LOW POWER SI-BASED POWER AMPLIFIER FOR HEALTHCARE APPLICATION
Objective: The objective of this research was to design a 2.4 GHz class B Power Amplifier (PA), with 0.18um Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC) CMOS technology by using Cadence software, for health care applications. The ultimate goal for such application is to minimize the trade-offs between performance and cost, and between performance and low power consumption design.
Methods: This paper introduces the design of a 2.4GHz class B power amplifier designed as dual gate topology. This class B power amplifier could transmit 26dBm output power to a 50â„¦ load. The power added efficiency was 60% minimum and the power gain was 90dB, the total power consumption was 6.9 mW.
Results: Besides, accurate device modeling, is needed, due to the leakage and process variations.
Conclusion: The performance of the power amplifier meets the specification requirements of the desired.
2. Minaie A, Mehrizy AS, Mehrizy PS, Mehrizy RS. Application of wireless sensor networks in health care system. Am Soc Eng Educ 2013;3:21-4.
3. Bin Wu, Li SX, Smedley KM, Sigmond Singer. A family of two-switch boosting switched-capacitor converters, IEEE Transactions Power Electronics 2015;30:5413-24.
4. Wu B, Smedley KM, Singer S. A new 3X interleaved bidirectional switched capacitor converter. Appl Power Electronics Conference Exposition 2014;1433-9.
5. Wu B, Li SX, Liu Y, Smedley KM. A new hybrid boosting converter for renewable energy applications. IEEE Transs Power Electronics 2016;31:1203-7.
6. Wu B, Smedley Keyue. A current control MPPT method in high power solar energy conversion system. Appl Power Electronics Conference Exposition; 2014. p. 3021-5.
7. Cai WL, Gouveia L. Modeling and simulation of maximum power point tracker in Ptolemy. J Clean Energy Technol 2013;1:6-9.
8. Cai W, Chan J, Garmire D. 3-Axes MEMS hall-effect sensor. IEEE Sensors Applications Symposium; 2011. p. 141-4.
9. Cai W, Cui XL, Zhou XR. Optimization of a GPU implementation of multi-dimensional RF pulses design algorithm. Int Conf on Bioin and Bio Eng; 2011. p. 1-4.
10. Cai W, Huang L, Wen WJ. 2.4GHZ class AB power amplifier for the wireless medical sensor network. Int J Enhanced Res Sci Technol Eng 2016;5:94-8.
11. Cai W, Shi F. 2.4 GHz heterodyne receiver for healthcare application. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8:1-4.
12. Xie SX, Paidi V, Coffie R, Keller S, Heikman S, Moran B, et al. High-linearity class b power amplifiers in GaN HEMT technology. IEEE Microwave Wireless Components Lett 2003;13:7:284-6.