FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF NANOSUSPENSION OF VALSARTAN
Objective: The objective of the present research work was to formulate and evaluate Valsartan nanosuspension by nanoprecipitation ultra sonication method using different polymers to enhance solubility and bioavailability of the poorly water-soluble drug.Methods: Formulation of nanosuspension of valsartan by nanoprecipitation technique was used. The nanosuspension formulations were prepared using different polymers such as hydroxyl propyl methyl cellulose E50, polyvinyl pyrollidone k-30, polyethene glycol 6000 and sodium lauryl sulphate was used as the surfactant.
Results: The formulation of nanosuspension was formed clear and no sedimentation was seen on further shaking. The nanosuspension formulations were Valsatan shows maximum solubility in HPMC as a non-volatile solvent. All the Preformulation parameters were evaluated such as organoleptic characterization of drug sample, melting point, pH, partition coefficient, identification of drug samples by using UV spectroscopy and FTIR analytical method, preparation of calibration curves, solubility studies of drug sample like qualitative, quantitative and pH dependent solubility of drug in different pH buffer solution. The viscosity of the dispersion medium was more in F10.895 mPa-s and F2 0.894 mPa-s than the other formulations. The particle size distribution of the nanosuspension with zeta potential found to be negative mv. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy indicated that there was no possible interaction between drug and polymer.
Conclusion: From this study, it was concluded that in recent advances in novel drug delivery system aims to enhance safety and efficacy of drug molecule by formulating a convenient dosage form for administration and to achieve better patient compliance, one such approach is nanosuspension.
2. Shilpa CP. Nanosuspension-a novel approaches in drug delivery system. Int Pharm Res Rev 2013;2:30-9.
3. Bhowmik D. Nanosuspension-a novel approaches in drug delivery system. Pharma Innovation J 2013;1:50-63.
4. Harshil M Patel, Bhumi B Patel, Chainesh N Shah. Nanosuspension: a novel approach to enhance the solubility of poorly water-soluble drugs. Int J Adv Pharm 2016;2:21-9.
5. Muller RH, Jacobs C. Nanosuspension as a new approach for the formulation for the poorly water-soluble drug tarazepide. Int J Pharm 2000;196:161-4.
6. Chowdary KPR, Madhavi BLR. Novel drug delivery technologies for insoluble drugs. Ind Drugs 2005;42:557-63.
7. Kavitha VB, Neethu CS, Dineshkumar B, Krishnakumar K, Anish John. Nanosuspension formulation: an improved drug delivery system. Int J Nanosci Nanotech 2014;4:1-5.
8. Yadllohi R, Vasilev K, Simvoic S. Nanosuspension technologies for delivery of poorly soluble drugs. J Nanomat 2014;1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/216375
9. Prasanna L, Giddam A. Nanosuspension technology. A Review. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2010;2:35-40.
10. Rupali L, Shashikant N, Nilesh K, Santosh L. A review nanosuspension. Int J Pharm Rev Res 2013;22:98-106.
11. Valsartan: Final text for addition to The International Pharmacopoeia, WHO; 2008. p. 1-5.
12. Madhusudan Y. Formulation and evaluation of poorly water-soluble drug Albendazole. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;2:115-25.
13. Velmula M, Pavuluri P, Rajashekar S. A review-nanosuspension technology for poorly soluble drugs. World J Pharm Pharma Sci 2017;4:1612-25.
14. Kumar S, Singh P. An overview-varoius techniques for solubility enhancement. Pharma Innovation J 2016;5:23-8.
15. Singh DK, Tripathi K. Trigonella foenum-graecumas a potential hydrophilic carrier for the improvement of solubility and dissolution rate of curcumin. Int J Pharm Pharma Res 2016:6:156-61.
16. Patel HB, Patel BB, C Shah. A review-nanosuspension: a novel approch to enhance the solubility of poorly water-soluble drugs. Int J Adv Pharma 2016;5:21-9.
17. Ghasemian E, Vahid R. Optimization of cefixime nanosuspension to improve drug dissolution. Pharm Sci 2015;21:136-44.
18. Yadollohi R, Vasilev K, Simovic S. A review-nanosuspension technologies for delivery of soluble drugs. J Nanomat 2015:1-13. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/216375
19. Agrawal V, Bajpai M. Preparation and optimization of Esomeprazole nanosuspension using evaporative precipitation ultrasonication. Trop J Pharm Res 2014;13:497-503.
20. Chandran S, Anandakirouchenane E. Enhancement of solubility of atorvastatin calcium by nanosuspension technique. Int J Biopharm 2014;5:214-7.
21. Danhier F, Bernard U. Nanosuspension for the delivery of a poorly soluble anti-cancer kinase inhibitor. Eur J Pharm Biopharm 2014;88:252-60.
22. Nandkumar Mane A, Sagar SG, Nikhil RB, Rohit RB. Nanosuspension-a novel carrier for lipidic drug transfer. Sch Acad J Pharm 2014;3:82-8.
23. Papdiwal A, Sagar K, Pande V. Formulation and characterization of Nateglinide nanosuspension by precipitation method. Int J Pharm Sci Nanotech 2014;7:2685-9.
24. Papdiwal A, Pande V, Sagar K. Design and characterization of zaltoprofen nanosuspension by precipitation method. Pharm Chem 2014;6:161-8.
25. Raju A, Jagdeesh R, Jithan AV. Preparation and characterization f nevirapine oral nanosuspension. Ind J Pharm Sci 2014;76:62-71.
26. Rupali L Shid, Shashikant N Dhole, Nilesh Kulkarni, Santosh L Shid. Formulation and evaluation of nanosuspension formulation for drug delivery of simvastatin. Int J Pharm Sci Nanotech 2014;7:2650-65.
27. Singh VK, Singh P, Chandra D, Rai U, Kumar S, Singh P. Formulation and Evaluation of the effect of the different stabilizer at nanosuspension of Satranidazole. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;2:1367-77.
28. Chaudhari B, Umesh K, Dhruv M. Preparation and evaluation of poorly soluble drug albendazole. J Drug Discovery Ther 2013;1:37-42.
29. Greeshma V Patel, Vaibhav B Patel, Abhishekh P. Nanosuspension for improved oral bioavailability: formulation optimization in vitro, in-situ and in vivo evaluation. Drug Dev Pharm 2013;40:80-91.
30. Prabhu SL, SP Sharavanan, S Govindaraju. Formulation and development of aceclofenac nanosuspension as an alternative approach for improving drug delivery of poorly soluble drugs. Int J Pharm Sci Nanotech 2013;6:2145-53.
31. Raturi A, Bhatt G, Kothiyal P. A reviewâ€“formulation and evaluation of rosuvastatin calcium. Int J Pharm Rev Res 2014;3:42-51.
32. Kolhe S, Chipade M, Chaudhari PD. A review-nanosuspension of various techniques. World J Pharm Sci 2012;7:213-22.
33. RN Patel, Umashankar MS. Formulation and evaluation of nanosuspension containing erythromycin sterate. Am J Pharm Tech Res 2012;7:1062-80.
34. Patel M, Singh A, Patel NM. Nanosuspension a novel approach for drug delivery system. J Pharm Sci Biosci Res 2011;1:1-10.
35. Velmula VR, Lingala S. Solubility enhancement techniques. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2010;5:41-51.
36. Rao S, GV Rao, Vardhan S, Ramachandran D. Development and validation of new UV-spectrophotometric assay method for valsartan in pure and in formulations. J Clin Pharm Res 2013;5:229-32.
37. Geetha G, Poojitha U, Arshad Ahmed K. Various techniques for solubility enhancement. Int J Pharm Res Rev 2014;3:30-7.
38. Priti M, Ruchira C, Ujwala D. Lipid formulation classification. Int J Pharm Sci Rev Res 2012;1:118-23.
39. Bhanu S, Malay D. Nanosuspension for enhancement of oral bioavailability of felodipine. Appl Nanosci 2014;4:189-97.
40. Merin M, K Krishnakumar, B Dineshkumar, Smitha KN. A review article on antibiotics nanosuspension. J Drug Delivery Ther 2011;7:121-38.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.