A REVIEW ON PYRAZOLINE DERIVATIVES AS ANTIMICROBIAL AGENT
At present, there is a lot of research about the pyrazoline heterocyclic compound, its ring structure is being changed and new derivatives are being made, many of which have antimicrobial activity over the derivatives. Pyrazoline is the five-member heterocyclic ring which have two N atoms in nearby position and contains two endocyclic double bonds. Noteworthy consideration has been concentrated on pyrazolines and pyrazoline derivative due to their important pharmacological action. Some replaced pyrazolines have been stated near retain particular important pharmacological actions as antimicrobial, antifungal, antineoplastic, antidepressant, insecticidal, anticonvulsant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antitumor properties.
2. Danishuddin M, Kaushal L, Hassan BM, Khan AU. AMDD: antimicrobial drug database. Genomics Proteomics Bioinf 2012;10:360-3.
3. Alvarez MA, Debattista NB, Pappano NB. Antimicrobial activity and synergism of some substituted flavonoids. Folia Microbiol 2008;53:23-8.
4. Abunada NM, Hassaneen HM, Kandile NG, Miqdad OA. Synthesis and biological activity of some new pyrazoline and pyrrolo [3,4-c]pyrazole-4,6-dione derivatives: reaction of nitrilimines with some dipolarophiles. Molecules 2008;41:1011-24.
5. Chimenti F, Bizzarri B, Manna F. Synthesis and in vitro selective anti-Helicobacter pylori activity of pyrazoline derivatives. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2005;15:603-7.
6. Shivarama B, Akberali HM, Shivananda MK. Studies on arylfuran derivatives: part X. Synthesis and antibacterial properties of arylfuryl-?2-pyrazolines. Farmacology 2005;5:256-63.
7. Ozdemir A, Zitouni GT, Kaplanc?ki ZA, Revial G, Güven K. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of 1-(4-aryl-2-thiazolyl)-3-(2-thienyl)-5-aryl-2-pyrazoline derivatives. Eur J Med Chem 2007;42:403-9.
8. Kaplanc?kli ZA, Zitouni GT, Özdemir A, Gilbert RG, Güven K. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some thiazolyl-pyrazoline derivatives. Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Related Elements 2007;182:4:749-64.
9. Kaplanciki ZA, Zitouni GT, Ahmet A, Revial G. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some thiazolyl-pyrazoline derivatives. Phosphorus Sulfur Silicon Related Elements 2007;182:202-8.
10. Shaharyar M, Siddiqui AA, Ali MA. Synthesis and antimycobacterial activity of novel heterocycles. J Serb Chem Soc 2007;72:5–11.
11. Munawar MA, Azad M, Athar M, Paul W. Groundwater synthesis and antimicrobial activity of quinoline-based 2-pyrazolines. Chem Papers 2008;62:288–93.
12. Kini S, Gandhi AM. Novel 2-Pyrazoline derivatives as potential antibacterial and antifungal agents. Indian J Pharm Sci 2008;70:105–8.
13. Kini S, Gandhi AM. Novel 2-pyrazoline derivatives as potential antibacterial and antifungal agents. Indian J Pharm Sci 2008;70:105–8.
14. Ramesh B, Babitha S, Prasad YR. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Int J Chem Sci 2009;7:2572-6.
15. Manna K, Agrawal YK. Microwave-assisted synthesis of new indophenazine 1,3,5-trisubstruted pyrazoline derivatives of benzofuran and their antimicrobial activity. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2009;19:2688-92.
16. Chawla R, Sahoo U, Arora A, Sharma PC, Radhakrishnan V. Microwave assisted synthesis of some novel 2-pyrazoline derivatives as possible antimicrobial agents. Acta Polo Pharm Drug Res 2010;67:55-61.
17. Sivakumar PM, Ganesan S, Veluchamy P, Doble M. Novel chalcones and 1, 3, 5?triphenyl?2?pyrazoline derivatives as antibacterial agents. Chem Bio Drug Des 2010;76:407-11.
18. Venkataraman S, Jain S, Shah K, Upmanyu N. Synthesis and biological activity of some novel pyrazolines. Acta Polo Pharma Drug Res 2010;67:361-6.
19. Sakthinathan SP, Vanangamudi G, Thirunarayanan G. Synthesis, spectral studies and antimicrobial activities of some 2-naphthyl pyrazoline derivatives. Spectrochim Acta Part A 2012;95:693-700.
20. Shah SS, Patel PS. Synthesis and biological activity of some novel phenyl pyrazoline derivatives. Chem Sci Trans 2012;1:632-7.
21. Rani M, Yusuf M, Khan SA. Synthesis and in the vitro-antibacterial activity of [5-(furan-2-yl)-phenyl]-4,5-carbothioamide-pyrazolines. J Saudi Chem Soc 2012;16:431–6.
22. Dipankar B, Paneerselvam P, Asish B. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activities of some 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2012;5:42-6.
23. Hassan SY. Synthesis, antibacterial and antifungal activity of some new pyrazoline and pyrazole derivatives. Molecules 2013;18:2683–711.
24. Nosrat BS, Mahmoodi O, Mamaghani M. Facile regioselective synthesis of novel bioactive thiazolyl-pyrazoline derivatives via a three-component reaction and their antimicrobial activity. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2013;23:548-51.
25. Rani M, Mohamad Y. Synthesis, studies and in vitro antibacterial activity of some 5-(thiophene-2-yl)-phenyl pyrazoline derivatives. J Saudi Chem Soc 2014;18:411-7.
26. Vidhya KR, Shafi SS. Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial studies of novel 2-pyrazoline derivatives. Scholars Res Library Pharm Chem 2014;6:283-7.
27. Desai KG, Naik JI, Jignesh P, Raval JP, Desai KR. Microwave-induced and conventional heterocyclic synthesis: an antimicrobial entites of newer quinazolinyl-?2-pyrazolines. Arabian J Chem 2014;7:597-603.
28. Bhat KI, Jainey PJ. Cytotoxic and antimicrobial studies of some substituted pyrazoline derivatives derived from acetyl hydrazines. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014;7:237-9.
29. Viveka S, Sharma D, Nagaraja P, Ballav GK, Kerkar S. Design and synthesis of some new pyrazolyl-pyrazolines as potential anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antibacterial agents. Eur J Med Chem 2015;101:442-5.
30. Alam MS, Bano S, Javed K, Dudeja M, Dhulap A. Synthesis, biological evaluation and molecular docking of some substituted pyrazolines and isoxazolines as potential antimicrobial agents. Eur J Med Chem 2015;95:96-103.
31. Prajuli R, Banerjee J, Khanal H. Synthesis of some pyrazolone derivatives and evaluation of its antibacterial and cytotoxic activity. Orient J Chem 2015;31:2099-106.
32. Sulthana SS, Antony SA, Balachandran C, Shafi SS. Thiophene and benzodioxole appended thiazolyl-pyrazoline compounds: microwave-assisted synthesis, antimicrobial and molecular docking studies. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2015;25S:2753-7.
33. Alt?ntop MD, Ozdemir A, Zitouni GT, Ilg?n S, Kaplancikli ZA. A novel series of thiazolyl–pyrazoline derivatives: synthesis and evaluation of antifungal activity, cytotoxicity and genotoxicity. Eur J Med Chem 2015;92:342-52.
34. Indorkar D, Chourasia OP, Limaye SN. Synthesis and characterization of some new synthesis of 1-acetyl-3-(4-nitrophenyl)-5-(substituted phenyl) pyrazoline derivative and antimicrobial activity. Int J Curr Microbiol Appl Sci 2015;4:670-8.
35. Karangiya K, Upadhyay J. Synthesis and antimicrobial screening of new pyrazolines derived from chalcones of vanillin analog. Int J Pharm Sci Drug Res 2016;8:98-102.
36. Ahmad A, Husain A, Khan SA, Mujeeb M, Bhandari A. Synthesis, antimicrobial and antitubercular activities of some novel pyrazoline derivatives. J Saudi Chem Soc 2016;20:577–84.
37. Muneera MS, Joseph J. Design, synthesis, structural elucidation, pharmacological evaluation of metal complexes with pyrazoline derivatives. J Photochem Photobiol B 2016;163:57-68.
38. Sid A, Messai A, Parlak C, Kazanci N, Keasan G, Rhyman L, et al. 1-Formyl-3-phenyl-5-(4-isopropylphenyl)-2-pyrazoline: synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial activity and DFT studies. J Mol Struct 2016;1121:46-53.
39. Patel NB, Sheikh FM, Patel HR, Rajani D. Synthesis of 2-pyrazolines from pyridine based chalcones by conventional and microwave-assisted techniques: their comparison and anti-microbial studies. J Saudi Chem Soc 2016;20:451–6.
40. Shamsuzzaman KH, Dar AM, Siddiqui N, Rehman S. Synthesis, characterization, antimicrobial and anticancer studies of new steroidal pyrazolines. J Saudi Chem Soc 2016;20:7-12.
41. Karad SC, Purohit VB, Thakor P, Vasudev P, Thakkar R, Raval DK. Novel morpholinoquinoline nucleus clubbed with pyrazoline scaffolds: synthesis, antibacterial, anti-tubercular and antimalarial activities. Eur J Med Chem 2016;112:270-9.
42. Shah TJ, Sudani BR, Desai VA. Correlation of two pyrazoline moiety in a single molecule via N-linkage containing fluorine atom as a substituent and their biological significance. Int J Curr Pharm Res 2016;8:28-31.
43. Desai NC, Patel BY, Dave BP. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel quinoline derivatives bearing pyrazoline and pyridine analogues. Med Chem Res 2017;26:109-17.
44. Mishra VK, Mishra M, Kashaw V, Sushil K. Kashaw SK. Synthesis of 1,3,5-trisubstituted pyrazolines as potential antimalarial and antimicrobial agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2017;25:1949-62.
45. Rashmi S, Ajay MC. Microwave-assisted synthesis of some substituted 2-pyrazoline–a green approach. Int J Adv Res 2017;5:342-6.
46. Sadashiva R, Naral D, Kudva J, Kumar SM, Kumsi M. Synthesis, structure, characterization, in vitro and in silico biological evaluation of a new series of thiazole nucleus integrated with pyrazoline scaffolds. J Mol Struct 2017;1145:18-31.
47. Umadevi R. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of chalcones and pyrazolines. Int J Pharm Chem 2017;7:115-20.
48. Kumarswami D, Prashanth D. Synthesis and evaluation of pyrazoline derivatives as antibacterial agents. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2017;7:84-93.
49. Yusuf M, Solanki I. Synthesis and antimicrobial studies of furyl based new bispyrazolines linked via aliphatic chains. J Saudi Chem Soc 2017;21:251-61.
50. Burmidjiza A, Muskinja J, Ratkovic Z, Kosanic M, Rankovic B, Novakovic SB. Pyrazoline derivatives of acryloyl substituted ferrocenyl ketones: synthesis, antimicrobial activity and structural properties. Inorg Chem Acta 2018;471:570-6.
51. Slilveri S, Basaboina N, Vamaraju HB, Raj S. Design, synthesis, molecular docking, ADMET studies and biological evaluation of pyrazoline incorporated 1,2,3 triazole benzene sulphonamides. Int J Pharm Pharma Sci 2019;11:6-15.
52. Asad M, Arshad MN, Khan SA, Ataualpa MO, Braga AC. Cyclization of chalcones into N-propionyl pyrazolines for their single-crystal X-ray, computational and antibacterial studies. J Mol Struct 2020;120:127-6.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.