PATH ANALYSIS ON THE EFFECT OF SOCIAL CAPITAL ON THE EMPOWERMENT OF PREGNANT WOMEN IN PREECLAMPSIA PREVENTION USING PRECEEDE-PROCEEDE IN KEDIRI EAST JAVA, INDONESIA
Â Objective: Preeclampsia is a common complication of morbidity and mortality in pregnant women, whose death is the leading cause in developing countries. AKI data according to Kediri Health Office 28,187 pregnant women in 2014, with high-risk pregnant women were 5,637, and maternal mothers were 26,906 people, and 13 maternal deaths were recorded as of October 2014. The purpose of this study was to analyze the empowerment of preventing preeclampsia with the increase of antenatal care in pregnant women.
Methods: Type of this study is an observational study with caseâ€“control approach. The subjects were chosen by fixed disease sampling, with a ratio of 1:3, a total of 160 subjects. Technique of taking data used a questioner. Data were analyzed by path analysis.
Results: The calculation results have a direct relationship between the use of ante natal care (ANC) (b=âˆ’0.88; 95% CI =âˆ’1.66 sd âˆ’0.11; p=0.025), maternal age (b=âˆ’0.93; 95% CI=âˆ’1.71 sd âˆ’0.14; p=0.020), and parity (b=âˆ’0.94; 95% CI=âˆ’1.75 sd âˆ’0.14; p=0.021) with preeclampsia. There is an indirect relationship between social support (b=0.75; 95% CI =0.10 to 1.40; p=0.023) with preeclampsia through the use of ANC. There is an indirect relationship between trust (b=0.82; 95% CI=0.04 to 1.61; p=0.039) and social networking (b=0.79; 95% CI =0.00 sd. 1.57; p=0.048); and reciprocal norms =1.53; 95% CI =0.75 to 2.32; p<0.001) with preeclampsia through social support.
Conclusion: There is a direct and indirect relationship regarding the empowerment of preeclampsia prevention in pregnant women through the theory of social capital and precede proceed.
2. Dinas Kesehatan Kabupaten Kediri; 2015. Available from: http://www.dinkes.kedirikab.go.id.
3. Budiantoro S. Angka Kematian Ibu (AKI) Melonjak, Indonesia Mundur 15 Tahun, Prakarsa, 2013. p. 2. Available from: http://www.theprakarsa.org/new/ck_uploads/files/Prakarsa Policy_Oktober_Rev3-1.pdf;
Available from: http://www.theprakarsa.org/new/ck_uploads/files/Prakarsa Policy_Oktober_Rev3-1.pdf.
4. Rooney C. Antenatal Care and Maternal Health: How Effective is it? A Review of the Evidence. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992.
5. WHO. Recommendation on Antenatal Care for Positive Pregnancy Experience. Geneva: WHO; 2016.
6. Phillimore J. Migrant maternity in an era of superdiversity: New migrantâ€™s access to and experience of, antenatal care in the West Midlands, UK. J Soc Sci Med 2016;148:152-9.
7. Manithip C. Quality and Utilisation of Antenatal Care Services in Rural Lao PDR. Stockholm: Chanthanom Manithip; 2012.
8. Bricker L. Optimal antenatal care for twin and triplet pregnancy: The evidence base. J. Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2014;1:305-17.
9. Bele SC, Rrugia A, Doko A, Cafka M, Abazaj A, Petrela E. The cardiac adaptations in acute pressure overload during pregnancy hypertension. Eur J Prev Cardiolvol 2014;2:11-2.
10. Bele S, Rrugia A, Petrela E, Bare T. Pregnancy hypertension and the risk of cardiovascular disease. J Perinat Med 2015;1:1-10.
11. Chou FH, Avant KC, Kuo SH, Fetzer SJ. Relationships between nausea and vomiting, perceived stress, social support, pregnancy planning, and psychosocial adaptation in a sample of mothers: A questionnaire survey. Int J Nurs Stud 2008;45:1185-91.
12. SCL. Social Support, Care Coordination and Pregnancy Outcomes. Social Support, Care Coordination and Pregnancy Outcomes; 1995. Available from: http://www.search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=cin20&AN=109873156&site=ehost-live.
13. Pauli JM, Repke JT. Short-Them and Long-Term Implications; 2015. Available from: http://www.Obsgyn.theclinics.com.
14. Bele S, Rrugia A, Doko A, Cafka M, Abazaj A, Petrela E. Does pregnancy hypertension affect the healthy heart of women. Eur J Prev Cardiol 2013;1:1-5.
15. Damayanti VS. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan Bahasa. Bandung: PT Remaja Rosdakaya; 2009.
16. Kail and Cavanaugh. Human Development: A Life Span View. USA: Wadswoth; 2000.
17. Katapodi MC. Perceived breast cancer risk: Heuristic reasoning and search for a dominance structure. Soc Sci Med 2005;60:421-32.
18. Baron RA. Psiokologi sosial. In: Psiokologi Sosial. Jakarta: Erlangga; 2003.
19. Sulistiyowatiningsih E, Herawati M. A multicenter study treatment adherence of hypertension focused on primary health care in Indonesia. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;2017:24-7.
20. Titaley RC, Rahayu E, Damayanti R, Dachlia D, Sartika DA, Ismail A, et al. Assosiation between knowledge and complication of taking iron/folid acid supplement during pregnancy. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10:181.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.