THE CONTENT OF COMPOUND AND BIOACTIVE SUBSTANCE OF THE ROSELLA PETALS EXTRACT GEL TO ACCELERATE THE REMODELING PROCESS OF THE ALVEOLAR BONE
Objective: One of the many natural plants that are used as a remedy for the body is the Rosella Flower (Hibiscus Sabdariffa). Rosella Flowers have been widely known to have many useful compounds such as calcium and other bioactive substances in which bone tissue.
Methods: The research using laboratory experimental method, with gel making of 10% Rosella Petals Extract which then destructed and decomposed in order to see the contents of compound and bioactive substances and its value contained in 10% Rosella Petals Extract Gel, Afterward, the gel was inserted into the socket at the time of dental implant insertion and subsequent bone remodeling process was observed within 14, 28 and 56 d intervals, then analyzed to see the levels of compound and bioactive substance.
Results: The extract content of Rosella Petals and 10% Rosella Petals Extract Gel had significant value of Protein, Vitamin C, Beta Carotene, and Calcium, as evidenced by the Rosella Petals Gel added at the time of dental implant insertion, the result obtained after examination of bone tissue formation at days 14, 28, and 56 levels of calcium increased compared with the control group that did not use addition of Rosella Petal Extract Gel.
Conclusion: 10% Rosella Petals Extract Gel contains a composition that can accelerate the remodeling process of the alveolar bone.
2. Builders. Wound healing potential of formulated extract from hibiscus sabdariffa calyx. Indian J Pharm Sci 2013;75:45-9.
3. I Da-Costa-Rocha. Hibiscus sabdariffa L, a phytochemical and pharmacological review. Food Chem J 2014;165:424-43.
4. Mahadevan N. Hibiscus sabdariffa linn-an oeriew. Indian J Nat Prod Resour 2009;8:77-83.
5. Syamsuhidayat Sri S, Johny RH. Inventory of Indonesian medicinal plants (I), Jakarta: Ministry of Health Republic of Indonesia, Agency for Health Research and Development; 1991.
6. Nurkhasanah, Yuwono T. The development of chitosan nanoparticles from Hibiscus Sabdariffa L Calyx extract from Indonesia and Thailand. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2015;6:1855-60.
7. Dharmautama, Machmud E, Maruapey AM. Denture cleanser paste of roselle flower (Hibiscus sabdariffa L.) inhibits plak formation on acrylic denture base. J Dentmaxillofac Sci 2013;12:5-10.
8. Usha K, Nandeesh BN. Physiologi of bone formation, remodeling, and metabolism. Berlin Heidelberg 2012. p. 29-57.
9. Mark AT. Treatment dan rehabilitasi of fractures. Editor, Stanley Hoppenfeld, Vasantha, Murthy; alih bahasa, HY Kuncara. Jakarta: EGC; 2011. p. 4-1.
10. Caetano Lopes J, Canhao H, Fonseca JE. Osteoblasts and bone formation. Acta Reumatol Port 2007;32:103-10.
11. Tortora, Gerard J, Derrickson, Bryan H. Principles of anatomy and phisiology. USA: John Wiley and Sons, Inc; 2009.
12. Indriyani L. The dynamics of MMP-8 and TIMP-1 mRNAs after application of roselle extract gel (Hibiscus Sabdariffa) on the denture’s crowns with gingivitis; 2016.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.