ON THE ISSUE OF THE STUDY OF AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL MEMORY
Â Objective: The article focuses on the topical problem of the functioning of autobiographical memory, which is considered as a higher mental function. The aim of the research is to study autobiographical memory of people of different age groups using the method of free recall of events.
Methods: The main parameters of the analysis are as follows: Memories peak,â€ subjective importance of the events and dynamics of autobiographical memory.
Results: The research results suggest that positive experiences dominate in the structure of autobiographical memory. This may indicate psychological protective mechanisms of a person. The dynamics of autobiographical memory is observed in all age groups. This results in changing the evaluation of events. This can be explained by a change in personality, the transformation of values, interests and moral principles of a person.
Conclusion: The study revealed that subjects of all age groups primarily remember old events and, last of all, the events of the recent past.
2. Nurkova VV. Svershennoe Prodolzhaetsya: Psikhologiya Avtobiograficheskoi Pamyati Lichnosti [Accomplishment Continues: Psychology of Autobiographical Memory Card of a Person]. Moscow: Publishing house URAO; 2000.
3. Neisser U, Hyman A. Kognitivnaya Psikhologiya Pamyati [Cognitive Psychology of Memory]. Moscow: Olma-Press; 2005.
4. Nurkova VV. Kul Turno-Istoricheskii Podkhodk Avtobiograficheskoi Pamyati [The Cultural-Historical Approach to Autobiographical Memory]. Abstract of the PhD Thesis. Moscow: Moscow State University Named after M. V. Lomonosov; 2009.
5. Conway MA. Commentary: Cognitive-affective mechanisms and processes in autobiographical memory. Memory 2003;11(2):217-24.
6. Robinson JA. Sampling autobiographical memory. Cogn Psychol 1976;8(4):578-95.
7. Tulving E. Origin of autonoesis in episodic memory. The Nature of Remembering: Essays in Honor of Robert G. Crowder. Vol. 3. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 2001. p. 172-81.
8. Nikishov SN, Osipova IS. K voprosu o funktsionirovanii avtobiograficheskoi pamyati lyudei pozhilogo vozrasta [On the issue of the functioning of autobiographical memory in the elderly]. Russian Sci J 2014;3(41):119-24.
9. Shelat DY, Acharya SR. Neuroprotective Activity of novel cur-ca-thione and its oxidative stress study. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8(12):167-73.
10. Krishnan VG, Murugan K. Solanum protease inhibitors and their therapeutic potentialities. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8(12):14-21.
11. Freud S. Psikhoanaliz Detskikh Nevrozov [Psychoanalysis of Childrens Neuroses]. Moscow: State Publishing; 1925.
12. Blonsky PP. Izbrannye Pedagogicheskiei Psikhologicheskie Sochineniya v Dvukh Tomakh [Selected Pedagogical and Psychological Essays in Two Volumes]. Moscow: Pedagogy; 1979.
13. Rubinstein SL. Osnovy obshchei Psikhologii [Fundamentals of General Psychology]. St. Petersburg: Piter; 2001.
14. Ross BM. Remembering the Personal Past: Descriptions of Autobiographical Memory. Oxford, New York: University Press; 1991.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.