SYNTHESIS OF NOVEL Î³-CARBOLINE DERIVATIVES AND THEIR IN SILICO STUDIES ON 5HT1, H1 AND CCR2 ANTAGONIST RECEPTORS
Objective: Synthesis of novel Î³-carboline precursor 4 by using mild, inexpensive and eco friendly T3
Methods: The reaction was carried out by taking mixture of 1 equiv. of phenyl hydrazine hydrochloride, 1 equiv. of N-Boc piperidone and 0.25 equiv. of TP as catalyst and synthesis of Î³-carbolinesulfonamides, amides and tertiary amines 5a-l from compound 4 as a key intermediate. In silico docking studies against 5HT1, H1 and
CCR2 antagonist receptors of all 5a-l compounds.
Results: An excellent yield of Î³-carboline precursor 4 was obtained by using mild, inexpensive and eco friendly TP(50% in EtOAc) in toulene at 90 Â°C. After 6hr the product Î³-carboline 4 was obtained by water workup followed boc deprotection by HCl in dioxane treatment. Further, the sulfonation, amidation and reductive amination were carried out to Î³-carboline 4 to get derivatives of Î³- carboline 5a-l. The synthesized compounds were docked against 5HT1, H1 and CCR2 antagonist receptors using AutoDock v 4.2.3
Conclusion: An eco friendly procedure to prepare Î³-carboline 4 using mild and inexpensive T
P catalyst. Among the synthesized compounds, the 5b and 5c were shown three hydrogen bonding interaction having-10.1082 and-13.9105 kcal/mol of interaction energy with H1protein at the active site amino acids ARG175, TYR185 and SER128 respectively. The inhibitory constants were found to be 88.7015 and 56.2123
2. Abou-Gharbia M, Usha RP, Michael BW, John AM, Terrance HA, Eric AM. Antipsychotic activity of substituted gamma-carbolines. J Med Chem 1987;30(10):1818-23.
3. Alexandre B, RÃ©gis M, Jean P, Nicole P, Jean-Pierre H. Synthesis and biological activity of N-aroyl-tetrahydro-Î³-carbolines. Bioorg Med Chem 2010;18:3910â€“24.
4. Josep B, FaÃ¯za D, LluÃs P, Daniel P, Lidia S, Montserrat M, Dolors V, et al. Synthesis and structureâ€“activity relationships of Î³-carboline derivatives as potent and selective cysLT1 antagonists. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2009;19(15):4299â€“302.
5. (a)Sandra M, Alvaro GG, Gema D, Javier PC. Medium-sized and strained heterocycles from non-catalysed and gold-catalysed conversions of Î²-carbolines. Org Biomol Chem 2012;10(35):7167-76.
(b) Jose B, Francisco JF, Roberto S, Yolanda F. Synthesis of functionalized indole-and benzo-fused heterocyclic derivatives through anionic benzyne cyclization. Chem Eur J 2002;8(9).
(c) JosÃ© MF, Karel LJ, JosÃ© AM, Nicoletta R, Federica Z. CuO/SiO2 as a simple, effective and recoverable catalyst for alkylation of indole derivatives with diazo compounds. Org Biomol Chem 2013;11:4327-32.
6. Slassi A, Isaac MOA. Recent progress in 5-HT6 receptor antagonists for the treatment of CNS diseases. Expert Opin Ther Pat 2002;12:513-27.
7. Hoyer D, Martin GR. 5-HT receptor classification and nomenclature: towards a harmonization with the human genome. Neuropharmacol 1997;36:419-28.
8. Bousquet J, Van CP, Khaltaev N. Allergic rhinitis and its impact on asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2001;108:S147â€“S334.
9. Kay GG. The effects of antihistamines on cognition and performance. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2000;105:S622â€“S7.
10. Pappachan EK, Jianli N. Inflammation, endoplasmic reticulum stress, autophagy, and the monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/ccr2 pathway. Circ Res 2012;110(1):174-89.
11. (a) Franciele CS, Anelise SNF, Valeria AB, Mary AF, Joao EC, Marta CTD, et al. Synthesis, Antitumor and antimicrobial activity of novel 1-substituted phenyl-3-[3-alkylamino(methyl)-2-thioxo-1,3,4-oxadiazol-5-yl] Î²-carboline derivatives. J Braz Chem Soc 2010;21:288-98.
(b) Odette R, Buu-HoÃ¯ NP, Jacquignon P. Carcinogenic nitrogen compounds. Part XLVII. Î³-Carbolines and 2,10-diaza-anthracenes isosteric with benzocarbazoles and benzacridines. J Chem Soc 1965;5458-64. (c) Robinson R, Thorney S, CCLXXXVII. 5-Carboline and some derivatives. J Chem Soc Trans 1924;125;2169-76.
12. Buu-HoÃ¯ NP, Odette R, Jacquignon P. Carcinogenic nitrogen compounds. Part XXXIX. A new synthesis of Î³-carbolines and of 2,10-diaza-anthracenes. J Chem Soc 1964;2:708-11.
13. Worley JW. N-(alpha.-Chloroalkyl)phthalimides. J Org Chem 1979;44(7): 1178â€“80.
14. Matthieu D, Krzysztof W, Marc S, Luke RO. A microwave-assisted, propylphosphonic anhydride (T3PÂ®) mediated one-pot Fischer indole synthesis. Tetrahedron Lett 2011;52:4417-20.
15. Sangram G, Sundarababu B, Burkhard K. Fischer indole synthesis in low melting mixtures. Org Lett 2012;14:4568-71.
16. Srinivasa A, Mahadevan KM, Prabhakara VP, Sudhakara A. Phosphorus, Sulfur, and Silicon 2009;184:1843-53.
17. Sudhakara A, Jayadevappa H, Harishkumar HN, Mahadevan KM. Antimony (III) sulfate catalyzed one-pot synthesis of 2,3-disubstituted indoles. Lett Org Chem 2009;6:159-64.
18. Sudhakara A, Jayadevappa H, Mahadevan KM, Vijaykumar H. Efficient Synthesis of 2-Ethoxycarbonyl Indoles. Synth Commun 2009;39:2506-15.
19. Siddalingamurthy E, Mahadevan KM, Jagadeesh NM, Harishkumar HN. Mild, efficient Fischer indole synthesis using 2,4,6-trichloro-1,3,5-triazine (TCT). Tetrahedron Lett 2013;54(41):5591-6.
20. Shrungesh TO, Mahadevan KM, Kumara MN. Green synthesis of 2,3,4,9-tetrahydro-1H-carbazoles/2,3-dimethylindoles catalyzed by [bmim (BF4)] ionic liquid in methanol. Org Commun 2013;6(1):31-40.
21. Kiran Kumar HC, Mahadeva KM, Kiran BM. High throughput one pot synthesis of 2-methylquinolines. Tetrahedron Lett 2013;54;1368-70.
22. Siddalingamurthy E, Mahadevan KM, Jagadeesh NM, Kumara MN. Synthesis and docking study of 3-(N-alkyl/aryl piperidyl) indoles with serotonin-5HT H1 and CCR2 antihistamine receptors. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:475-82.
23. Jagadeesh NM, Mahadevan KM, Kumara MN, Prashantha N. Synthesis and molecular docking study of N-alkyl/aryl-2-aryl indol-3-yl glyoxylamides as novel anticancer agents. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6:921-6.