AN EFFICIENT THREE COMPONENT ONE-POT SYNTHESIS OF -1,2,3,4-TETRAHYDRO-4-OXO- 6-(5-SUBSTITUTED 2-PHENYL-1H-INDOL-3-YL)-2-THIOXOPYRIMIDINE-5-CARBONITRILE AS ANTIMICROBIAL AND ANTITUBERCULAR AGENTS
Objective: The objective of the study was to synthesis of 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-4-oxo-6-(5-substituted 2-phenyl-1H-indol-3-yl)-2-thioxopyrimidine-5- carbonitrile derivatives (4a-c).
Methods: The structures of all these unknown compounds have been confirmed with the help of physical and spectral techniques such as IR, 1H, and 13C NMR and mass spectral data and these newly synthesized compounds were evaluated for in-vitro antimicrobial and antitubercular activities.
Results: Screening studies have demonstrated that the newly synthesized compound 4a exhibited promising antimicrobial and antitubercular properties.
Conclusion: The final results revealed that compound 4a exhibited promising antimicrobial and antitubercular properties when compared to the standard drugs.
2. Antus S, Gulácsi K, Juhász L, Kiss L, Kurtán T. Synthesis of naturally occurring o-heterocyclic compounds of biological activity. Pure Appl Chem 2004;76:1025-32.
3. Mostafa TB. Synthesis and modification of some heterocyclic compounds with potential biological activity coupled on poly (maleic anhydride–methyl methacrylate). J Am Sci 2010;6:512-24.
4. Singh AK, Mishra G, Jyoti K. Review on biological activities of 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives. J Appl Pharm Sci 2011;1:44-9.
5. Salimon J, Salih N, Hussien H, Yousif E. Synthesis and characterization of new heterocyclic compounds derived from 2-aminopyridine. Eur J Sci Res 2009;31:256-64.
6. Xu PF, Zhang ZH, Hui XP, Zhang ZY, Zheng RL. Synthesis of triazoles, oxadiazoles and condensed heterocyclic compounds containing cinchopheny and studies on biological activity of representative compounds. J Chin Chem Soc 2004;51:315-9.
7. Bagley MC, Lubinu MC. Microwave-assisted multicomponent reactions for the synthesis of heterocycles. J Heterocycl Chem 2006;1:31-58.
8. Biswa MS, Ravi Kumar BV, Jnyanaranjan P, Dinda SC. Ecofriendly and facile one-pot multicomponent synthesis of thiopyrimidines under microwave irradiation. J Nanopart 2013;2013:780786.
9. Misra U, Hitkari A, Saxena AK, Gurtu S, Shanker K. Biologically active indolylmethyl-1,3,4-oxadiazoles, 1,3,4-thiadiazoles, 4H--1,3,4- triazoles and 1,2,4-triazines. Eur J Med Chem 1996;31:629-35.
10. Preeti R, Srivastava VK, Ashok KV. Synthesis and antiinflammatory activity of heterocyclic indole derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2004;39:449-52.
11. El-Gendy Adel A, Abdou Naida A, Sarhan El-Taher Z, El-Banna Hosney AY. Synthesis and biological activity of functionalized indole- 2-carboxylates, triazino- and pyridazino-indoles. Alex J Pharm Sci 1993;7:99-5.
12. Kumar A, Saxena KK, Gurtu S, Sinha JN, Shanker K. Indole alkaloids have been proved to be medicinally important natural durg. Indian Drugs 1986;24:1-6.
13. Yamamoto Y, Kurazono M. A new class of anti-MRSA and anti-VRE agents: Preparation and antibacterial activities of indole-containing compounds. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2007;17:1626-8.
14. Süreyya O, Do?u N. Synthesis and biological evaluation of N-substituted indole esters as inhibitors of cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2). Farmaco 2002;57:677-83.
15. Chen JJ, Wei Y, Williums JD, Drach JC, Townsend LB. Design, synthesis, and antiviral evaluation of some polyhalogenated indole C-nucleosides. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids 2005;24:1417-37.
16. Baba M, Pauwels R, Herdewijin P, Clerq DE, Desmyter J, Vandeputte M. Both 2’,3’-dideoxythymidine and its 2’,3’-unsaturated derivative (2’,3’-dideoxythymidinene) are potent and selective inhibitors of human immunodeficiency virus replication in vitro. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1987;142:128-34.
17. Sharma P, Rane N, Gurram VK. Synthesis and QSAR studies of pyrimido[4,5-d]pyrimidine-2,5-dione derivatives as potential antimicrobial agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2004;14:4185-90.
18. Ito S, Masuda K, Kusano S. Pyrimidine derivative, process for preparing same and agricultural or horticultural fungicidal composition containing same. U S Patent 4 1991;988:704.
19. Ram VJ, Haque N, Guru PY. Chemotherapeutic agents XXV: Synthesis and leishmanicidal activity of carbazolylpyrimidines. Eur J Med Chem 1992;27:851-5.
20. Amir M, Javed SA, Kumar H. Pyrimidine as antiinflammatory agent: A review. Indian J Pharm Sci 2007;68:337-41.
21. Vega S, Alonso J, Diaz JA, Junquera F. Synthesis of 3-substituted-4- phenyl-2-thioxo-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8-octahydrobenzo[4,5]thieno[2,3-á] pyrimidines. J Heterocycl Chem 1990;27:269-73.
22. El-Kerdawy MM, Yousif Y, El-Emam AA, Moustafa MA, El- Sherbeny MA. Synthesis and antiinflammatory activity of certain thienopyrimidine derivatives. Boll Chim Farm 1996;4:301-5.
23. Modica M, Santagati M, Santagati A, Cutuli V, Mangano N, Caruso A. Synthesis of new [1,3,4]thiadiazolo[3,2-a]thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidinone derivatives with antiinflammatory activity. Pharmazie 2000;55:500-2.
24. Chambhare RV, Khadse BG, Bobde AS, Bahekar RH. Synthesis and preliminary evaluation of some N-[5-(2-furanyl)-2-methyl-4-oxo-4H-thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-3-yl]-carboxamide and 3-substituted-5-(2- furanyl)-2-methyl-3H-thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-4-ones as antimicrobial agents. Eur J Med Chem 2003;38:89-100.
25. Santagati NA, Caruso A, Cutuli VM, Caccamo F. Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of thieno[2,3-d]pyrimidin-2,4-dione and 5H-pyrimido [5,4-b]indol-2,4-dione derivatives. Farmaco 1995;50:689-95.
26. Prabhaker W, Basavaraj SN, Swathi B, Somashekhar G. Design, synthesis of biologically active heterocycles containing indol- thiazolyl-thiazolidinone derivatives. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2018;6:113-7.
27. Prabhaker W, Saundane AR. Synthesis of novel indolyl-thiazolidinone derivatives as antioxidant, antimicrobial and atitubercular agents. Der Pharm Chem 2015;7:131-40.
28. Prabhaker W, Saundane AR. Synthesis of novel indolyl-azetidinone and thiazolidinone derivatives as a potent antioxidant, antimicrobial and antitubercular agents. Der Pharm Chem 2014;6:70-9.
29. Saundane AR, Yarlakatti M, Prabhaker W, Katkar V. Synthesis, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antimycobacterial, and cytotoxic activities of azetidinone and thiazolidinone moieties linked to indole nucleus. J Chem Sci 2012;124:469-81.
30. Saundane AR, Prabhaker W, Yarlakatti M, Katkar V, Vaijeenath AV. Synthesis and biological activities of some new annulated Pyrazolopyranopyrimidines and their derivatives containing indole nucleus. J Heterocycl Chem 2014;51:303-14.
31. Saundane AR, Prabhaker W, Kirankumar N M, Annapurna H. Synthesis of novel N-(aryl) diazenyl thiazol-2-amines and bezylidenethiazolidin- 4-ones linked to indole nucleus as antioxidant, antimicrobial, antimycobacterial and cytotoxic agents. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:141-7.
32. Saundane AR, Prabhaker W. Synthesis, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antimycobacterial, and cytotoxic activities of azetidinone and thiazolidinone moieties linked to indole nucleus. J Chem 2013;2013:543815.
33. Saundane AR, Prabhaker W. Synthesis, antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of some indole analogues containing naphthyridine and pyrimidonaphthyridine systems. Indian J Chem 2012;51B:1593-6.
34. Hiremath SP, Biradar JS, Purohit MG. A new route to indolo [3,2-b] isoquinolines. Indian J Chem 1982;21B:249-53.
35. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. M100 Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: Twelfth Informational Supplement. Wayne, Pennsylvania: National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards; 2002.
36. Maria CS, De Souza MV, Alessandra CP, Marcelle LF, Raoni SB, Thais CM, et al. Evaluation of anti-tubercular activity of nicotinic and isoniazid analogues. ARKIVOC 2007;15:181-91.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.