FINGER METASTASES IN RENAL CELL CARCINOMA: A CASE REPORT
A 46-year-old man with a history of anorexia, weight loss, and pain in the left side of the abdomen was visited the outpatient department. Per
abdomen examination was soft, non-tender, and no organomegaly. Contrast-enhanced computed tomography-scan abdomen showed heterogeneous
mass located in the upper and the middle pole of the left kidney. The probable clinical diagnosis was a left renal mass with metastasis to lung. The
histopathology of the renal mass showed a clear cell carcinoma. Confirmed diagnosis was metastatic renal cell carcinoma. The patient was treated
with chemotherapy with sunitinib malate. After the completion of the second cycle, subcutaneous nodules appeared on the patient's body with
swelling of all the fingers and toes, and there was bleeding from the left little finger.
Keywords: Renal cell carcinoma, Sunitinib, Finger metastases.
2. Agnihotri S, Kumar J, Jain M, Kapoor R, Mandhani A. Renal cell
carcinoma in India demonstrates early age of onset and a late stage of
presentation. Indian J Med Res 2014;140(5):624-9.
3. Fottner A, Szalantzy M, Wirthmann L, StÃ¤hler M, Baur-Melnyk A,
Jansson V, et al. Bone metastases from renal cell carcinoma: Patient
survival after surgical treatment. BMC Musculoskelet Disord
4. Parkin DM, Bray F, Ferlay J, Pisani P. Global cancer statistics, 2002.
CA Cancer J Clin 2005;55(2):74-108.
5. Lam JS, Shvarts O, Leppert JT, Figlin RA, Belldegrun AS. Renal cell
carcinoma 2005: New frontiers in staging, prognostication and targeted
molecular therapy. J Urol 2005;173(6):1853-62.
6. Kirkali Z, Mulders P. 2011. http://www.icud.info/Kidney cancer.
Available from: http://www.icud.info/PDFs/KidneyCancer-2011.pdf.
[Last accessed on 2015 Mar 10].
7. Bukowski RM, Negrier S, Elson P. Prognostic factors in patients with
advanced renal cell carcinoma: Development of an international kidney
cancer working group. Clin Cancer Res 2004;10:6310S-4.
8. Bharthuar A. Metastatic renal cell carcinoma: Current scenario and
future trends. South Asian J Cancer 2012;1(1):30-5.
The publication is licensed under CC By and is open access. Copyright is with author and allowed to retain publishing rights without restrictions.