SYNTHESIS AND STRUCTURE-ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIP OF 1-ALLYL-3-(2-CHLOROBENZOYL) THIOUREA AS ANALGESIC
Objective: The research was aimed to synthesize 1-allyl-3-(2-chlorobenzoyl) thiourea and determine its analgesic activity in mice (Mus musculus).
Methods: The synthesis was carried out by modified Schotten-Baumann reaction, via nucleophilic substitution reaction of allylthiourea on 2-chlorobenzoyl chloride. The analgesic test was done by writhing test on mice (Mus musculus).
Results: Pure 1-allyl-3-(2-chlorobenzoyl) thiourea was obtained, confirmed by means of UV, IR, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR, and MS spectroscopy. The compound showed better pain inhibition activity compared to diclofenac sodium, with ED50 = 15.440 mg/kg BW.
Conclusion: The compound 1-allyl-3-(2-chlorobenzoyl) thiourea can be synthesized by one-step modified Schotten-Baumann reaction, and showed a good analgesic activity. The compound needs further investigation as a potential analgesic drug candidate.
Keywords: 1-allyl-3-(2-chlorobenzoyl)thiourea, Modified Schotten-Baumann, Analgesic activityÂ
2. Alagarsamy V, Murugananthan G, Venkateshperumal R. Synthesis, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities of some novel 2-methyl-3-substituted quinazolin-4-(3H)-ones. Biol Pharm Bull 2003;26:1711-4.
3. Budiati T, Suzana, dan Surdijati S. Synthesis, Analgesic and anti-inflammatory activity test of substituted benzoyl thiourea compounds. Maj Farm Indones 2003;21:68â€“76.
4. Hinz B, Brune K. Antipyretic analgesic: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, selective COX-2 Inhibitors, Paracetamol, and Pyrazolinones. In: Stein C. editor. Analgesia. New York: Springer Berlin Heidelberg; 2006. p. 66-87.
5. Siswandono. Structure modification and structure-activity relationship of some new benzoilurea derivative compounds. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation Airlangga University; 1999.
6. Pavia DL, Lampman GM, Kriz GS, Vyvyan JR. Introduction to spectroscopy. 4th ed. California: Cangage Learning; 2009.
7. Silverstein RM, Webster FX, Kiemle D. Spectrometric identification of organic compounds. 7th ed. San Fransisco: John Wiley and Sons Inc; 2005.
8. Le Bars D, Gozariu M, Cadden SW. An animal model of nociception. Pharmacol Rev 2001;53:598-643.
9. Hardjono S. Structure modification of 1-(Benzoyloxy) Urea and Its Cytotoxic Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationship. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation Airlangga University; 2013.
10. Siswandono dan Soekardjo B. Kimia Medicinal I dan II. Surabaya: Airlangga University Press; 2000.