IN VITRO-IN VIVO CORRELATIONSHIP APPROACH OF THE PREPARED MAGNETIC MICROSPHERES OF CYTARABINE
Objective: The objective of this study was to study the in vitro-in vivo correlationship between the magnetic microspheres prepared by continuous solvent evaporation (CSE) method by 32 factorial designs.
Methods: CSE technique was used in the preparation of magnetic microspheres. Drug used was cytarabine and mice were the animal model used to check the correlationship.
Results: The profiles are nearly identical and reveal that drug absorption is rapid. The in vivo drug absorbed was found to be in concordance with the in vitro release as seen in the superimposable curves.
Conclusion: Cytarabine effectively reduces the amount of drug released and consequently absorbed in vivo in the initial phase.
2. Hasan EI, Amro BI, Arafat T, Badwan AA. Assessment of a controlled release hydrophilic matrix formulation for metoclopramide HCl. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2003;55:339-44.
3. Vidal H, Chang A, Ganz P, Hayes D, Kinsella T, Pass H, et al. Development and validation of a rapid and simple reversed-phase HPLC method for the determination of gemcitabine in human plasma. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:59-65.
4. Modi NB, Lam A, Lindemulder E, Wang B, Gupta SK. Application of in vitro-in vivo correlations (IVIVC) in setting formulation release specifications. Biopharm Drug Dispos 2000;21:321-6.
5. Venkatesh S, Lipper RA. Role of the development scientist in compound lead selection and optimization. J Pharm Sci 2000;89:145-54.
6. Hwang SS, Gorsline J, Louie J, Dye D, Guinta D, Hamel L, et al. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of a once-daily controlled-release pseudoephedrine product. J Clin Pharmacol 1995;35:259-67.
7. Sonia D, Surender V. Optimization of melt-in mouth tablets of levocetirizine dihydrochloride using response surface methodology. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:176-84.
8. Masih A, Tiwari AK. Formulation and evaluation of fast dissolving tablets of amoxycillin trihydrate and potassium clavulanate. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2017;9:48-58.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.