ANALYSIS OF BONE IMPLANT TO CONTACT VALUE USING SCANNING ELECTRON MICROSCOPE IN POST IMMEDIATE IMPLANTS WITH ADDITION OF GEL-EXTRACTED ROSELLA FLOWER
Objective: The objective of the study was to analyze the difference of bone to implant contact (BIC) value post-immediate implants with or without
injecting rosella flower extracts gel in mongrel.
Methods: A total of 18 implants were inserted in 9 mongrel’s dog. The implant was divided into two groups. The first one (test implant) was implanted
immediately after injection of gel-extracted rosella flower 10%, while another group (control implant) was implanted immediately after the tooth
extraction. The histomorphometry analysis was done after 14, 28, and 56 days to find out the BIC value.
Result: The mean value of BIC rosella group was 63.44% and the mean value of the control group was 52.11%, with p=0.041.
Conclusion: Rosella flower extract is able to shorten the inflammatory phase after implantation, accelerate and expand bone growth by spurring
collagen deposition as well as inhibiting osteoclast activity.
2. Thevenot P, Hu W, Tang L. Surface chemistry influences implant
biocompatibility. Curr Top Med Chem 2008;8:270-80.
3. Richard T. Effect of addition of bioactive ingredients on dental implants
based on histological examination. Makassar Dent J 2015;4:135-42.
4. Oktora L, Sari RK. Utilization of traditional medicines with benefits
and safety considerations. Pharm Sci Mag 2006;3:1-7.
5. Mahadevan N. Hibiscus sabdariffa Linn an overview. Natl Prod Radian
6. Han J. Osseointegration capacity of two types of zirconia implant. Int J
7. Sari LN. Effectiveness of Stardardized Ethanol Extract of Rosella
Petals 7.5% and 15% Against Oral Mucous Ulcer Rats. Indnoesia:
Thesis Faculty of Dentistry, Universitas Indnoesia; 2012.
8. Lenni. The dynamics of MMP-8 and TIMP-1 mRNA after the
Application of Rosella Extract Gel (Hibiscus sabdariffa) on the Denture
Crown of Patients with Gingivitis Dissertation. Indonesia: University
of Gadjah Mada; 2016.
9. Kusumastuti E, Handajani J, Susilowati H. Cox-2 Expression and
Neutrophil Amount of Inflammatory Phase in the Wound Healing
Process after Systemic Giving Ethanolic Rosella Extract (Hibiscus
sabdariffa) Study in vivo on Wistar Rats. Indonesia: University of
Gadjah Mada; 2014.
10. Komang D.The Effect of Giving Rosella Petal Extract (Hibiscus
sabdariffa L.) on Osteoclast and Osteoblast Cells in Experimental
Periodontitis (Ligation Technique) Male Wistar Rat Thesis. Indonesia:
Universitas Jember; 2013.
11. Florencio-silvia R, Sasso GR, Sasso-Cerri E, Simoes MJ, Cerri PS.
Biology of bone tissue: Structure, function, and factors that influence
bone cells. Bio Med Res Int 2015;2015:1-17.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.