AN INNOVATIVE METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND FORCED DEGRADATION STUDIES FOR SIMULTANEOUS ESTIMATION OF SOFOSBUVIR AND LEDIPASVIR BY RP HPLC
Objective: To develop an innovative, rapid, simple, cost-effective, stability indicating reverse phase-high performance liquid chromatography (RP-HPLC) method for simultaneous estimation of ledipasvir (LP) and sofosbuvir (SB) in combination pill dosage form.
Methods: The method was developed using C8 column, 250 mm x 4.6 mm, 5 mm using mobile section comprising of 0.1% (v/v) orthophosphoric acid buffer at pH 2.2 and acetonitrile in the ratio of 45:55 that was pumped through the column at a flow rate of 0.8 ml/min. Temperature was maintained at 30 °C, the effluents were monitored at 260 nm with the help of usage of PDA detector.
Results: The retention time of LP and SB were found to be 2.246 min and 3.502 min. The approach was found to be linear with the variety of 9-36 µg/ml and 40-240 μg/ml for LP and SB respectively, the assay of estimated compounds were found to be 99.65% and 99.73% w/v for LP and SB respectively.
Conclusion: The pressured samples changed into analyzed and this proposed a technique turned into determined to be particular and stability indicating as no interfering peaks of decay compound and excipients were observed. Hence, the approach was easy and economical that may be efficiently applied for simultaneous estimation of both LP and SB in bulk and combination tablet system.
2. Alam MI, Khanam N, Ganguly S, Shaikh JK. Quality by design-a recent trend in pharmaceutical industries. World J Pharm Res 2016;5:608-20.
3. Rani SJ, Devenna N. Development and validation of RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir, velpatasvir and voxilaprevir in bulk and tablet dosage forms. Rasayan J Chem 2018;11:452-9.
4. Khanam N, Alam MI, Ali QAIY, Siddiqui AR. A review on the optimization of drug delivery system with experimental designs. Int J Appl Pharm 2018;10:7-12.
5. Nekkala K, Kumar SJV, Ramachandran D. Analytical method development and validation for the simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir drug product by reverse phase high performance liquid chromatography method. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2018;11:164-8.
6. Mohan V, Satyanarayan T, Kumar VD, Mounika E, Latha SM, Anusha R. Development and validation of new RP-HPLC method for the determination of sofosbuvir in pure form. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;5:775-81.
7. Kowdley KV, Gorodon SC, Reddy KR, Rossaro L, Bernstein DE, Lawitz E, et al. Ledipasvir and sofosbuvir for 8 or 12 w for chronic HCV without cirrhosis. N Eng J Med 2014;370:1879-88.
8. Nagaraju T, Vardhan SVM, Ravi KD, Ramachandran D. A new RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous assay of sofosbuvir and ledipasvir in the combined dosage form. Int J Chem Tech Res 2017;10:761-8.
9. Rao SB, Reddy MV, Rao SB. Simultaneous analysis of ledipasvir and sofosbuvir in bulk and tablet dosage form by a stability indicating high performance liquid chromatographic method. Global J Res Anal 2017;6:505-9.
10. Bandala J, Ganapaty S. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for the simultaneous determination of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir in tablet dosage forms. Indian J Pharm Biol 2017;5:10-6.
11. Saroja J, Lakshmi PVA, Rammohan Y, Divya D, Kumar SP. Concurrent estimation of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir in raw and tablets using stability indicating RP-HPLC method. Rasayan J Chem 2018;11:1058-66.
12. Vanaja B, Vageesh NM, Kistayya C, Urukundu V. RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir in the pure and pharmaceutical dosage form. Innov Int J Med Pharm Sci 2018;3:45-8.
13. Priyanka K, Vinutha K, Sridevi P, Ramya BR, Raju MB. A stability indicating rp-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of velpatasvir and sofosbuvir in its bulk and tablet dosage form. Am J Pharm Tech Res 2018;8:129-39.
14. Patel JP, Ankit B. Stability indicating RP-HPLC method development and validation for simultaneous estimation of sofosbuvir and velpatasvir in tablet. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2018;7:813-28.
15. Devilal J, Durgaprasad B, Narottam P, Rao AS. New method development and validation for the determination of ledipasvir in bulk drug form by using reverse phase hplc technique. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;5:1312-21.
16. Mansour FR. A new innovative spectrophotometric method for the simultaneous determination of sofosbuvir and ledipasvir. Spectrochim Acta Part A 2017;188:626-32.
17. Rezk MR, Bendas ER, Basalious EB, Karim IA. Quantification of sofosbuvir and ledipasvir in human plasma by UPLC-MS/MS method, application to fasting and fed bioequivalence studies. J Chromatogr B: Anal Technol Biomed Life Sci 2016;1028:63-70.
18. ICH: Q2 (R1), Validation of analytical procedures: text and methodology; 2005.
19. ICH: Q2B. Harmonized Tripartite Guideline, Validation of Analytical Procedure: Methodology, IFPMA. In: Proceedings of the International Conference on Harmonization, Geneva; 1996.
20. Farid NF, Abdelwahab NS. Chromatographic analysis of ledipasvir and sofosbuvir, new treatment for chronic hepatitis C infection with application to human plasma. J Liq Chromatogr Relat Technol 2017;40:327-32.