EFFECT OF AMPICILLIN AND CHLORAMPHENICOL ON CHICK SERUM
Â Objective: Cystatin protein present in chick serum exhibits antimicrobial activity. The present study focuses on the effect of ampicillin and chloramphenicol antibiotics on chick serum and thus verifies Beerâ€“Lambertâ€™s law.
Methods: The serum is separated from the cellular matter with the help of a micropipette to get a clean serum sample. The quantification of protein was done by Lowryâ€™s method. The antibiotics ampicillin and chloramphenicol stock solution were prepared by 10 mg of antibiotic powder in 10 ml of sterilized water. The statistical analysis of the values obtained was done by SPSS logistics software.
Results: The different values of concentration of serum with absorption showed a linear relationship which verifies Beerâ€“Lambertâ€™s law. With an increase in the concentration of protein in chick serum, the absorption also increases, which gives a range of concentration of protein at which ampicillin and chloramphenicol act.
Conclusion: The rise and fall in the absorbance rate of proteins after addition of different antibiotics represent the increase and decrease in the concentration of proteins, respectively. This shows that every antibiotic acts at a particular concentration on the protein of the serum. Therefore, proper doses of antibiotics are recommended by the doctors.
2. Porwal PK. The effect of metformin on non-enzymatic glycosylation of recombinant human serum albumin. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2016;8(8):208-14.
3. Kirthika P, Dheeba B, Sivakumar R, Abdulla S. Plant mediated synthesis and characterisation of silver nanoparticles. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2014;6(8):304-10.
4. Buddanavar AT, Nandibewoor ST. Multi-spectroscopic characterization of bovine serum albumin upon interaction with atomoxetine. J Pharm Anal 2016; J Pharm Anal 2016;7(3):1-8.
5. Suryawanshi VD, Walekar LS, Gore AH, Anbhule PV, Kolekar GB. Spectroscopic analysis on the binding interaction of biologically active pyrimidine derivative with bovine serum albumin. J Pharm Anal 2016;6(1):56-63.
6. Li Y, Yang G, Mei Z. Spectroscopic and dynamic light scattering studies of the interaction between periodontics acid and bovine serum albumin. Acta Pharm Sin B 2012;2(1):53-9.
7. Yang GD, Li C, Zeng AG, Zhao Y, Yang R, Bian XL. Fluorescence spectroscopy of osthole binding to human serum albumin. J Pharm Anal 2013;3(3):200-4.
8. Redmile-Gordon MA, Armenise E, White RP, Hirsch PR, Goulding KW. A comparison of two colorimetric assays, based upon Lowry and Bradford techniques, to estimate total protein in soil extracts. Soil Biol Biochem 2013;67(100):166-73.
9. Lee N, Shin S, Chung HJ, Kim DK, Lim JM, Park H, et al. Improved quantification of protein in vaccines containing aluminum hydroxide by simple modification of the Lowry method. Vaccine 2015;33(39):5031-4.
10. Oftedal OT, Eisert R, Barrell GK. Comparison of analytical and predictive methods for water, protein, fat, sugar, and gross energy in marine mammal milk. J Dairy Sci 2014;97(8):4713-32.
11. Bishwambhar M, Suneetha V. The microbial pullulan as therapeutic tool in medicine. Int J Ayurveda Herbal Med 2012;2(1):180-6.
12. Dias-Souza MV, Soares DL, dos Santos VL. Comparative study of free and liposome-entrapped chloramphenicol against biofilms of potentially pathogenic bacteria isolated from cooling towers. Saudi Pharm J 2017;25(3):359-64.
13. Zhang J, Chen L, Zeng B, Kang Q, Dai L. Study on the binding of chloroamphenicol with bovine serum albumin by fluorescence and UV-vis spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2013;105:74-9.
14. Cheng Z, Liu R, Jiang X. Spectroscopic studies on the interaction between tetrandrine and two serum albumins by chemometrics methods. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc 2013;115:92-105.
15. Wesierska E, Saleh Y, Trziszka T. Antimicrobial activity of chicken egg white cystatin. World J Microbiol Biotechnol 2005;21:59-64.
16. Jones M, Denieffe S, Griffin C, Tinago W, Fitzgibbon MC. Evaluation of cystatin C in malignancy and comparability of estimates of GFR in oncology patients. Pract Lab Med 2017;7:36-40.
17. Slocombe SP, Ross M, Thomas N, McNeill S, Stanley MS. A rapid and general method for measurement of protein in micro-algal biomass. Bioresour Technol 2013;129:51-7.
18. Kumari M, Asthir B. Transformation of sucrose to starch and protein in rice leaves and grains under two establishment methods. Rice Sci 2016;23(5):255-65.
19. Rover MR, Brown RC. Quantification of total phenols in bio-oil using the folin-ciocalteu method. J Anal Appl Pyrolysis 2013;104:366-71.
20. Ahmed AN, Rashed HM. ANOVA modeling on sintering parameters and frequencies, affecting microstructure and dielectric constant of Nb doped BaTiO3. Proc Eng 2014;90:72-7.
21. Kumar M, Rath NK, Swain A, Rath SK. Feature selection and classification of microarray data using mapreduce based ANOVA and K-nearest neighbor. Proc Comput Sci 2015;54:301-10.
22. Mahapoonyanont N, Mahapoonyanont T, Pengkaew N, Kamhangkit R. Power of the test of one-way ANOVA after transforming with large sample size data. Proc Soc Behav Sci 2010;9:933-7.
23. Ting H, Liangen Z, Yan Z, Chuanying Z, Jing L. Water quality comprehensive index method of Eltrix river in Xin Jiang province using SPSS. Proc Earth Planet Sci 2012;5(2011):314-21.
24. Suneetha V, Bishwambhar M, Gopinath R, Shrestha SR, Kartik GK, Pravesh C, et al. Screening and identification of degradable products by pectin lyase producing actinomycetes from katpadi and chittoor fruit industrial waste enriched soil samples. Asian J Microbiol Biotechnol Environ Sci 2012;14(2):405-12.
25. Zeweil HS, Rizk RE, Bekhet GM, Ahmed MR. Comparing the effectiveness of egg disinfectants against bacteria and mitotic indices of developing chick embryos. J Basic Appl Zool 2015;70:1-15.
26. Verma SK, Lal M, Das MD. Optimisation of process parameters for production of antimicrobial metabolites by an endophytic fungus aspergillus sp. CPR5 isolated from Calotropis procera root. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2017;10(4):225-30.
27. Khan AA, Mohd A, Bano S, Siddiqi KS, Asiri AM. Spectrophotometric methods for the determination of ampicillin by potassium permanganate and 1-chloro-2, 4-dinitrobenzene in pharmaceutical preparations. Arab J Chem 2015;8(2):255-63.
28. Liu M, Liu Y, Cheng Z, Liu J, Chai T. Effects of chromic chloride on chick embryo fibroblast viability. Toxicol Rep 2015;2:555-62.
29. Yusnita MA, Paulraj MP, Yaacob S, Nor-Fadzilah M, Shahriman AB. Acoustic analysis of formants across genders and ethnical accents in Malaysian English using ANOVA. Proc Eng 2013;64:385-94.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.