STUDY OF STRUCTURAL AND OPTICAL PROPERTIES ZN1-XCRXO (X= 0.00 & 0.02) THIN FILMS DEPOSITED BY SPRAY PYROLYSIS ROUTE
Objective: The High quality with low economical cost thin films has become a global need. Zn1-xCrxO (x= 0.00 & 0.02) thin film has been deposited on glass substrate by simple chemical spray pyrolysis route.
Materials and Methods:The structural and optical properties Zn1-xCrxO (x= 0.00 & 0.02) film were studied by using x-ray diffraction (XRD) pattern and UV-Visible spectra. The structural parameters such as lattice constant (a & c), strain and dislocation density was also calculated by analyzing xray diffraction pattern
Results:The entire x-ray diffraction peaks confirm that the Zn1-xCrxO films have polycrystalline nature with hexagonal (wurtzite) crystal structure. The mean crystalline size was determined by Debye-Scherrer formula. The crystallite size was found to be 32nm and 22nm for x=0.00 and x=0.02 respectively. The transmittance spectra reveal that all the films have high transmittance (higher than 80%) in the range of visible and near to the infrared wavelength region. There was decreasing band gap with Cr (x=0.02) doping concentration.
Conclusion: Structural and optical properties reveal that films are of good quality that are suitable for several applications.
2. Z Shaban, MHM Ara, S Falahatdoost, N Ghazyani, Optimization of ZnO thin film through spray pyrolysis technique and its application as a blocking layer to improving dye sensitized solar cell efficiency Current Applied Physics 16 (2),2016, 131-134
3. N.H. Al-Hardan, M.J. Abdullah, A. Abdul Aziz, Performance of Crdoped ZnO for acetone sensing,Applied Surface Science 270
(2013) 480– 485.
4. Pankaj S. Kolhe, Alpana B. Shinde, S.G. Kulkarni, Namita Maiti , Pankaj M. Koinkar ,Kishor M. Sonawane,Gas sensing performance of Al doped ZnO thin film for H2S detection,Journal of Alloys and Compounds 748 (2018) 6-11.
5. S.J. Pearton, D.P. Norton, Y.W. Heo,l.C. Tien, M.P. Ivill, Y. Li, B.S.
Kang, F. Ren, J. Kelly, and A.F. Hebard,ZnO spintronics and
nanowire devices, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol. 35, No. 5, (2006),862-868.
6. Z.C. Tu, X. Hu, Elasticity and piezoelectricity of zinc oxide crystals, single layers, and possible single-walled nanotubes,Phys. Rev. B 74 (2006) 035434.
7. JS Jang, J Kim, U Ghorpade, HH Shin, MG Gang, SD Park, HJ Kim ,Comparison study of ZnO-based quaternary TCO materials for photovoltaic application Journal of Alloys and Compounds 793, (2019),499-504
8. Sonik Bhatia, Neha Verma, and Munish Aggarwal,Thermal, optical and gas sensing properties of ZnO films prepared by different techniques,Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 81, 10101 (2018).
9. D. C. Agarwal, R. S. Chauhan, Amit Kumar, D. Kabiraj, F. Singh,Synthesis and characterization of ZnO thin film grown by electron beam evaporation, Journal Of Applied Physics 99, 123105 (2006).
10. Chunqiao Ge, Changsheng Xie, Shuizhou Cai,Preparation and gassensing properties of Ce-doped ZnO thin-film sensors by dipcoating, Materials Science and Engineering B 137 (2007) 53–58.
11. Shahin. K. Shaikh, Sumayya. I. Inamdar, Vinayak.V. Ganbavle, Kesu. Y. Rajpure,Chemical bath deposited ZnO thin film based UV photoconductive detector,Journal of Alloys and Compounds Volume 664, 2016, Pages 242-249
12. P.P. Sahay, R.K. Nath,Al-doped ZnO thin films as methanol sensorsSensors and Actuators B 134 (2008) 654–659.
13. Vithoba L. Patil, Sharadrao A. Vanalakar, Pramod S. Patil, Jin H. Kim,Fabrication of nanostructured ZnO thin films based NO2 gas sensor via SILAR technique, Sensors and Actuators B 239 (2017) 1185–1193.
14. S. Y?lmaz, M. Parlak, S. Ozcanc, M. Altunbas, E. McGlynn, E. Bacaks?z ,Structural, optical and magnetic properties of Cr doped ZnO microrods prepared by spray pyrolysis method, Applied Surface Science 257 (2011) 9293– 9298.
15. A Nakrela, N Benramdane, A Bouzidi, Z Kebbab, M Medles, C Mathieu Site location of Al-dopant in ZnO lattice by exploiting the structural and optical characterisation of ZnO: Al thin films Results in physics 6, (2016),133-138 .
16. Y.M. Hu, Y.T. Chen, Z.X. Zhong, C.C. Yu, G.J. Chen, P.Z. Huang, W.Y. Chou, J. Chang, C.R. Wang,The morphology and optical properties of Cr-doped ZnO films grown using the magnetron co-sputtering method, Appl. Surf. Sci. 254 (2008) 3873.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.