PHYTOCHEMICAL SCREENING, QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS OF PRIMARY AND SECONDARY METABOLITES OF ACACIA ARABICA BARK
The study includes phytochemical screening and quantification of primary and secondary metabolites like chlorophyll, carbohydrates, protein, lipids, phenol, tannin and flavonoids from Acacia arabica bark. For these purpose aqueous extract of bark was prepared by â€œSoxhlet extraction methodâ€. The result of these study suggests that the Acacia arabica bark in which presence of primary and secondary metabolites.
2. Noble RI. The discovery of Vinca alkaloids chemotherapeutic agents against cancer. Biochem Cell Biol 1990;68:1544â€“51.
3. Lingarao M, Savithramma N. Quantification of primary and secondary metabolites of Svensonia hyderobadensisâ€“a rare medicinal plant. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2012;4:519-21.
4. Nandagopal S, Ranjitha Kumari BD. Phytochemical and antibacterial studies of Chicory (Cichorium intybus L.)-a multipurpose medicinal plant. Adv Biol Res 2007;1:17-21.
5. Sharma MC, Sharma S. Phytochemical screening of methanolic extract and antimicrobial activity of Eclipta alba and Morinda Citrifolia L., Middle East J Sci Res Plants 2010;6:445-9.
6. Gupta C, Garg AP, Gupta S. Antimicrobial and phytochemical studies of fresh ripe pulp and dried unripe pulp of Mangifera indica (AMCHUR). Middle-East J Sci Res 2010;5:75-80.
7. Boopathi CA, Sivakumar R. Phytochemical screening studies on the leaves and stem of Andrographis neesianan wight-an endemic medicinal plants from India. World Appl Sci J 2011;49;56-59.
8. Michael Bennett. Some dressings are classed as pharmaceuticals to wound care and how to select the wound dressing. Clin Pharma 2010;2:363-5.
9. Moon RS, Shrikhande R, Purohit N. Formulation and study of burn wound effect of herbal creams advance in pharmacology and toxicology. Indian J Pharm Sci 2007;8:1-25.
10. Rajvaidhya Sourbh, GK Signh. A review on Acacia arabica in Indian medicinal plants. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012;7:1995-2005.
11. Rawat S, Singh R, Thakur P, Kaur S Semwal. A wound healing agents from medicinal plants a review. Asian Pacific J Trop Biomed 2012;2:1910-7.
12. Sapna Malviya. Medicinal attributes of Acacia arabica linn a comprehensive review on ethophamacological claims. International Journal of Pharmacy and life sciences. 2011;2:830-37.
13. Middleton E, Kandaswami C. The impact of plant flavonoids on mammalian biology: implications for immunity, inflammation and cancer. In: Harborne JB. Ed. The Flavonoids. Chapman and Hall, London; 1994. p. 619â€“52.
14. Chung KT, Wong TY, Wei CL, Huang YW, Lin Y. Tannins and human health: a review. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr 1998;6:421-64.
15. Hindumathy CK. In vitro study of antibacterial activity of cymbopogon citratus, world academy of science. Eng Technol 2011;5:189-93.