FURCATION FROM CLINICAL AND PERIODONTAL PERSPECTIVES
The article gives a recent update of change in clinical and periodontal perspectives in furcation in recent times.
2. Waerhaug J. The furcation problem. Etiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis, therapy and prognosis. J Clin Periodontol 1980;7:73-95.
3. Glickman I. Bifurcation involvement in periodontal disease. J Am Dent Assoc 1950;40:528-38.
4. Goldman HM, Cohen DW. Periodontal Therapy. 6th ed. St. Louis, IL: C.V. Mosby; 1988. p. 921.
5. Tarnow D, Fletcher P. Classification of the vertical component of furcation involvement. J Periodontol 1984;55:283-4.
6. Eskow RN, Kapin SH. Furcation invasions: Correlating a classification system with therapeutic considerations. Part I. Examination, diagnosis, and classification. Compend Contin Educ Dent 1984;5:477-87.
7. Pilloni A, Rojas MA. Furcation involvement classification: A comprehensive review and a new system proposal. Dent J (Basel) 2018;6:34.
8. Eickholz P. Reproducibility and validity of furcation measurements as related to class of furcation invasion. J Periodontol 1995;66:984-9.
9. Eickholz P, Staehle HJ. The reliability of furcation measurements. J Clin Periodontol 1994;21:611-4.
10. Eickholz P, Kim TS. Reproducibility and validity of the assessment of clinical furcation parameters as related to different probes. J Periodontol 1998;69:328-36.
11. Zhang W, Foss K, Wang BY. A retrospective study on molar furcation assessment via clinical detection, intraoral radiography and cone beam computed tomography. BMC Oral Health 2018;18:75.
12. Padmanabhan S, Dommy A, Guru SR, Joseph A. Comparative evaluation of cone-beam computed tomography versus direct surgical measurements in the diagnosis of mandibular molar furcation involvement. Contemp Clin Dent 2017;8:439-45.
13. Komši? S, Plan?ak D, Kašaj A, Puhar I. A comparison of clinical and radiological parameters in the evaluation of molar furcation involvement in periodontitis. Acta Stomatol Croat 2019;53:326-36.
14. Aghanashini S, Jayachandran C, Mundinamane DB, Nadiger S, Bhat D, Andavarapu S, et al. Comparison of the furcation involvement by clinical probing and cone beam computed tomography with true level of involvement during flap surgery. World J Dent 2017;8:267-72.
15. Parvez MF, Manjunath N, Kini R. Comparative assesment of accuracy of IOPA and CBCT for maxillary molar furcation involvement: A clinical and radiological study. Int J Res Med Sci 2018;6:1765-9.
16. Ashwinirani SR, Suragimath G, Jaishankar HP, Kulkarni P, Bijjaragi SC, Sangle VA. Comparison of diagnostic accuracy of conventional intraoral periapical and direct digital radiographs in detecting interdental bone loss. J Clin Diagn Res 2015;9:ZC35-8.
17. Chandrashekhar KT, Vandana KL, Mehta DS. Comparative Evaluation of Ultrasonography, Clinical and Surgical Measurements of Furcation Involvement: A Clinical Study. Available from: http://www. ypographicsplus.com/journals/index.php/JIDA/article/view/269. [Last accessed on 2014 Sep 11].
18. Wang CH, Ou KL, Chang WJ, Teng NC, Yu JJ, Huang HM. Detection of the furcation involvement of a multi-rooted molar using natural frequency analysis: A numerical approach. Proc Inst Mech Eng H 2009;223:375-82.
19. Colston BW, Everett MJ, Sathyam US, DaSilva LB, Otis LL. Imaging of the oral cavity using optical coherence tomography. Monogr Oral Sci 2000;17:32-55.
20. Otis LL, Everett MJ, Sathyam US, and Colston BW. Optical coherence tomography: A new imaging technology for dentistry. J Am Dent Assoc 2000;131:511-4.
21. Kim HB, Baik KY, Seonwoo H, Jang KJ, Lee MC, Choung PH, et al. Effects of pulsing of light on the dentinogenesis of dental pulp stem cells in vitro. Sci Rep 2018;8:2057.
22. Bakhtiar H, Mazidi SA, Mohammadi Asl S, Ellini MR, Moshiri A, Nekoofar MH, et al. The role of stem cell therapy in regeneration of dentine-pulp complex: A systematic review. Prog Biomater 2018;7:249-68.
23. De Freitas LF, Hamblin MR. Proposed mechanisms of photobiomodulation or low-level light therapy. IEEE J Sel Top Quantum Electron 2016;22:348-64.
24. Xuan K, Li B, Guo H, Sun W, Kou X, He X, et al. Deciduous autologous tooth stem cells regenerate dental pulp after implantation into injured teeth. Sci Transl Med 2018;10:eaaf3227.
25. Arany PR, Cho A, Hunt TD, Sidhu G, Shin K, Hahm E, et al. Photoactivation of endogenous latent transforming growth factor-?1 directs dental stem cell differentiation for regeneration. Sci Transl Med 2014;6:238ra69.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.