HOMOLOGY MODELLING AND MOLECULAR DOCKING STUDY OF ORGANOPHOSPHATES AND PYRETHROIDS IN TERMS OF POTENTIAL TOXICITY
Objective: Though the adverse effects of pesticides used in agriculture may not immediately be visible in the human population however its long term exposure may cause detrimental effects by biomagnifications and bioaccumulation. Nowadays bioinformatics serves as an in silico tool not only for homology alignment but also for prediction of quaternary structures of biochemicals. The present study was aimed to compare the potential toxicities of triazophos and chlorpyrifos (organophosphates; OPs) and cypermethrin and deltamethrin (pyrethroids) and their interactions with cytochrome P450 functioning.
Methods: The authors performed the BLAST for homology alignment for cytochrome P450 of human and Zebra fish and further proceeded for docking analysis of all the pesticides with cytochrome P450.
Results: It was noted that 99% of query cover with 32% of homology in the sequences of cytochrome P450 between human and Zebra fish. Upon docking, the pesticide deltamethrin showed the highest interaction with cytochrome P450 with highest binding energy and least dissociation constant for Deltamethrin which was found to be 8.233 [kcal/mol] and 922849.687 [pM].
Conclusion: Our preliminary results thus encompass/indicate that the deltamethrin is not only having detrimental effect on enzyme kinetics in general but also such similar effects be apprehended for human also.
2. Sanchez-Bayo FP. Insecticides mode of action in relation to their toxicity to non-target organisms. J Environ Anal Toxicol 2012;S4:1â€“11.
3. Narahashi T. Mode of action of pyrethroids. Bull World Health Org 1971;44:337â€“45.
4. Kumar A, Sharma B, Pandey RS. Preliminary evaluation of the acute toxicity of cypermethrin and lambda-cyhalothrin to Channa Punctatus. Bull Environ Contamin Toxicol 2007;79:613-6.
5. Sigel R, Sigel A, Sigel H. The ubiquitous roles of cytochrome P450 proteins: metal Ions in life sciences. Wiley and Sons; 2007.
6. Guengerich FP. Cytochrome P450 and chemical toxicology. Chem Res Toxicol 2008;21:70â€“3.
7. Human Genome Information Archive. "About the Human Genome Project". U. S. Department of Energy and Human Genome Project program; 2013.
8. Tang J, Cao Y, Rose RL, Brimfield AA, Dai D, Joyce A, et al. Metabolism of chlorpyrifos by human cytochrome P450 isoforms and human, mouse, and rat liver microsomes. Drug Metabol Dispos 2001;29:1201-4.
9. http://www.rcsb.org. [Last accessed on 15 May 2017]
10. Arora N, Singh VK, Shah K, Pandey-Rai S. Qualitative and quantitative analysis of 3D predicted arachidonate 15-lipoxygenase-B (15-LOX-2) from Homo sapiens. Bioinformation 2012;8:555-61.
11. http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. [Last accessed on 15 May 2017]
12. Krieger E, Vriend G. YASARA view-molecular graphics for all devicesâ€“from smart phones to workstations. Bioinfo 2014;30:2981-2.
13. Singh S, Tiwari RK, Ghosh S, Pandey RS. Impact of triazophos on Channa punctatus: hematological and histopathological studies. Int J Curr Res 2017;9:48246-52.
14. Hasemann CA, Kurumbail RG, Boddupalli SS, Peterson JA, Deisenhofer J. Structure and function of cytochromes P450:a comparative analysis of three crystal structures. Structure 1995;2:41-2.
15. Ganugapati J, Swarna S. Molecular docking studies of antidiabetic activity of cinnamon compounds. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014;7 Suppl 2:31-4.