sparreboom.,A and Cremophor.,E.L. The drawbacks and advantages of vehicle selection for drug formulation, Eur. J. Cancer,2001, 37, 1590â€“1598.
13 Gradishar., W.J, Tjulandin.,S, Davidson.,N, H. Shaw., H, Desai.,N, Bhar.,P, Hawkins.,M. and Shaughnessy.,J. Phase III trial of nanoparticle albumin-bound paclitaxel compared with polyethylated castor oil-based paclitaxel in women with breast cancer, J. Clin. Oncol,2005, 23,7794â€“7803.
14.Guan, F.,.Feng, Q.L., Li, Z.,Jiang, Z.,Shen, S.,Yu, J.,Feng, J.,Huang, Z.,Yao, M.J and Hawkins, Randomized study comparing nab-paclitaxel with solvent-based paclitaxel in Chinese patients (pts) with metastatic breast cancer (MBC), J. Clin. Oncol.2007, 25, 1038.
15.Rubino, O P., Kowalsky.,R and Swarbrick, J.Albumin Microspheres as a Drug Delivery System: Relation Among Turbidity Ratio, Degree of Cross-linking, and Drug Release Pharm. Res, 1993,10, 1059-1075
16. Lin, W.,Garnett.,M C, Davies., M C, Bignotti., F, Ferruti., P, Davis, S.S. and Illum., L Preparation of surface-modified albumin nanospheres, Biomaterials, 1997,18,559-565.
17.Takahashi., K, Kato., H, Saito.,T,Matsuyama.,S.and Kinugasa.,S.Precise Measurement of the Size of Nanoparticles by Dynamic Light Scattering with Uncertainty Analysis Part. Part. Syst. Charact,2008,.25, 31-38.
18. Breitenbach.,M.A., Kamm.,W, Hungere., K.D., Hund., H and Kissel, T.Oral and nasal administration of tetanus toxoid loaded nanoparticles consisting of novel charged biodegradable polyesters for mucosal vaccination. Proc. Intern. Symp. Control. Release. Bioact. Mater,1999, 26,348-349.
19. Jahanshahi.,M,Sanati.,M.H, Hajizadeh.,S.and Babaei, Z. Gelatin nanoparticles fabrication and optimization of the particle size. Physica status solidi (a),2008a, 10,1002-1010.
20.John,T.A,Vogel,S.M, Tiruppathi.,C, Malik,A.B and Minshall,R.D. Quantitative analysis of albumin uptake and transport in the rat microvessel endothelial monolayer, Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell Mol. Physiol,2003,284, 187â€“196.
21. Kreuter., J, Ramge., P, Petrov.,V, Hamm., S, Gelperina., S.E, Engelhardt., B, Alyautdin., R,von Briesen.,H, Begley., D.J. Direct evidence that polysorbate-80-coated poly(butylcyanoacrylate) nanoparticles deliver drugs to the CNS via specific mechanisms requiring prior binding of drug to the nanoparticles. Pharm. Res,2000. 20: 409-416.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.