A VALIDATED ANALYTICAL HPLC METHOD FOR THE QUANTIFICATION OF LINCOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE IN BULK AND SOLID DOSAGE FORM
Objective: Develop a simple isocratic reverse phase high performance liquid chromatographic method (RP-HPLC) and validate for the determination of lincomycin hydrochloride (LMH) in bulk and pharmaceutical preparations.
Methods: RP-HPLC quantification was carried out by using fine pack SIL RPC18 column. The mobile phase (methanol: water) was pumped at a flow rate of 1 ml/min in the ratio of 90:10 v/v and the eluents were monitored at 254 nm.
Results: The retention time of the drug was 3.73 min and produced at a linear response in the concentration range of 5-25Âµg/ml. The percentage RSD was found to be below 2%. The LOD and LOQ were found to be 0.854Âµg/ml and 0.258Âµg/ml respectively.
Conclusion: Validation of the method was performed for precision, accuracy, linearity, ruggedness, specificity and sensitivity to conform to ICH guidelines for valuation for analytical methods.
2. Budavari S. The Merck Index. 13th ed. Whitehouse Station. NJ Merck and Co. Press; 2001.
3. Sweetman SC. editor. The Complete Drug Reference. 33rd ed. London. Pharmaceutical Press; 2002.
4. Indian Pharmacopoeia. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Vol. 1. Delhi. Controller of Publication; 1996.
5. Indian Pharmacopoeia. The Indian Pharmacopoeia Commission. Vol. 2. Ghaziabad. Controller of Publication; 2008.
6. British Pharmacopoeia. The department of Health. Vol. 1. Londo. Stationary Office; 1988.
7. United States of Pharmacopoeia. The National Formulary. United States Pharmacopoeia Convention; 1990.
8. Jszunyog. Analysis of a formulation containing lincomycin and spectinomycin by liquid chromatography with pulsed electrochemical detection. J Pharm Biomed 2002;29:13-220.
9. Feng XG, WU GL, Fang BH, Li HP, Pan YL, Wen ZI. Determination of lincomycin hydrochloride injection by UV-spectrophotometry. Progress In Veterinary Medicine; 2009. p. 12.
10. Egutkin NL, Maidano VV, Nikitin Yu E. Colorimetric determination of lincomycin in the form of a Pd complex. Pharm Chem J 1984;18:128-30.
11. EL Ries MA. Spectrophotometric and indirect determination of lincomycin by atomic absorption spectroscopy. Anal Lett 1994;27:1517-31.
12. ICH guidelines for validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. Q2 (A). ICH, Geneva; 1994.
13. ICH guidelines for validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. Q2 (B): Geneva; 1996.
14. Ravichandran V, Shalini S, Sundram KM, Harish R. Validation of analytical methods strategied and importance. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2010;2:18-22.
15. Lavanya G, Sunil M, Eswarudu MM, Chinna Eswaraiah M, Harisudha K, Naga Spandana B. Analytical method validation. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013;4:1286-0.
16. Megha S, Neera M. Development and validation of stability indicating an RP-HPLC method for the determination of Î² acetyldigoxin. Int J Appl Pharm 2017;9:59-54.
17. ICH guidelines for validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology. Q2 (R1) ICH; 2005.
18. Chapter G. Validation of compendial methods, United States Pharmacopeia. The United States Pharmacopoeia Convention. Rockville, MD; 2003.
19. FDA, Guidance R. Validation of chromatographic methods. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), Food and Drug Administration; 1994.
20. Ahuja S, Dong M. editors. Handbook of Pharmaceutical Analysis by HPLC. 1st ed. USA: Elsevier-Academic Press; 2005.