SYNTHESIS AND CHARACTERIZATION OF NOVEL ORGANOBISMUTH FOR ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTITUMOR STUDIES
Objectives: The major objective of this manuscript is to present synthesis and biomedical screening of some organic derivatives of bismuth having general formula (R3BiL2) by the method reported and characterized with the help of M.P., elemental, I.R., and NMR spectral analysis along with their antimicrobial and in vitro antitumor activity against human breast (MCF-7) and mammary cancer (EVSA-7) cell line.
Methods: All the newly organobismuth having general formula [R3BiL2] were synthesised by the method reported especially using oxidative addition and complexation reactions.
Results: It was found that organobismuth compounds have trigonal bipyramidal structure as per their elemental and spectral analysis and show potentiality as antimicrobial and antitumor agents.
Conclusion: The newly synthesized organobismuth(V)substituted carboxylates were fully characterized chemically to ascertain their structure by sophisticated instrumental and spectral analysis resulted as trigonal bipyramidal structure. The compounds were also screened 1st time for antitumor and antimicrobial studies. The observations clearly indicated that organobismuth carboxylates show potent antimicrobial and antitumor activity.
2. Rani P, Gupta P, Kant R. Synthesis and characterization of some novel complexes of fluorobenzoic acid with group-15 elements (As, Sb, Bi) for antimicrobial and antitumor studies. Int J Drug Discov 2017;8:250- 3.
3. Gupta P, Rani P, Kant R. Antimicrobial studies of some novel organobismuth compounds. Int J Microbiol Res 2018;10:773-5.
4. Gupta P, Rani P, Kant R. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial studies of novel organobismuth (III) complexes. Int J Microbiol Res 2018;10:1086-9.
5. Soni KK, Kant R, Kumar A, Synthesis and characterization of novel organobismuth compounds: Antimicrobial and antitumor studies. Int J Chem Res 2015;7:159-63.
6. Soni KK, Kant R, Kumar A. Biomedicinal and gastroprotective studies of some fluorine based diorganobismuth (III) compounds. Int J Chem Res 2016;8:168-72.
7. Tripathi DM, Amresh G, Kant R. Bio-medicinal studies of some new triorganobismuth (V) compounds. Int J Chem Res 2012;4:110-3.
8. Tripathi DM, Amresh G, Kant R. Antimicrobial and antitumor studies of some organic derivatives of bismuth. J Med Chem Lett 2011;1:1- 6.
9. Tiwari VK, Shukla SK, Chauhan VS, Kant R, Rani S, Tewari IC. Antimicrobial, antitumor and gastro protective studies of some new water soluble organic derivatives of bismuth. Int J Pharma Anal 2010;2:9-14.
10. Chauhan VS, Tiwari VK, Shukla SK, Rani S, Mishra SN, Kant R, et al. Biological activity of some organic derivatives of bismuth. Int J Biotechnol Res 2009;2:67-71.
11. Singh S, Hasan SM, Kant R. An overview of chemical properties and pharmacological importance of organobismuth compounds. Chron Pharm Sci 2018;2:35-45.
12. Singh S, Hasan SM, Kant R. Biomedicinal and gastroprotective aspects of organobismuth compounds: Recent approaches and future perspectives. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019;12:172-81.
13. Chandrasekhar K, Behl HM, Sidhu OP, Ch VR, Pushpangadan P, Kant R, et al. A Novel Compound as Insecticidal and its Processing. United States: PCT (Global) Patent; 2006.
14. Kant R, Srivastava K, Singh S, Hasan SM, Srivastava J. Organobismuth Compounds for Medical Applications and Preparation Methods Thereof. New Delhi: Indian Patent; 2018.
15. Srivastava K, Kant R. Novel Antitumor Organobismuth Compound and Method of Preparation Therof. New Delhi: Indian Patent; 2019.
16. Singhal K, Kant R, Goswami AK, Raj P. Synthesis and characterization of bis (pentafluorophenyl) antimony (V) cations [(C6F5)2SbL3]3+. J Flourine Chem 2003;122:229-32.
17. Kant R, Amresh G, Chandrashekar K, Anil KK. Synthesis and biological activity on some organoantimony (III) compounds. Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Relat Elem 2008;183:1410-9.
18. Kant R, Amresh G, Chandrashekar K, Shukla SK. Biological studies of some perfluorophenyl antimony compounds. Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Relat Elem 2009;184:2453-64.
19. Amresh G, Husain Z, Gupta RJ, Kant R, Rao CV, Singh PN. Gastro-protective effects of ethanolic extract from Cissampelos pareira in experimental animals. J Nat Med 2007;61:323-8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.