DO INDONESIAN GOVERNMENT DEPLOY RELIABLE AMMUNITION FOR COVID-19 MASS TEST? A COMPARISON OF REAL-TIME PCR KITS
Objective: This study aimed to compare the level of reliability of three commercial real-time PCR kits in determining clinical samples.
Methods: A total of 40 swabs samples which were previously tested positive, were re-test using the BioCov-19 RT-PCR kit, Sansure coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) nucleic acid diagnostic kit, and Kogen PowerCheck with Thermocycler (Roche). The amplification procedure is carried out based on the manual for each kit.
Results: Sansure COVID-19 nucleic acid diagnostic was able to detect 40 samples with positive severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-COV-2) results detected in both genes, while the PowerChek™ 2019-nCoV real-time PCR kit able to detect 35 samples showed that SARS-COV-II was detected in both genes, and the BioCoV-19 RT-PCR Kit brand kit able to detect 34 samples showed positive SARS-COV-2 results in both genes.
Conclusion: The three commercial kits show great ability detection, so that they can be used to detect the presence of SARS-COV-II in clinical samples, and also in mass screening.
2. Lu R, Zhao X, Li J, Niu P, Yang B, Wu H, et al. Genomic characterisation and epidemiology of 2019 novel coronavirus: Implications for virus origins and receptor binding. Lancet 2020;395:565-74.
3. Khailany RA, Safdar M, Ozaslan M. Genomic characterization of a novel SARS-CoV-2. Gene Rep 2020;19:100682.
4. Mollaei HR, Afshar AA, Kalantar-Neyestanaki D, Fazlalipour M, Aflatoonian B. Comparison five primer sets from different genome region of covid-1for detection of virus infection by conventional rt-pcr. Iran J Microbiol 2020;12:185-93.
5. Corman VM, Landt O, Kaiser M, Molenkamp R, Meijer A, Chu DK, et al. Detection of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) by real-time RT-PCR. Euro Surveill 2020;25:2000045.
6. Iglói Z, leven M, Abou-Nouar ZA, Weller B, Matheeussen V, Coppens J, et al. Comparison of commercial realtime reverse transcription PCR assays for the detection of SARS-CoV-2. J Clin Virol 2020;129:104510.
7. van Kasteren PB, van der Veer B, van den Brink S, Wijsman L, De Jonge J, van den Brandt A, et al. Comparison of seven commercial RT-PCR diagnostic kits for COVID-19. J Clin Virol 2020;128:104412.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.