SYNTHESIS AND DOCKING STUDIES OF 2-(NITROOXY)-ETHYL-2-(SUBSTITUTED-2,5-DIPHENYL-OXAZOLE)-ACETATE AS ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AGENTS WITH ANALGESIC AND NITRIC OXIDE RELEASING PROPERTIES
Objective: The objective of the reported study was to develop new chemical entities as potential anti-inflammatory agents with analgesic and nitric oxide releasing properties.
Methods: The compounds were designed with the help of docking studies. In the synthetic study the target compounds were obtained by reacting 2-(substituted-2,5-diphenyl-oxazole)-acetic acid (2a-2v) with nitro-oxy ethyl bromide in the presence of dimethyl formamide and potassium carbonate to give 2-(nitrooxy) ethyl 2-(substituted-2,5-diphenyl-oxazole) acetate derivatives (3a-3v). The synthesized derivatives were characterized with the help of different analytical techniques and further evaluated for anti-inflammatory, analgesic and nitric oxide releasing activity.
Results: With the help of docking study it was proven that compounds 3a, 3c, 3g, 3l and 3r showed significant G-score. In the anti-inflammatory and analgesic study also, compounds 3a, 3c, 3g, 3l and 3r exhibited promising activity. All the synthesized compounds exhibited significant nitric oxide releasing properties both in-vitro and in-vivo.
Conclusion: Compounds 3a, 3c, 3g, 3l and 3r exhibited prominent anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity.
2. Bias P, Buchner A, Klesser B, Laufer S. The gastrointestinal tolerability of the LOX/COX inhibitor, licofelone, is similar to placebo and superior to naproxen therapy in healthy volunteers: results from a randomized, controlled trial. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:611-8.
3. Doggrell SA. The safety of lumiracoxib when used in the treatment of arthritis. Expert Opin Pharmacother 2005;6:347-50.
4. Velazquez C, Rao PNP, McDonald R, Knaus EE. Synthesis and biological evaluation of 3,4-diphenyl-1,2,5-oxadiazole-2-oxides and 3,4-diphenyl-1,2,5-oxadiazoles as potential hybrid COX-2 inhibitor/nitric oxide donor agents. Bioorg Med Chem 2005;13:2749-57.
5. Liu XH, Lv PC, Xue JY, Song BA, Zhu HL. Novel 2,4,5-trisubstituted oxazole derivatives: Synthesis and antiproliferative activity. Eur J Med Chem 2009;44:3930-5.
6. Conti P, Dallanoce C, Amici MD, Micheli CD, Klotz KN. Synthesis of new Î”2-isoxazoline derivatives and their pharmacological characterization as Î²-adrenergic receptor antagonists. Bioorg Med Chem 1998;6:401-8.
7. Kang YY, Shin KJ, Yoo KH, Seo KJ, Hong CY, Lee CS, et al. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of new carbapenems containing isoxazole moiety. Bioorg Med Chem Lett 2010;10:95-9.
8. Shan R, Velazquez C, Knaus EE. Syntheses, Calcium channel agonistâˆ’antagonist modulation activities and nitric oxide release studies of nitrooxyalkyl 1,4-Dihydro-2,6-dimethyl-3-nitro-4-(2,1,3-benzoxadiazol-4-yl)pyridine-5-carboxylate racemates, Enantiomers, and Diastereomers. J Med Chem 2004;47:254-61.
9. Wan C, Zhang J, Wang S, Fan J, Wang Z. Facile synthesis of polysubstituted oxazoles via a copper-catalyzed tandem oxidative cyclization. Org Lett 2010;12:2338-41.
10. Friesner RA, Murphy RB, Repasky MP, Frye LL, Greenwood JR, Halgren TA, et al. Extra precision glide: docking and scoring incorporating a model of hydrophobic enclosure for protein-ligand complexes. J Med Chem 2006;49:6177-96.