FACTORS AFFECTING QUALITY IMPROVEMENT OF LIFE IN PATIENTS WITH POST-TRANSFEMORAL AMPUTATION
Objective: The study aims to investigate the contributions of self-efficacy, motivation, religiosity, social support, optimism, and subjective well-being as factors affecting quality of life on individuals with transfermoral amputation. Through empowerment, it is expected that there will be an increase in independence and socioeconomy. The ultimate goal of the empowerment process is for independence.
Methods: This study used observational analytic with cross-sectional approach. The sample in this study was 110 post-transfemoral amputation patients. Data taken from questionnaires of self-efficacy, motivation, religiosity, social support, optimism, subjective well-being and quality of life were analyzed using structural equation modeling.
Results: There was no influence of motivation on quality of life (critical ratio [CR]=0.535 <1.96; p=0.592 <0.05). There was a statistically significant positive effect of self-efficacy on quality of life (CR=3.082> 1.96; p=0.002 <0.05). There was a statistically significant positive effect of religiosity on quality of life (CR=2.919> 1.96; p=0.004 <0.05). There was no influence from social support for quality of life (CR=0.082 <1.96; p=0.935 <0.05). There was a statistically significant positive effect of optimism on quality of life (CR=2.307> 1.96; p=0.021 <0.05). There was a statistically significant positive effect of subjective well-being on quality of life (CR=2.089> 1.96; p=0.037 <0.05).
Conclusion: The quality of life of patients with post-transfemoral amputation is positively and significantly influenced by optimism, religiosity, self-efficacy, and subjective well-being.
2. Deans SA, McFadyen AK, Rowe PJ. Physical activity and quality of life: A study of a lower-limb amputee population. Prosthet Orthot Int 2008;32:186-200.
3. Jacobsen JM. Nursing’s role with amputee support groups. J Vasc Nurs 1998;16:31-4.
4. Wald J. Psychological factors in work-related amputation: Consideration for rehabilitation counsellors. J Rehabil 2004;70:6-15.
5. Sinha R, Van Den Heuvel WJ. A systematic literature review of quality of life in lower limb amputees. Disabil Rehabil 2011;33:883-99.
6. Williams RM, Ehde DM, Smith DG, Czerniecki JM, Hoffman AJ, Robinson LR, et al. A two-year longitudinal study of social support following amputation. Disabil Rehabil 2004;26:862-74.
7. Act of the Republic of Indonesia Number 4, of 1997, Concerning Disabled People; 1997.
8. Rachmat N. Pengaruh penggunaan kaki palsuterhadap kepercayaan diri pasien post amputasi kaki. J Kesehatan 2016;7:102-7.
9. Zeinali K, Masoudi R. Motivational interviews to improve nurses’ motivation and self-efficacy for the use of closed suctioning system in the ICU. Int J Med Res Health Sci 2016;5:100-7.
10. Warsyah A, Wahyuni I, Widjasena B. Analisis manfaat kaki palsu (prothesa) terhadap aktivitas fisik pada kaum difabel (tuna daksa) di paguyuban penyandang cacat jasmani dan wirausaha raden. J Kesehatan Masyarakat 2014;2:170-5.
11. Ustün TB, Chatterji S, Bickenbach J, Kostanjsek N, Schneider M. The international classification of functioning, disability and health: A new tool for understanding disability and health. Disabil Rehabil 2003;25:565-71.
12. Moo LY, Gun LY, Gil SB, Suk PH. How participation motivation affects the psychological and subjective well-being of Korean golfers. Indian J Public Health Res Develop 2018;9:1362-7.
13. Faltas SF, Ameen DA. Self-Eficacy of Patients with Lower Limb Amputation: Nursing Guidelines. 12th International Congress Integration of Scientific Research, Education Evidence Based Practice in Nursing; 2015.
14. Adeyemo DA, Adeleye AT. Emotional intelligence, religiosity and self-efficacy as predictors of psychological well-being among secondary school adolescents in Ogbomoso, Nigeria. Eur J Psychol 2015;4:949 65.
15. Katmini K, Murti B, Oepomo TD, Anantanyu S. Path analysis on the effect of social capital on the empowerment of pregnant women in preeclampsia prevention using preceede-proceede in Kediri East Java, Indonesia. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;11:271-3.
16. Rukminingsih F, Andayani TM, Rahmawati F, Widayati K. Health-related quality of life in early breast cancer patiens with hormone responsive. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2018;10:47-9.
17. Xi X, Wang Y, Jia B. The Effect of Social Support on Subjective Well-being: Mediator Roles of Self-esteem and Self-efficacy. Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research; 121. 3rd International Conference on Humanities and Social Science Research. 2017.
18. Kreis S, Molto A, Bailly F, Dadoun S, Fabre S, Rein C, et al. Relationship between optimism and quality of life in patients with two chronic rheumatic diseases: Axial spondyloarthritis and chronic low back pain: A cross sectional study of 288 patients. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2015;13:78.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.