ANTIMICROBIAL ACTIVITIES OF LANTANA CAMARA LINN.
Herbal drugs are the potential sources of therapeutic aid for the treatment and prevention of number of ailments as recognized very early by Ayurveda,
Unani, and traditional folk - medical practitioners. The rich biodiversity of plants makes them a treasure house for obtaining new and novel compounds
either themselves as drugs or lead molecules for drugs with different mechanisms of action. Lantana camara L. belonging to the family Verbenaceae
and universally known as wild or red sage is the most widespread species of the genus. It occurs in most parts of the world as an evergreen notorious
weed species. It is also considered as an ornamental garden plant. It is widely used in different traditional medical practices for treating various health
problems. Different parts of the plant are used in treating various human ailments. The plant extracts and essential oil of L. camara possess various
bioactivities including antimicrobial activities. The therapeutic potential of the plant is due to the occurrence of many bioactive phytocompounds. In
last decade, scientists and researchers around the globe have elaborately studied the chemical composition of the whole plant of L. camara as well as
its biological activities. This article reviews the antimicrobial activities of L. camara.
Keywords: Antimicrobial activities, Essential oils, Nanoparticles, Lantana camara, Solvent extracts.
1. Ashwini S, Girish K. Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activity of methanolic leaf extract of Coleus aromaticus Benth. Int J Res Pharm Sci 2014;5(4):270-4.
2. Swamy MK, Sinniah UR, Akhtar MS. In vitro pharmacological activities and GC-MS analysis of different solvent extracts of Lantana camara leaves collected from tropical region of Malaysia. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2015;2015:506413.
3. Sharma B, Kumar P. Bioefficacy of Lantana camara L. Against Some Human Pathogens. Indian J Pharm Sci 2009;71(5):589-93.
4. Srinivasahan V, Durairaj B. Antioxidant and free radical scavenging effect of Morinda citrifolia fruit extract. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6(4):55-9.
5. Girish K. Antimicrobial activities of Coleus aromaticus Benth. J Pharm Res 2016;10(10):635-46.
6. Santos PR, Oliveira AC, Tomassini TC. Controle microbiogico de productous fitoterapicos. Rev Farm Bioquim 1995;31:35-8.
7. Ross IA. Medicinal Plants of the World: Chemical Constituents, Traditional and Modern Medicinal Uses. 2nd ed. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press Inc.; 2001. p. 289-90.
8. Ghisalberti EL. Lantana camara L. (Verbenaceae). Fitoterapia 2000;71:467-86.
9. Lonare MK, Sharma M, Hajare SW, Borekar VI. Lantana camara: Overview on toxic to potent medicinal properties. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012;3(9):3031-5.
10. Sharma P, Shrivastava B, Sharma GN, Jadhav HR. Phytochemical and pharmacological profile of Lanata camara: An overview. J Adv Pharm Educ Res 2013;3(4):294-305.
11. Samy RP, Pushparaj PN, Gopalakrishnakone P. A compilation of bioactive compounds from Ayurveda. Bioinformation 2008;3(3):100-10.
12. Patel S. A weed with multiple utility: Lantana camara. Rev Environ Sci Biotechnol 2011;10(4):341-51.
13. Ganjewala D, Sam S, Khan KH. Biochemical compositions and antibactericidal activities of Lantana camara plants with yellow, lavender and white flower. Eur Asian J Biosci 2009;3(10):69-77.
14. Priya K, Ganjewala D. Antibacterial activities and phytochemical analysis of different plant parts of Nyctanthes arbor-tristis L. Res J Phytochem 2007;1:61-7.
15. Sousa EO, Almedia TS, Menez IR, Rodriguez FF, Campos AR, Lima SG, et al. Chemical composition of essential oils of Lantana camara L. (Verbenacea) and synergistic effect of aminoglycosides gentamicin and amikacin. Rec Nat Prod 2012;6(2):144-50.
16. Alves TM, Silva AF, BrandÃ£o M, Grandi TS, SmÃ¢nia E, SmÃ¢nia JÃºnior A, et al. Biological screening of Brazilian medicinal plants. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 2000;95:367-73.
17. Sukul S, Chaudhuri S. Antibacterial natural products from leaves of Lantana camara L. Indian J Pharm Sci 2001;63:20-3.
Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 10, Issue 3, 2017, 57-67
18. Basu S, Ghosh A, Hazra B. Evaluation of the antibacterial activity of Ventilago madraspatana Gaertn. Rubia cordifolia Linn. and Lantana camara Linn: Isolation of emodin and physcion as active antibacterial agents. Phytother Res 2005;19(10):888-94.
19. Kumar VP, Chauhan NS, Padh H, Rajani M. Search for antibacterial and antifungal agents from selected Indian medicinal plants. J Ethnopharmacol 2006;107(2):182-8.
20. Begum S, Wahab A, Siddiqui BS. Antimycobacterial activity of flavonoids from Lantana camara Linn. Nat Prod Res 2008;22(6):467-70.
21. Badakhshan MP, Sasidharan S, Rameshwar NJ, Ramanathan S. A comparative study: Antimicrobial activity of methanol extracts of Lantana camara various parts. Pharmacogn Res 2009;1(6):348-51.
22. Kirimuhuzya C, Waako P, Joloba M, Odyek O. The anti-mycobacterial activity of Lantana camara a plant traditionally used to treat symptoms of tuberculosis in South-Western Uganda. Afr Health Sci 2009;9(1):40-5.
23. Vaidya GS, Bhattarai N. Antagonistic study of Lantana camara (Linn) against with pathogenic bacteria. Sci World 2009;7(7):64-7.
24. Barreto F, Sousa E, Campos A, Costa J, Rodrigues F. Antibacterial activity of Lantana camara Linn and Lantana montevidensis brig extracts from cariri-cearÃ¡, Brazil. J Young Pharm 2010;2(1):42-4.
25. Gupta RN, Viswas K, Pathak M, Singh PS, Gupta A. Antibacterial activities of ethanolic extracts of plants used in folk medicine. Int J Res Ayurveda Pharm 2010;1(2):529-35.
26. Mani LM, Sankar C, Dilip C, Azeem AK, Raj D, Mathew L, et al. Antimicrobial studies on extracts of Lantana camara. Linn. Der Pharm Lett 2010;2(5):80-2.
27. Vardhana SH. Antibacterial activity of root of Lantana camera Linn. Pharmacol Online 2011;2:1427-30.
28. Kalyani L, Rao AL, Mishra US. Antibacterial and analgesic activity of leaves of Lantana camara. Int J Phytomed 2011;3:381-5.
29. Mary KV. Studies on phytochemical screening and antibacterial activities of Lantana camara Linn. Plant Sci Feed 2011;1(5):74-9.
30. Mohapatra TK, Dash V, Behera SK, Parida B, Sahoo AM, Nayak RR, et al. Evaluation of anthelmintic and antimicrobial activity of the leaves of Lantana camara. Int Res J Pharm Sci 2011;2(1):10-3.
31. Saraf A, Quereshi S, Sharma K, Khan NA. Antimicrobial activity of Lantana camara L. J. Exp Sci 2011;2(10):50-4.
32. Sathish R, Vyawahare B, Natarajan K. Antiulcerogenic activity of Lantana camara leaves on gastric and duodenal ulcers in experimental rats. J Ethnopharmacol 2011;134(1):195-7.
33. Agrawal MK, Varma A, Goyal S. Antibacterial screening of extract of the leaves of Lantana camara. Indian J Life Sci 2012;1(2):97-9.
34. Bangou MJ, Almaraz-Abarca N, MÃ©da NT, Zeba B, KiendrebÃ©ogo M, Millogo-Rasolodimby J, et al. Polyphenolic composition of Lantana camara and Lippia chevalieri, and their antioxidant and antimicrobial activities. Int J Phytomed 2012;4:115-24.
35. Mushatq S, Haider MS, Ali A, Javed S, Khokhar I, Mukhtar I. In vitro comparative screening of antibacterial and antifungal activities of some common weeds extracts. Pak J Weed Sci Res 2012;18(1):15-25.
36. Nagumanthri V, Rahiman S, Tantry BA, Nissankararao P, Kumar MP. In vitro Antimicrobial activity of Acacia nilotica, Ziziphus mauritiana, Bauhinia variegate and Lantana camara against some clinical isolated strains. Iran J Sci Technol 2012;A2:213-17.
37. Orhan DD, Ozcelik B, HoÅŸbaÅŸ S, Vural M. Assessment of antioxidant, antibacterial, antimycobacterial, and antifungal activities of some plants used as folk remedies in Turkey against dermatophytes and yeast-like fungi. Turk J Biol 2012;36:672-86.
38. Pradhan RR, Kumar HD, Saswati S. Pharmacognostical, phytochemical and antimicrobial studies on the leaves of Lantana camara Linn. Der Pharm Lett 2012;4(6):1648-56.
39. Wadhai VS. Antibacterial activity of and comparative phytochemicals analysis of flower and leaves of Lantana camara. Bionano Front 2012;5(2-III):143-5.
40. Yasmeen R, Hashmi AS, Anjum AA, Saeed S, Muhammad K. Antibacterial activity of indigenous herbal extracts against urease producing bacteria. J Anim Plant Sci 2012;22(2):416-9.
41. Ashwini S, Anisa SK, Girish K. Phytochemical screening and antibacterial activity of methanolic leaf extracts of Lantana camara L. JSSCM J 2013;2:15-9.
42. Manzoor M, Anwar F, Sultana B, Mushtaq M. Variation in antioxidant and antimicrobial activities in Lantana camara L. Flowers in relation to extraction methods. Acta Sci Pol Technol Aliment 2013;12(3):283-94.
43. Naz R, Bano A. Phytochemical screening, antioxidants and antimicrobial potential of Lantana camara in different solvents. Asian Pac J Trop Dis 2013;3(6):480-6.
44. Obinna O, John A, Peter OO. The effect of extraction protocol on the phytochemical and antimicrobial activities of Lantana camara leaf extract found within a local environment. J Basic Appl Chem 2013;3(1):5-10.
45. Pawar K, Khetmalas S, Motkar B, Bande R, Wable H. Antimicrobial activity of Lantana camara (L) Var. Aculeata (L) Mold. (Verbanaceae). Indo Am J Pharm Res 2013;3(4):3284-94.
46. Pradeep BV, Tejaswini M, Nishal P, Pardhu G, Shylaja S, Kumar KC. Phytochemical screening and antimicrobial activities of plant extract of Lantana camara. J Environ Biol 2013;34(3):645-9.
47. Remya M, Vashum N, Sivasankar S. Bioactivity studies on Lantana camara Linn. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2013;4(1):81-90.
48. Rizvi ZF, Mukhtar R, Chaudhary MF, Zia M. Antibacterial and antifungal activities of Lawsonia inermis, Lantana camara and Swertia angustifolia. Pak J Bot 2013;45(1):275-8.
49. Amutha S. Phytochemical investigation and in vitro evaluation of Lantana camara seed extracts on selected human pathogenic bacteria. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2014;5(4):416-21.
50. Inbaraj SD, Menezes G, Josephine IG, Muniappan M, Muthiah NS. Antibacterial effect of Lantana camara Linn. On gram negative bacteria and NDM-1 strain: An in vitro study. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014;7(2):9-12.
51. Mariajancyrani, Chandramohan, Ravikumar. Terpenes and antimicrobial activity from Lantana camara leaves. Res J Recent Sci 2014;3(9):52-5.
52. Prakash NK, Bhuvaneswari S, Sripriya N, Arulmozhi R, Kavitha K, Aravitha R, et al. Studies on phytochemistry, antioxidant, antibacterial, larvicidal and pesticidal activities of aromatic plants from Yelagiri hills. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6(5):325-8.
53. Sousa EO, Rodrigues FF, Campos AR, da Costa JG. Phytochemical analysis and modulation in aminoglycosides antibiotics activity by Lantana camara L. Acta Sci Biol Sci 2015;37(2):213-8.
54. Jhariya S. Antibacterial activity of root bark of Lantana camara. Int J Chem Pharm Anal 2016;3(3). Available from: http://www.pmindexing.com/journals/index.php/IJCPA/article/view/1012.
55. Jhariya S, Kakkar A. Evaluation of antibacterial activity of successive extract of Lantana camara flower. J Pharm Res 2016;10(8):534-6.
56. Deena MJ, Thoppil JE. Antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Lantana camara. Fitoterapia 2000;71(4):453-5.
57. Kasali AA, Ekundayo O, Oyedeji AO, Adeniyi BA, Adeolu EO. Antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Lantana camara (L.) Leaves. J Essent Oil Bear Plant 2002;5:108-10.
58. Dharmagada VS, Tandonb M, Vasudevan P. Biocidal activity of the essential oils of Lantana camara, Ocimum sanctum and Tagetes patula. J Sci Ind Res 2005;64:53-6.
59. Sonibare OO, Effiong I. Antibacterial activity and cytotoxicity of essential oil of Lantana camara L. Leaves from Nigeria. Afr J Biotechnol 2008;7(15):2618-20.
60. Costa JG, Sousa EO, Rodrigues FF, Lima SG, Braz-Filho R. Chemical composition, evaluation of antibacterial activity and toxicity of the essential oils from Lantana camara L. and Lantana sp. Braz J Pharmacogn 2009;19:721-5.
61. Kurade NP, Jaitak V, Kaul VK, Sharma OP. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils of Lantana camara, Ageratum houstonianum and Eupatorium adenophorum. Pharm Biol 2010;48(5):539-44.
62. Pattnaik S, Pattnaik B. A study of Lantana camara Linn. Aromatic oil as an antibacterial agent. Int Res J Pharm Sci 2010;1:32-5.
63. Sousa EO, Silva NF, Rodrigues FF, Campos AR, Lima SG, Costa JG. Chemical composition and resistance-modifying effect of the essential oil of Lantana camara Linn. Pharmacogn Mag 2010;6(22):79-82.
64. Dubey M, Sharma S, Sengar R, Bhadauria S, Gautam RK. In vitro antibacterial activity of Lantana camara leaves hydrosol. J Pharm Res 2011;4(11):3972-4.
65. Montanari RM, Barbosa LC, Silva AJ, Andrade LS. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oils from Verbenaceae species: Alternative sources of (E)-caryophyllene and germacrene-D. Quim Nova 2011;34(9):1550-5.
66. Saikai AK, Sahoo RK. Chemical composition and antibacterial activity of essential oil of Lantana camara L. Middle-East J Sci Res 2011;8(3):599-602.
67. Elansary HO, Salem MZ, Ashmawy NA, Yacout MM. Chemical composition, antibacterial and antioxidant activities of leaves essential oils from Syzygium cumini L., Cupressus sempervirens L. And Lantana camara L. from Egypt. J Agric Sci 2012;4(10):144-52.
68. El Baroty GS, Goda HM, Khalifa EA, El Baky HH. Antimicrobial and antioxidant activities of leaves and flowers essential oils of Egyptian
Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 10, Issue 3, 2017, 57-67
Lantana camara L. Der Pharm Chem 2014;6(6):246-55.
69. Filho AA, Santos RC, Filho WB, Ferraz VP, Takahashi JA. Antibacterial and antifungal activity of essential oil of flowers of Lantana camara in Roraima, Brazil. Planta Med 2014;80(LP65). DOI: 10.1055/s-0034-1395103.
70. Machado RR, Dutra RC, Pittella F, Raposo NR, Lesche B, Duarte RS, et al. Screening antimycobacterial activity of Baccharis dracunculifolia, Centella asiatica, Lantana camara and Pterodon emarginatus. Rev Braz Plant Med Camp 2015;17(4):891-9.
71. Salada JT, Balala LM, Vasquez EA. Phytochemical and antibacterial studies of Lantana camara L. Leaf fraction and essential oil. Int J Sci Res Publ 2015;5(3):1-5.
72. Sivakumar P, Nethradevi C, Renganathan S. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Lantana camara fruit extract and its effect on pathogens. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2012;5(3):97-101.
73. Kumarasamyraja D, Jeganathan NS. Antimicrobial activity of bio synthesis silver nanoparticles prepared from the leaf extract of Lantana camara. Int Res J Pharm 2013;4(5):203-7.
74. Devi PR, Thilaga RD, Lakshmanan G, Babu C. Synthesis of silver nanoparticles from some selective plant seeds. Int J Res Pharm Sci 2014;5(3):30-2.
75. Verma V, Balasubramanian K. Experimental and theoretical investigations of Lantana camara oil diffusion from polyacrylonitrile membrane for pulsatile drug delivery system. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 2014;41:292-300.
76. Ajitha B, Ashok Kumar Reddy Y, Shameer S, Rajesh KM, Suneetha Y, Sreedhara Reddy P. Lantana camara leaf extract mediated silver nanoparticles: Antibacterial, green catalyst. J Photochem Photobiol B 2015;149:84-92.
77. Kumari A, Guliani A, Singla R, Yadav R, Yadav SK. Silver nanoparticles synthesised using plant extracts show strong antibacterial activity. IET Nanobiotechnol 2015;9(3):142-52.
78. Neeraja C, Begum SF, Rajesh G. Preparation of composites and evaluation of antibacterial efficacy. Int J Curr Adv Res 2015;4(11):478-81.
79. Devi PR, Lakshmanan G, Thilaga RD. Antimicrobial active silver nano particle synthesis from Lantana camara seed extract. Int J Pharm Res Dev 2015;7(5):39-43.
80. Singh PK, Bhardwaj K, Dubey P, Prabhune A. UV-assisted size sampling and sntibacterial screening of Lantana camara leaf extract synthesized silver nanoparticles. RSC Adv 2015;5:24513-20.
81. Nisha HB, Iswarya S, Kavitha V, Mandal AB, Gnanamani A. Anti-Aspergillus activity of Lantana camara Linn. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2014;5(10):4320-4.
82. Tripathi AK, Shukla BN. Antifungal activity of some plant extracts against Fusarium oxysporum sp. Causing wilt of linseed. J Mycol Plant Pathol 2002;32:266-7.
83. Patel SJ, Venugopalan N, Pradeep S. Screening for antimicrobial activity of weeds. Internet J Microbiol 2007;4(1). Available from: http://www.ispub.com/IJMB/4/1/3588.
84. Bokhari FM. Antifungal activity of some medicinal plants used in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Mycopath 2009;7(1):51-7.
85. Mdee LK, Masoko P, Eloff JN. The activity of extracts of seven common invasive plant species on fungal phytopathogens. South Afr J Bot 2009;75:375-9.
86. Sharma B, Kumar P. In vitro antifungal potency of some plant extract against Fusarium oxysporum. Int J Green Pharm 2009;3(1):63-5.
87. Tripathi S, Rawat K, Swati D, Himani P. Potential of Lantana camara Linn. Weed against wood destroying fungi. Indian Forest 2009;135(3):403-11.
88. Vadlapudi V, Naidu CK. In vitro bioactivity of Indian medicinal plants Lantana camara and Mimosa pudica against important pathogens. Ann Biol Res 2010;1(1):98-101.
89. Kuri SK, Islam MR, Mondal U. Antifungal potentiality of some botanical extracts against important seedborne fungal pathogen associated with brinjal seeds, Solanum melongena L. J Agric Technol 2011;7(4):1139-53.
90. Mostafa AA, Al-Rahmah AN, Abdel-Megeed A. Evaluation of some plant extracts for their antifungal and antiaflatoxigenic activities. J Med Plant Res 2011;5(17):4231-8.
91. Pardo AK, Arenas JJ, GÃ³mez M, Lora FM, GÃ³mez JE. Determination of antifungal activity of extracts of Lantana camara against Candida spp. Infect 2011;15(4):235-42.
92. Srivastava D, Singh P. Antifungal potential of two common weeds against plant pathogenic fungi-Alternaria sps. Asian J Exp Biol Sci 2011;2(3):525-8.
93. Gujar J, Talwankar D. Antifungal potential of crude plant extract on some pathogenic fungi. World J Sci Technol 2012;2:58-62.
94. Singh P, Srivastava D. Biofungicidal or biocontrol activity of Lantana camara against phytopathogenic Alternaria alternata. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2012;3(12):4818-21.
95. Al-Rahmah AN, Mostafa AA, Abdel-Megeed A, Yakout SM, Hussein SA. Fungicidal activities of certain methanolic plant extracts against tomato phytopathogenic fungi. Afr J Microbiol Res 2013;7(6):517-24.
96. Jeyasakthy S, Jeyadevan JP, Thavaranjit AC, Manoranjan T, Srikaran R, Krishnapillai N. Antifungal activity and qualitative phytochemical analysis of extracts obtained by sequential extraction of some medicinal plants in Jaffna Peninsula. Arch Appli Sci Res 2013;5(6):214-21.
97. Mandloi S, Varughese B, Mishra R, Varma R, Khan SS. Antifungal efficacy of Lantana camara L. Leaf extracts against some fungi. Nanobiotech Univ 2013;4:13-9.
98. Oyourou JN, Combrinck S, Regnier T, Marston A. Purification, stability and antifungal activity of verbascoside from Lippia javanica and Lantana camara leaf extracts. Ind Crops Prod 2013;43:820-6.
99. Gobika A, Jeyadevan JP, Thavaranjit AC, Manoranjan T. Investigation of Antifungal Properties of Lantana camara Stem Bark Extract and its Bioassay Guided Fractionation Proceedings of Jaffna University International Research Conference (JUICE 2014); University of Jaffna; 2014. p. 365-9.
100. Sailaja I. Antifungal activity of some wild plant extracts against fungal pathogens. Int J Integr Med Sci 2014;1(2):41-4.
101. Singh G, Gupta S, Sharma N. In vitro screening of selected plant extracts against Alternaria alternate. J Exp Biol Agric Sci 2014;2(3):344-51.
102. Das L, Godbole S. Antifungal and phytochemical analysis of Lantana Camara, Citrus Limonum (Lemon), Azadirachta Indica (Neem) and Hibiscus rosasinensis (China Rose). J Pharm Res 2015;9(7):476-9.
103. Deressa T, Lemessa F, Wakjira M. Antifungal activity of some invasive alien plant leaf extracts against mango (Mangifera indica) anthracnose caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides. Int J Pest Manag 2015;61(2). Available from: http://www.dx.doi.org/10.1080/09670874.2015.1016135.
104. Prasad RR, Anamika A. Effects of plant leaf extract against Colletotrichum gloeosporioides (Penz) Sac. Causing post-harvest disease of papaya. J Agric Sci 2015;7(5):195-8.
105. Prabha S, Bapat UC, Kumar J. Antifungal activity of ethanolic and petroleum ether extracts of some medicinal plants against the plant pathogenic fungus Sclerotium rolfsii Sacc. Int J Bioassays 2016;5(7):4714-9.
106. Boughalleb N, DÃ©bbabi N, Jannet HB, Mighri Z, El Mahjoub M. Antifungal activity of volatile components extracted from leaves, stems and flowers of four plants growing in Tunisia. Phytopathol Mediterr 2005;44:307-12.
107. Medeiros LB, Rocha MS, Lima SG, Sousa GR Jr, CitÃ³ AM, Silva D, et al. Chemical constituents and evaluation of cytotoxic and antifungal activity of Lantana camara essential oils. Braz J Pharmacogn 2012;22(6):1259-67.
108. Sharma D, Yami H, Sharma D, Shukla AK. Antifungal activities of essential oils from four commonly used ethno-medicinal plants. Asian J Ethnopharmacol Med Foods 2015;1(1):25-31.
109. Weenen H, Nkunya MH, Bray DH, Mwasumbi LB, Kinabo LS, Kilimali VA. Antimalarial activity of Tanzanian medicinal plants. Planta Med 1990;56(4):368-70.
110. Braga FG, Bouzada ML, Fabri RL, de O Matos M, Moreira FO, Scio E, et al. Antileishmanial and antifungal activity of plants used in traditional medicine in Brazil. J Ethnopharmacol 2007;111(2):396-402.
111. Jonville MC, Kodja H, Humeau L, Fournel J, De Mol P, Cao M, et al. Screening of medicinal plants from Reunion Island for antimalarial and cytotoxic activity. J Ethnopharmacol 2008;120(3):382-6.
112. Kamaraj C, Kaushik NK, Rahuman AA, Mohanakrishnan D, Bagavan A, Elango G, et al. Antimalarial activities of medicinal plants traditionally used in the villages of Dharmapuri regions of South India. J Ethnopharmacol 2012;141(3):796-802.
113. Ratsimbason M, Ranarivelo L, Juliani HR, Simon JE. Antiplasmodial activity of twenty essential oils from Malagasy aromatic plants. In: Juliani HR, Simon JE, Ho CT, editors. African Natural Plant Products: New Discoveries and Challenges in Chemistry and Quality. Washington, DC: American Chemical Society; 2009. p. 209-15.
114. Begum S, Ayub A, Qamar Zehra S, Shaheen Siddiqui B, Iqbal Choudhary M, Samreen. Leishmanicidal triterpenes from Lantana camara. Chem Biodivers 2014;11(5):709-18.
115. Machado RR, JÃºnior WV, Lesche B, Coimbra ES, de Souza NB, Abramo C, et al. Essential oil from leaves of Lantana camara:
Asian J Pharm Clin Res, Vol 10, Issue 3, 2017, 57-67
A potential source of medicine against leishmaniasis. Braz J Pharmacogn 2012;22(5):1011-7.
116. Barros LM, Duarte AE, Morais-Braga MF, Waczuk EP, Vega C, Leite NF, et al. Chemical Characterization and Trypanocidal, Leishmanicidal and Cytotoxicity Potential of Lantana camara L. (Verbenaceae) Essential Oil. Molecules 2016;21(2). pii:E209.
117. Chandel YS, Mehta PK. Nematicidal properties of leaf extract of wild sage (Lantana camara). Indian J Agric Sci 1990;60(11):781.
118. Begum S, Wahab A, Siddiqui BS, Qamar F. Nematicidal constituents of the aerial parts of Lantana camara. J Nat Prod 2000;63(6):765-7.
119. Ali NI, Siddiqui A, Zaki MJ, Shaukat SS. Nematicidal potential of Lantana camara against Meloidogyne javanica in mungbean. Nematol Mediterr 2001;29:99-102.
120. Shaukat S, Siddiqui I. Lantana camara in the soil changes the fungal community structure and reduces impact of Meloidogyne javanica on Mung bean. Phytopathol Mediterr 2001;40:245-52.
121. Shaukat SS, Siddiqui IA, Ali NI, Ali SA, Khan GH. Nematicidal and allelopathic responses of Lantana camara root extract. Phytopathol Mediterr 2003;42:71-8.
122. Patel AD, Patel DJ, Patel NB. Effect of aqueous leaf extracts of botanicals on egg hatching and larval penetration of Meloidogyne incognita in banana. Indian J Nematol 2004;34:37-9.
123. Qamar F, Begum S, Raza SM, Wahab A, Siddiqui BS. Nematicidal natural products from the aerial parts of Lantana camara Linn. Nat Prod Res 2005;19(6):609-13.
124. Begum S, Zehra SQ, Siddiqui BS, Fayyaz S, Ramzan M. Pentacyclic triterpenoids from the aerial parts of Lantana camara and their nematicidal activity. Chem Biodivers 2008;5:1856-66.
125. Ahmad F, Rather MA, Siddiqui MA. Nematicidal activity of leaf extracts from Lantana camara L. Against Meloidogyne incognita (Kofoid and White) Chitwood and its use to manage roots infection of Solanum melongena L. Braz Arch Biol Technol 2010;53(3):543-8.
126. Montasser SA, Abd-El-Wahab AE, Abd-Elgawad MM, Abd-El-Khair H, Koura FF, Hammam MM. Role of some plant extracts and organic manure in controlling Tylenchulus semipenetrans Cobb in vitro and in vivo in citrus. J Appl Sci Res 2012;8(11):5415-24.
127. Ahmad F, Siddiqui MA, Babalola OO. Characterization of nematicidal activity of plant residues and their application with moisture approach against Meloidogyne incognita in tomato. Afr J Agric Res 2013;8(1):93-101.
128. Ibrahim HS, Hamouda SE, El-Kady AM, Abd-Alla HI. Study the nematicidal efficiency of Corchorus olitorius, Cinnamomum camphora, Portulace oleraceae and Lantana camara extracted saponins and their formulations on root-knot nematodes Meloidogyne spp. Nat Sci 2014;12(11):40-5.
129. Begum S, Ayub A, Siddiqui BS, Fayyaz S, Kazi F. Nematicidal triterpenoids from Lantana camara. Chem Biodivers 2015;12:1435-42.
130. Ghimire G, Gupta R, Keshari AK. Nematicidal activity of Lantana Camara L. For control of root-knot nematodes. Nepalese J Zool 2015;3(1):1-5.
131. Balasubramanian G, Sarathi M, Kumar RS, Hameed SA. Screening the antiviral activity of Indian medicinal plants against white spot syndrome virus in shrimp. Aquaculture 2007;263:15-9.
132. Das S. Exploitation of antiviral activity of traditionally used medicinal plants. J Antivir Antiretrovir 2011;3. Available from: http://www.dx.doi.org/10.4172/1948-5964.S1.15
133. Kanagavalli R, Kumar MS, Vijayan P, Kumar MR, Kavitha K. In vitro studies on the antiviral property of Lantana camara root. Invent 2011. Available from: http://www.inventi.in/journal/article/impact/64/1019/pharm-biotech-microbio/pi.
134. Kanagavalli R, Kumar MS, Kumar MR, Kavitha K, Singh SD. In vitro studies on the antiviral property of Lantana Camara leaves extract. Asian J Biochem Pharm Res 2011;4(1):135-41.
135. Akumu EO, Anthoney ST, Ngule CM, Jackei KO, Miyogo E. Phytopharmacological evaluation of Lantana camara leaves smoke. Int J Pharm Bio Sci 2014;4(2):28-34.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.