GREEN BIOSYNTHESIS OF MAGNETIC IRON OXIDE NANOPARTICLES OF VITEX NEGUNDO AQUEOUS EXTRACT
Objective: The green synthesis of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles is a convenient, economical, rapid and eco-friendly method compared to physical and chemical synthesis methods.
Methods: In the present study iron oxide nanoparticles synthesized by Vitex negundo leaves extract.
Results: The formation of iron oxide nanoparticles was confirmed by the colour change and further characterized by UV-Visible Spectroscopy and XRD. The morphology and the size of nanoparticles were analyzed by SEM and HR-TEM analysis.
Conclusion: On the basis of this research work, green synthesized iron oxide nanoparticles can be a good source for alternative therapy for human diseases.
2. Allouche J. Synthesis of organic and bioorganic nanoparticles: an overview of the preparation methods. Springer London. In: Nanomaterials A Danger or a Promise; 2013. p. 27-74.
3. Weiss W, Ranke W. Surface chemistry and catalysis on well-defined epitaxial iron-oxide layers. Prog Surf Sci 2002;70:1-15.
4. Zeng H, Li J, Liu JP, Wang ZP, Sun SH. Exchanged-coupled nanocomposite magnets via nanoparticle self-assembly. Nature 2002;420:395.
5. Raj VB, Nimal AT, Parmar Y, Sharma MU, Sreenivas K, Gupta V. Cross-sensitivity and selectivity studies on ZnO surface acoustic wave ammonia sensor. Sens Actuators B 2010;147:517.
6. Feng J, Hu X, Yue PL, Zhu HY, Lu GQ. Degradation of azo-dye orange II by a photoassisted fenton reaction using a novel composite of iron oxide and silicate nanoparticles as a catalyst. Ind Eng Chem Res 2003;42:2058â€“66.
7. Kim DK, Zhang Y, Voit W, Rao KV, Kehr J, Bjelke B, et al. Superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles for biomedical applications. Scripta Materialia 2001;44:1713-7.
8. Modo MMJ, Bulte JWM. Molecular and cellular MR imaging; CRC Press: Boca Raton, FL; 2007.
9. Ismail RA, Sulaiman GM, Abdulrahman SA, Marzoog TR. Antibacterial activity of magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles synthesized by laser ablation in liquid. Mater Sci Eng Carbon 2015;53:286-97.
10. Nagajyothi PC, Pandurangan M, Kim DH, Sreekanth TVM, Shim J. Green synthesis of iron oxide nanoparticles and their catalytic and in vitro anticancer activities. J Cluster Sci 2017;28:245-57.
11. Lv HN, Guo XY, Tu PF, Jiang Y. Comparative analysis of the essential oil composition of Murraya paniculata and M. exotica. Nat Prod Commun 2013;8:1473-5.
12. Latha N, Gowri M. Biosynthesis and characterization of Fe3O4 nanoparticles using Carica papaya leaves extract. Int J Sci Res 2014;3:1551-6.
13. Wang T, Jin X, Chen Z, Megharaj M, Naidu R. Green synthesis of Fe nanoparticles using eucalyptus leaf extracts for treatment of eutrophic wastewater. Sci Total Environ 2014;466:210-3.
14. Wu W, He Q, Jiang C. Magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles: synthesis and surface functionalization strategies. Nanoscale Res Lett 2008;3:397.