CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019, DENGUE HEMORRHAGIC FEVER, AND THE CLINICAL SIMILARITY
Recently, coronavirus disease-19 (COVID-19) case is increasing in Indonesia, simultaneously with the outbreak of dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF). DHF is generally observed to rise at the beginning of the year that peaks between March and April due to the rainy season and high temperatures. The outbreak of COVID-19 started in Wuhan, China, since December 2019, and it has spread quickly worldwide as a pandemic. COVID-19 and DHF have had comparable clinical indication, laboratory highlights, and it has serious implications for the patients as well as for the general health. Therefore, to distinguish, all the doctors in the primary health care have to be aware and to work carefully.
2. Singhai T. A review of coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Indian J Pediatr 2020;87:281-6.
3. Kolifarhood G, Aghaali M, Saadati HM, Taherpour N, Rahimi S, Izadi N, et al. Epidemiological and clinical aspects of COVID-19; a narrative review. Arch Acad Emerg Med 2020;8:e41.
4. Abdulamir AS, Hafids RR. The possible immunological pathways for the variable immunopathogenesis of COVID-19 infection among healthy adults, elderly and children. Electron J Gen Med 2020;17:1-4.
5. Yi Y, Lagniton PN, Ye S, Li E, Xu RH. CVOID-19: What has been learned and to be learned about the novel coronavirus disease. Int J Biol Sci 2020;16:1753-66.
6. Nascimento IJB, Cacic N, Abdulazeem HM, Groote TC, Jayarajah U,Weerasekara I, et al. Novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in humans: A scoping review and meta-analysis. J Clin Med 2020;9:941.
7. Tosepu R, Gunawan J, Effendy DS, Ahmad LO, Lestari H, Bahar H, et al. Correlation between weather and Covid-19 pandemic in Jakarta Indonesia. Sci Total Environ 2020;725:138436.
8. Buonsenso D, Piano A, Raffaelli F, Bonadia N, Donati KD, Franceschi F. Point of care lung ultrasound findings in novel coronavirus disease-19 pnemoniae: A case report and potential applications during COVID-19 outbreak. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2020;24:2776-80.
9. Tan W, Aboudlhosn J. The cardiovascular burden of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a focus on congenital heart disease. Int J Cardiol 2020;309:70-7.
10. Kannan S, Ali PS, Sheeeza A, Hemalatha K. COVID-19 (novel coronavirus 2019)-recent trends. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2020;24:2006-11.
11. Adhikari SP, Meng S, Wu YJ, Mao YP, Ye RX, Wang QZ, et al. Epidemiology, causes, clinical manifestation and diagnosis, prevention and control of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) during the early outbreak period: A scoping review. Infect Dis Poverty 2020;9:29.
12. Han R, Huang L, Jiang H, Dong J, Peng H, Zhang D. Early clinical and CT manifestations of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pneumonia. Am J Roentgenol 2020;215:1-6.
13. Wei J, Xu H, Xiong J, Shen Q, Fan B, Ye C, et al. 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pneumonia: Serial computed tomography findings. Korean J Radiol 2020;21:501-4.
14. Cheng SC, Chang YC, Chiang YL, Chien YC, Cheng M, Yang CH, et al. First case of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pneumonia in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc 2020;119:747-51.
15. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/ dengue-and-severe-dengue. [Last accessed on 2020 Mar 26].
16. Kalayanarooj S. Clinical manifestations and management of Dengue/ DHF/DSS. Trop Med Health 2011;39:83-7.
17. Guzman MG, Kouri G. Dengue diagnosis, advances and challenges. Int J Infect Dis 2004;8:69-80.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.