EVALUATION OF WOUND HEALING ACTIVITY OF POLYHERBAL FORMULATION
Objective: The present study describes the anti-microbial acivity of Acacia arabica and Butea monosperma bark extract.
Methods: For this purpose aqueous extract of bark were prepared by Soxhlet extraction methodâ€. The experimentally induced burn wound model in rats by Excision methodâ€.
Results: As a result of this study it was found that the extract of bark generally revealed antimicrobial and wound healing activity.Conclusion: The result of the study suggest that the Acacia arabica and Butea monosperma bark of polyherbal gel effective in accelerating wound healing process.
2. Barua CC, Talukdar A, Barua AG, Sarma RK, Bora RS. Evaluation of the wound healing activity of methanolic extract of Azadirachta Indica (Neem) and Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi) in rats. Pharmaclogy Res Online 2010;1:70-7.
3. Future. Journal of Pharmaceutical; 2002. p. 160-3.
4. Jason KO, MD Joel, D Herbert. The effect of ZD6474, an inhibitors of VEGF signaling; On cutaneous wound healing in mice. J Surgical Res 2005;129:251-2.
5. K Mohan AV. Effect of topical phenytoin on burn wound healing in rats. Indian J Exp Biol 2011;49:56-9.
6. Ahmad NS, Mohd SA, Ahmad A. Effect of carica papaya linn, latex on the healing of burns wounds in rats. J Sains Kesihatan Malaysia 2005;3:39-47.
7. Moon RS, Shrikhande R, Purohit N. Formulation and study of burn wound effect of herbal creams advance in Pharmacology and Toxicology. Indian J Pharm Sci 2007;8:1-25.
8. Gopalkrishnan V, Rao Longanathan, VK Sharma, V Bhavna. Antimicrobial activity of extract of acalyphaindica linn. Indian J Pharm Sci 2000;62:347-9.
9. K Ramanjaneyulu, A Bhargavi, P Rajvarma. Evaluation of phytochemical and antibacterial activity of Butea monosperma leaf extract. Int J Pharm Res 2011;2:1563-5.
10. Rajvaidhya Sourbh, GK Signh. A review on Acacia arabica in Indian medicinal plants. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012;3:1995-2005.
11. Subalakshmi M, Saranya A, Maheswari MU, Jarina A, Kavimani S. An overview of the current methodologies used for the evaluation of drugs having wound healing activity. Int J Exp Pharmacol 2014;4:127-31.
12. Kumar A. Wound healing and ficus arnottiana Miq. Indian Health J 2011;5;68-58.
13. Manas Kumar Das, Pariya Mazumder. Evaluation of antibacterial activity in Butea monosperma: a comprehensive review. Int Res J Plant Sci 2011;2;7;215-9.
14. Sapna Malviya. Medicinal attributes of Acacia arabica linn a comprehensive review on ethophamacological claims. Int J Pharm Life Sci 2011;4:830-7.
15. Aly Usama F. Preparation and evaluation of novel topical gel preparation for wound healing in diabetics. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:76-8.