SYNTHESIS, CHARACTERIZATION AND ANTIMICROBIAL STUDY OF SOME BENZENESULFONAMIDE BASED BIPYRAZOLES
Objectives: To synthesize, characterize and evaluate antimicrobial properties of some benzenesulfonamide based bipyrazole.
Methods: The benzenesulfonamide based bipyrazole 1a-d & 2a-f have been synthesized by the reaction between 1-[1-aryl / (benzothiazol-2-yl)-5-hydroxy-3-methylpyrazol-4-yl]butane-1,3-diones 5 and 2-hydrazinobenzothiazoles or Aryl hydrazines 3. The structures of these compounds have been characterized from the rigorous analysis of their IR, 1H-NMR, HRMS and elemental analysis. These compounds were screened for their anti-microbial activity.
Results: The results revealed that compounds 1a, 2b and 2f exhibited good antibacterial activity and 1b, 1c, 2a, and 2d showed moderate antibacterial activity as compared with standard drug Ofloxacin.
Conclusion: This study provides the simple method for the synthesis of new benzenzenesulfonamide based bipyrazoles which plays important role in numerous bioactive compounds.
2. Dannhardt G, Kiefer W. Cyclooxygenase inhibitors-current status and future prospects. Eur J Med Chem 2001;36:109-26.
3. Xie W, Chipman JG, Robertson DL, Erikson RL, Simmons DL. Expression of a mitogen-responsive gene encoding prostaglandin synthase is regulated by mRNA splicing. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1991;88:2692-6.
4. Kujubu DA, Fletcher BS, Varnum BC, Lim RW, Herschman HR. TIS10, a phorbol ester tumor promoter-inducible mRNA from Swiss 3T3 cells, encodes a novel prostaglandin synthase/ cyclooxygenase homologue. J Biol Chem 1991;266:12866-72.
5. Hla T, Neilson K. Human cyclooxygenase-2 cDNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1992;89:7384-8.
6. Elguero J. Pyrazole and their Benzo derivatives, In Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry Vol. 5, Katritzky AR, Rees CW. Eds; Pergamon Press, Oxford; 1984. p. 182.
7. Elguero J. In Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry II; Katritzky AR, Rees CW, Scriven EFV. (Eds.), Pergamon-Elsevier Science: Oxford; 1996. p. 1-75.
8. Schallner O. Herbicides from pyrazole derivatives; Bayer AG. Fed Rep Ger, Ger Offen 1986;DE 3402308;Chem Abstr104, 34075j.
9. Eto M. Bioorganic Chemistry of Pesticides research and Development (Japan): Soft Science, Inc., Tokyo, Japan; 1985. p. 519-37.
10. Penning TD, Talley JJ, Bertenshaw SR, Carter JS, Collins PW, Doctor S, et al. Synthesis and biological evaluation of the 1,5-diarylpyrazole class of cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors: identification of 4-[5-(4-methylphenyl)-3-(trifluoromethyl)-1H-pyrazol-1-yl]benzenesulfonamide. J Med Chem 1997;40:1347-65.
11. Madsen U, Slok FA, Stensbol TB, Brauner-Osborne H, Lutzhoft HH, Poulsen MV, et al. Ionotropic excitatory amino acid receptor ligands. Synthesis and pharmacology of a new amino acid AMPA antagonist. Eur J Med Chem 2000;35:69-76.
12. Gelin S, Chantegrel B, Nadi AI. Synthesis of 4-(acylacetyl)-1-phenyl-2-pyrazolin-5-ones from 3-acyl-2H-pyran-2,4(3H)-diones. Their synthetic applications to functionalized 4-oxopyrano[2,3-c]pyrazole derivatives. J Org Chem 1983;48(22):4078-82.
13. Singh SP, Prakash O, Vaid RK. Reaction of 2-hydrazino-4-methyl-6-methoxyquinoline with dehydroacetic acid: formation of some novel products. Indian J Chem 1984;23B:191-2.
14. Ranjana A, Chinu R, Chetan S, Aneja KR. Synthesis and biological evaluation of new 1-(4,6-dimethylpyrimidin-2-yl)-1â€²-aryl/heteroaryl-3,3â€²-dimethyl-(4,5â€²-bipyrazol)-5-ols as antimicrobial agents. Rep Org Chem 2013;3:13-22.
15. Soliman R. Preparation and antidiabetic activity of some sulfonylurea derivatives of 3,5-disubstituted pyrazoles. J Med Chem 1979;22(3):321-5.
16. Sawhney SN, Tomer RK, Prakash O, Prakash I, Singh SP. Benzothiazole derivatives: part XI-Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of some 2-(3',5'-dimethyl-4'-substituted-pyrazole-1'-yl)benzothiazoles. Indian J Chem 1981;20B:314-6.
17. Stephen JF, Marcus E. Reactions of dehydroacetic acid and related pyrones with secondary amines. J Org Chem 1969;34:2527-34.
18. Singh K, Sharma PK, Dhawan SN, Singh SP. Synthesis and characterization of some novel indeno [1,2-c]pyrazoles. J Chem Res 2005;8:526-9.
19. Grover M. Dissertation, Kurukshetra University: Kurukshetra, India; 1987.
20. Elguero J. In Comprehensive Heterocyclic Chemistry II; Katritzky AR, Rees CW, Scriven EFV. (Eds.), Pergamon-Elsevier Science: Oxford; 1984;5(4A):167-304.