MI-SPE, M-SPE AND M-SPD RECENT APPLICATION ON SOLID PHASE EXTRACTION FOR COMPOUND EXTRACTION OF COMPLEX MATRICES
Solid Phase Extraction is a method used for extraction, purification of compounds contained in complex matrices and purification of samples in the fields of industry, pharmacy, and toxicology analysis. This review represents the recent advances of solid phase extraction from different mode of separation which are the most commonly used in recent days such as molecular imprinting solid phase extraction (MISPE), magnetic solid phase extraction (MSPE) and matrix solid phase dispersion (MSPD). In this review, the applications of MISPE in the analysis of agrochemicals such as herbicides, fungicides and insecticides are summarized. This review also states preparation of various magnetic composites (MSPE) based on graphene and its application as adsorbents in pre concentrating natural mixes, organic macromolecules. Besides this, this review summarizes the application of MSPD in biological, food, and environmental samples, including both organic and inorganic analyte.
2. Simpson, Nigel JK. Solid-phase extraction: principles, techniques, and applications. New York: CRC Press; 2000.
3. Siemann M, Andersson LI, Mosbach K. Selective recognition of the herbicide atrazine by noncovalent molecularly imprinted polymers. J Agric Food Chem 1996;44:141-5.
4. Andersson LI. Molecular imprinting: developments and application in the analytical chemistry field. J Chromatography B 2000;745:3-13.
5. Safakoriva M, Safar?k I. Magnetic solid-phase extraction. J Magn Magn Mater 1999;194:108-12.
6. Aguilar Arteaga K, Rodriguez JA, Barrado E. Magnetic solids in analytical chemistry: a review. Anal Chim Acta 2010;674:157–65.
7. Sharifabadi MK, Saber Tehrani M, Waqif Husain S, Mehdinia A, Aberoomand Azar P. Determination of residual nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in aqueous sample using magnetic nanoparticles modified with cetyltrimethylammonium bromide by high performance liquid chromatography. Sci World J 2014;127:8.
8. Chen Y, Guo Z, Wang X, Qiu C. Sample preparation. J Chromatography 2008;1184:191–219.
9. Urraca JL, Aureliano CSA, Schillinger E, Esselmann H, Wiltfang J, Sellergren B, et al. Polymeric complements to the Alzheimer's disease biomarker ?-amyloid isoforms A?1–40 and A?1–42 for blood serum analysis under denaturing conditions. J Am Chem Soc 2011;133:9220.
10. Balogh D, Tel Vered R, Freeman R, Willner I. Photochemically and electrochemically triggered au nanoparticles “Sponges”. J Am Chem Soc 2011;133:6533.
11. Hoshino Y, Haberaecker III WW, Kodama T, Zeng Z, Okahata Y, Shea KJ, et al. Recognition, neutralization, and clearance of target peptides in the bloodstream of living mice by molecularly imprinted polymer nanoparticles: a plastic antibody. J Am Chem Soc 2010;132:13648.
12. Yin J, Cui Y, Yang G, Wang H. Molecularly imprinted nanotubes for enantioselective drug delivery and controlled release. Chem Commun 2010;46:7688.
13. Li S, Ge Y, Turner APF. A catalytic and positively thermosensitive molecularly imprinted polymer. Adv Funct Mater 2011;21:1194.
14. Shen X, Zhu L, Wang N, Ye L, Tang H. Molecular imprinting for removing highly toxic organic pollutants. Chem Communications 2012;48:788–98.
15. He CY, Long YY, Pan JL, Li K, Liu F. Application of molecularly imprinted polymers to solid-phase extraction of analytes from real samples. J Biochem Biophys Methods 2007;70:133–50.
16. Anderson RA, Ariffin MM, Cormack PAG, Miller EI. Comparison of molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction (MISPE) with classical solid-phase extraction (SPE) for the detection of benzodiazepines in post-mortem hair samples. For Sci Int 2008;174:40–6.
17. Garcia R, Cabrita MJ, Freitas AMC. Application of molecularly imprinted polymers for the analysis of pesticide residues in food-a highly selective and innovative approach. Am J Anal Chem 2011;2:16–25.
18. Baggiani C, Anfossi L, Giovannoli C. Solid phase extraction of food contaminants using molecular imprinted polymers. Anal Chim Acta 2007;591:1:29-39.
19. Cacho C, Turiel E, Mart?n Esteban A, Ayala D, Perez Conde C. Semi-covalent imprinted polymer using propazine methacrylate as template molecule for the clean-up of triazines in soil and vegetable samples. J Chromatography A 2006;1114:255–62.
20. Breton F, Euzet P, Piletsky SA, Giardi MT, Rouillon R. Integration of photosynthetic biosensor with molecularly imprinted polymer-based solid phase extraction cartridge. Anal Chim Acta 2006;569:50–7.
21. Hu XG, Hu YL, Li GK. Development of novel molecularly imprinted solid-phase microextraction fiber and its application for the determination of triazines in complicated samples coupled with high-performance liquid chromatography. J Chromatography A 2007;1147:1–9.
22. Turiel E, Martin Esteban A, Fernaindez P, Perez Conde C, Camara C. Molecular recognition in a propazine-imprinted polymer and its application to the determination of triazines in environmental samples. Anal Chem 2001;73:5133–41.
23. Djozan D, Ebrahimi B. Preparation of new solid phase micro extraction fiber on the basis of atrazine-molecular imprinted polymer: application for GC and GC/MS screening of triazine herbicides in water, rice and onion. Anal Chim Acta 2008;616:152–9.
24. Tamayo FG, Casillas JL, Martin Esteban A. Clean up of phenylurea herbicides in plant sample extracts using molecularly imprinted polymers. Anal Bioanal Chem 2005;381:1234–40.
25. Cacho C, Turiel E, Mart?n Esteban A, Perez Conde C, Camara C. Clean-up of triazines in vegetable extracts by molecularlyimprinted solid-phase extraction using a propazine-imprinted polymer. Anal Bioanal Chem 2003;376:491–6.
26. Tamayo FG, Martin Esteban A. Selective high performance liquid chromatography imprinted-stationary phases for the screening of phenylurea herbicides in vegetable samples. J Chromatography A 2005;1098:116–22.
27. Tang KJ, Chen SW, Gu XH, Wang HJ, Dai J, Tang J, et al. Preparation of molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction using bensulfuron-methyl imprinted polymer and clean-up for the sulfonylurea-herbicides in soybean. Anal Chim Acta 2008;614:112–8.
28. She YX, Cao WQ, Shi XM, Lv XL, Liu JJ, Wang RY, et al. Class-specific molecularly imprinted polymers for the selective extraction and determination of sulfonylurea herbicides in maize samples by high-performance liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry. J Chromatography B 2010;878:2047–53.
29. Zhang L, Han H, Hu YY, Zheng P, Sheng X, Sun H, et al. Selective trace analysis of chloroacetamide herbicides in food samples using dummy molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction based on chemometrics and quantum chemistry. Anal Chim Acta 2012;729:36–44.
30. Baggiani C, Giraudi G, Giovannoli C, Vanni A, Trotta F. A molecularly imprinted polymer for the pesticide bentazone. Anal Comm 1999;36:263–6.
31. Pereira LA, Rath S. Molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction for the determination of fenitrothion in tomatoes. Anal Bioanal Chem 2009;393:1063–72.
32. Xin JH, Qiao XG, Xu ZX, Zhou J. Molecularly imprinted polymer as sorbent for solid-phase extraction coupling to gas chromatography for the simultaneous determination of trichlorfon and monocrotophos residues in vegetables. Food Anal Methods 2013;6:274–81.
33. Xu ZX, Fang GZ, Wang S. Molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction coupled to high-performance liquid chromatography for determination of trace dichlorvos residues in vegetables. Food Chem 2010;119:845–50.
34. Kang S, Xu Y, Zhou L, Pan C. Preparation of molecularly imprinted polymers diethyl(3 methylureido) (phenyl) methylphosphonate as a dummy template for the recognition of its organophosphate pesticide analogs. J Appl Polymer Sci 2012;14:3737–43.
35. Xie CG, Zhou HK, Gao S, Li HF. Molecular imprinting method for on-line enrichment and chemiluminescent detection of the organophosphate pesticide triazophos. Microchim Acta 2010;171:355–62.
36. Shi XZ, Liu JH, Sun AL, Li DX, Chen J. Group-selective enrichment and determination of pyrethroid insecticides in aquaculture seawater via molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction coupled with gas chromatography-electron capture detection. J Chromatography A 2012;1227:60–6.
37. Zhou JF, Ma C, Zhou S, Ma P, Chen FR, Qi Y, et al. Preparation, evaluation and application of molecularly imprinted solid-microextraction monolith for selective extraction of pirimicarb in tomato and pear. J Chromatography A 2010;1217:7478–83.
38. Zarejousheghani M, Fiedler P, Möder M, Borsdorf H. Selective mixed-bed solid phase extraction of atrazine herbicide from environmental water samples using molecularly imprinted polymer. Talanta 2014;129:132–8.
39. Feng QZ, Zhao LX, Yan W, Lin JM, Zheng ZX. Molecularly imprinted solid-phase extraction combined with high performance liquid chromatography for analysis of phenolic compounds from environmental water samples. J Hazard Mater 2009;167:282–8.
40. Shen ZL, Yuan D, Su QD, Zhang H, Wang J, Zhu JH, et al. Selective solid-phase extraction using molecularly imprinted polymer for analysis of methamidophos in water and soil samples. Biosci Biotech Biochem 2011;75:473.
41. Qi X, Yang X, Wang B, Yang H, Deng A. Development of a broad selective molecularly imprinted polymers-based solid phase extraction of contraceptive drug levonorgestrel from water samples. Int J Environ Anal Chem 2012;92:268–78.
42. Yu J, X Hu, R Song, S Xi. Molecularly imprinted polymer microspheres prepared by precipitation polymerization for atenolol recognition. Adv Materials Res 2010;148-9:1192-8.
43. Yan H, KH Row. The characteristic and synthetic approach of molecularly imprinted polymers. Int J Mol Sci 2006;7:155-78.
44. Yavuz CT, Prakash A, Mayo JT, Colvin VL. Magnetic separations: fromsteel plants to biotechnology. Chem Engineer Sci 2009;64:10:2510–21.
45. Safar?kova M, Safar?k I. Magnetic solid-phase extraction. J Magn Magn Mater 1999;194:108–12.
46. Aguilar Arteaga K, Rodriguez JA, Barrado E. Magnetic solids in analytical chemistry: a review. Anal Chim Acta 2010;674:2:157–65.
47. Sharifabadi MK, Saber Tehrani M, Waqif Husain S, Mehdinia A, Aberoomand Azar P. Determination of residual nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in aqueous sample using magnetic nanoparticles modified with cetyltrimethylammonium bromide by high performance liquid chromatography. Sci World J 2014;127835:8.
48. Ibarra IS, Rodriguez JA, Miranda JM, Vega M, Barrado E. Magnetic solid phase extraction based on phenyl silica adsorbent for the determination of tetracyclines in milk samples by capillary electrophoresis. J Chromatogr A 2011;1218: 2196–202.
49. Ibarra IS, Rodriguez JA, Paez Hernandez ME, Santos EM, Miranda JM. Determination of quinolones in milk samples using a combination of magnetic solid-phase extraction and capillary electrophoresis. Electrophoresis 2012;33:13:2041–8.
50. Hu XZ, Chen ML, Gao Q, Yu QW, Feng YQ. Determination of benzimidazole residues in animal tissue samples by combination of magnetic solid-phase extraction with capillary zone electrophoresis. Talanta 2012;89:335–41.
51. Safarik I, Safarikova M. Magnetically modified microbial cells: a new type of magnetic adsorbents. China Particuol 2007;5:19–25.
52. Ibrahim WAW, Nodeh HR, Aboul Enein HY, Sanagi MM. Magnetic solid-phase extraction based on modified ferumoxides for enrichment, preconcentration, and isolation of pesticides and selected pollutants. Critical Rev Chem 2015;45:3:270–87.
53. Li XS, Zhu GT, Luo YB, Yuan BF, Feng YQ. Synthesis and applications of functionalized magnetic materials in sample preparation. TrAC 2013;45:233–47.
54. Huang Y, Wang Y, Pan Q. Magnetic graphene oxide modified with choline chloride-based deep eutectic solvent for the solid-phase extraction of protein. Anal Chim Acta 2015;877:90–9.
55. Najafi E, Aboufazeli F, Zhad HRLZ, Sadeghi O, Amani V. A novel magnetic ion imprinted nano-polymer for selective separation and determination of low levels of mercury (II) ions in fish samples. Food Chem 2013;141:4040–5.
56. Pirouz MJ, Beyki MH, Shemirani F. Anhydride functionalised calcium ferrite nanoparticles: a new selective magnetic material for enrichment of lead ions from water and food samples. Food Chem 2015;170:131–7.
57. Aboufazeli F, Zhad HRLZ, Sadeghi O, Karimi M, Najafi E. Novel ion imprinted polymer magnetic mesoporous silica nano-particles for selective separation and determination of lead ions in food samples. Food Chem 2013;141:4:3459–65.
58. Xiang G, Ma Y, Jiang X, Mao P. Polyelectrolyte multilayers on magnetic silica as a new sorbent for the separation of trace copper in food samples and determination by flame atomic absorption spectrometry. Talanta 2014;130:192–7.
59. Ramandi NF, Shemirani F. Selective ionic liquid ferrofluid based dispersive-solid phase extraction for simultaneous pre concentration/separation of lead and cadmium in milk and biological samples. Talanta 2014;131:404–11.
60. Mashhadizadeh MH, Amoli Diva M, Shapouri MR, Afruzi H. Solid phase extraction of trace amounts of silver, cadmium, copper, mercury, and lead in various food samples based on ethylene glycol bis-mercaptoacetate modified 3-(trimethoxysilyl)-1-propanethiol coated Fe3O4 nanoparticles. Food Chem 2014;151:300–5.
61. Behbahani B, Salarian M, Bagheri A, Tabani H, Omidi F, Fakhari A, et al. Synthesis, characterization and analytical application of Zn(II)-imprinted polymer as an efficient solidphase extraction technique for trace determination of zinc ions in food samples. J Food Comp Anal 2014;34:1:81–9.
62. Gao Q, Luo D, Ding J, Feng YQ. Rapid magnetic solid phase extraction based on magnetite/silica/poly (methacrylic acid-co-ethylene glycol dimethacrylate) composite microspheres for the determination of sulfonamide in milk samples. J Chromatogr A 2010;1217:5602–9.
63. Lan H, Gan N, Pan D. An automated solid-phase microextraction method based on magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer as fiber coating for detection of trace estrogens in milk powder. J Chromatogr A 2014;1331:10–8.
64. Liao W, Chen A, Yang Y. Determination of hindered phenolic antioxidants in plastic packaging injections by magnetic solid phase extraction followed by high performance liquid chromatography. Anal Methods 2015;7:708–15.
65. Huang B, Zhou X, Chen J, Wu G, Lu X. Determination of malachite green in fish based on magnetic molecularly imprinted polymer extraction followed by electrochemiluminescence. Talanta 2015;142:228–34.
66. Mirzajani R, Ahmadi S. Melamine supported magnetic iron oxide nanoparticles (Fe3O4@Mel) for spectrophotometric determination of malachite green in water samples and fish tissues. J Ind Eng Chem 2015;23:171–8.
67. Sun L, Chen L, Sun X. Analysis of sulfonamides in environmental water samples based on magnetic mixed hemimicelles solid-phase extraction coupled with HPLC-UV detection. Chemosphere 2009;77:10:1306–12.
68. Villaverde JJ, Sevilla Moran B, Lopez Goti C, Alonso Prados JL, Sandin Espana P. Trends in analysis of pesticide residues to fulfil the European regulation (EC) No. 1107/2009. Trends Anal Chem 2016;80:568-80.
69. Shi P, Ye N. Investigation of the adsorption mechanism and pre concentration of sulfonamides using a porphyrin-functionalized Fe3O4-graphene oxide nanocomposite. Talanta 2015;143:219-25.
70. Ye NS, Xie YL, Shi PZ, Gao T, Ma JC. Synthesis of magnetite/graphene oxide/chitosan composite and its application for protein adsorption. Mat Sci Eng 2014;45:8-14.
71. Zhao M, Deng CH, Zhang XM. Synthesis of poly dopamine-coated magnetic graphene for Cu2þ immobilization and application to the enrichment of low concentration peptides for mass spectrometry analysis. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2013;5:13104-12.
72. Lu J, Deng CH, Zhang XM, Yang PY. Synthesis of Fe3O4/graphene/TiO2 composites for the highly selective enrichment of phosphopeptides from biological samples. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2013;5:7330-4.
73. Yin P, Sun NR, Deng CH, Li Y, Zhang XM, Yang PY, et al. Facile preparation of magnetic graphene double-sided mesoporous composites for the selective enrichment and analysis of endogenous peptides. Proteomics 2013;13:2243-50.
74. Shi CY, Deng, Li Y, Zhang XM, Yang PY. Hydrophilic polydopamine coated magnetic graphene nanocomposites for highly efficient tryptic immobilization. Proteomics 2014;14:1457-63.
75. Sun NQ, Deng CH, Li Y, Zhang XM. Size-exclusive magnetic graphene/mesoporous silica composites with titanium (IV)-immobilized pore walls for selective enrichment of endogenous phosphorylated peptides. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2014;6:11799-804.
76. Alvand M, Shemiranil F. Fabrication of Fe3O4@graphene oxide core-shell nanospheres for ferrofluid-based dispersive solid phase extraction as exemplified for Cd(II) as a model analyte. Microchim Acta 2016;183:1749-57.
77. Wang H, Yuan XZ, Wu Y, Huang HJ, Zeng GM, Liu Y, et al. Adsorption characteristics and behaviors of graphene oxide for Zn(II) removal from aqueous solution. Appl Surf Sci 2013;279:432-40.
78. Chandra V, Park J, Chun Y, Lee JW, Hwang IC, Kim KS. Water-dispersible magnetite-reduced graphene oxide composites for arsenic removal. ACS Nano 2010;4:3979-86.
79. Zhang YK, Yan T, Yan LG, Guo XY, Cui LM, Wei Q, et al. Preparation of novel cobalt ferrite/chitosan grafted with graphene composite as effective adsorbents for mercury ions. J Mol Liquid 2014;198:381-7.
80. Gollavelli G, Chang CC, Ling YC. Facile synthesis of smart magnetic graphene for safe drinking water: heavy metal removal and disinfection control. ACS Sustain Chem Eng 2013;1:462-72.
81. Zhou G, Xu XY, Zhu WZ, Feng B, Hu JG. Dispersedly embedded loading of Fe3O4 nanoparticles into graphene nanosheets for highly efficient and recyclable removal of heavy metal ions. New J Chem 2015;39:7355-62.
82. Chen JH, Xing HT, Sun X, Su ZB, Huang YH, Weng W, et al. Highly effective removal of Cu(II) by triethylenetetraminemagnetic reduced graphene oxide composite. Appl Surf Sci 2015; 356:355-63.
83. Chen Y, Pan B, Li H, Zhang W, Lv L, Wu J. Selective removal of Cu (II) ions by using cation-exchange resin-supported polyethyleneimine (PEI) nanoclusters. Environ Sci Technol 2010;44:3508-13.
84. Xing M, Xu L, Wang J. Mechanism of Co(II) adsorption by zero valent iron/graphene nanocomposite. J Hazard Mater 2016;301:286-96.
85. Santhosh C, Kollu P, Felix S, Velmurugan V, Jeong SK, Grace AN, et al. CoFe2O4 and NiFe2O4@graphene adsorbents for heavy metal ions-kinetic and thermodynamic analysis. RSC Adv 2015;5:28965-72.
86. Qi T, Huang C, Yan S, Li HJ, Pan SY. Synthesis, characterization and adsorption properties of magnetite/reduced graphene oxide nanocomposites. Talanta 2015;144:1116-24.
87. Wang M, Yuan H, Deng W, Bi W, Yang X. A Taiji-principle-designed magnetic porous C-doped graphitic carbon nitride for environment-friendly solid phase extraction of pollutants from water samples. J Chromatogr A 2015;1412;12.
88. Yang J, Si L, Cui S, Bi W. Synthesis of a graphitic carbon nitride for solid phase extraction of phenolic acids. Microchim Acta 2015;182;737.
89. Xu N, Wang Y, Rong M, Ye Z, Deng Z, Chen XJ. Facile preparation and applications of graphitic carbon nitride coating in solid-phase microextraction. J Chromatogr A 2014;1364;53.
90. Guan W, Long Z, Liu J, Hua Y, Ma Y, Zhang H. Unique graphitic carbon nitride nanovessels as recyclable adsorbent for solid phase extraction of benzoylurea pesticides in juices samples. Food Anal Methods 2016;8:11-5.
91. Wang M, Yang X, Bi W. Application of magnetic graphitic carbon nitride nanocomposites for the solid?phase extraction of phthalate esters in water samples. J Sep Sci 2015;38:445.
92. Zheng HB, Ding JD, Zheng SJ, Zhu GT, Yuan BF, Feng YQ. Facile synthesis of magnetic carbon nitride nanosheets and its application in magnetic solid phase extraction for polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in edible oil samples. Talanta 2016;148:46.
93. Dong G, Zhao K, Zhang L. Carbon self-doping induced high electronic conductivity and photoreactivity of g-C3N4. Chem. Commun 2012;48:6178.
94. Zhu Y, Murali S, Cai W, Li X, Suk JW, Potts JR, et al. Graphene and graphene oxide: synthesis, properties, and applications. Adv Mater 2015;35:3906–24.
95. Yin LL, Lin YX, Jia L. Graphene oxide functionalized magnetic nanoparticles as adsorbents for removal of phthalate esters. Microchim Acta 2014;181:957–65.
96. Xiao R, Zhang XT, Zhang XN, Niu JH, Lu MH, Liu XH, Cai ZW, et al. Analysis of flavors and fragrances by HPLC with Fe3O4@GO magnetic nanocomposite as the adsorbent. Talanta 2017;166:262–7.
97. Han Q, Wang ZH, Xia JF, Chen S, Zhang XQ, Ding MY, et al. Facile and tunable fabrication of Fe3O4/graphene oxide nanocomposites and their application in the magnetic solid-phase extraction of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from environmental water samples. Talanta 2012;101:388–95.
98. Kazemi E, Dadfarnia S, Haji Shabani AM. Dispersive solid phase microextraction with magnetic graphene oxide as the sorbent for separation and preconcentration of ultra-trace amounts of gold ions. Talanta 2015;141:273–8.
99. Sun JP, Liang QL, Han Q, Zhang XQ, Ding MY. One-step synthesis of magnetic graphene oxide nanocomposite and its application in magnetic solid phase extraction of heavy metal ions from biological samples. Talanta 2015;132;557–63.
100. Nazari N, Masrournia M, Eshaghi Z, Bozorgmehr M. Simultaneous extraction and preconcentration of aniline, phenol, and naphthalene using magnetite-graphene oxide composites before gas chromatography determination. J Sep Sci 2016;39:3046–53.
101. Suleiman JS, Hu B, Peng H, Huan C. Separation/ preconcentration of trace amounts of Cr, Cu and Pb in environmental samples by magnetic solid-phase extraction with bismuthiol-II-immobilized magnetic nanoparticles and their determination by ICP-OES. Talanta 2009;77:1579–83.
102. Rezaee M, Yamini Y, Shariati S, Esrafili A, Shamsipur M. Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography-UV detection as a very simple, rapid and sensitive method for the determination of bisphenol a in water samples. J Chromatogr A 2009;1216:1511-4.
103. Rezaee M, Yamini Y, Faraji M. Evolution of dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction method. J Chromatogr A 2010;1217:2342.
104. Mashayekhi HA, Abroomand Azar P, Saber Tehrani M, Waqif SH. Simultaneous determination of amphetamine and related compounds in human urine using ultrasound-assisted emulsification microextraction and gas chromatography. Chromatographia 2010;71:517.
105. Barker SA, Long AR, Short CR. Isolation of drug residues from tissues by solid phase dispersion. J Chromatogr 1989;475:353–61.
106. Barker SA. Matrix solid phase dispersion (MSPD). J Biochem Biophys Methods 2007;70;151-62.
107. Barker SA. Applications of matrix solid-phase dispersion in food analysis. J Chromatogr A 2000;880:63–8.
108. Barker SA. Matrix solid-phase dispersion. J Chromatogr A 2000;885:115–27.
109. Bogialli S, Di Corcia A. Matrix solid-phase dispersion as a valuable tool for extracting contaminants from foodstuffs. J Biochem Biophys Methods 2007;70:163–79.
110. Moreda Pineiro J, Alonso Rodriguez E, Lopez Mahia P, Muniategui Lorenzo S, Prada Rodriguez D, Romaris Hortas V, et al. Matrix solid-phase dispersion of organic compounds and its feasibility for extracting inorganic and organometallic compounds. Trends Anal Chem 2009;28:110–6.
111. Capriotti AL, Cavaliere C, Giansanti P, Gubbiotti R, Samperi R, Lagana A, et al. Recent developments in matrix solid-phase dispersion extraction. J Chromatogr A 2010;1217:2521–32.
112. Capriotti AL, Cavaliere C, Lagana A, Piovesana S, Samperi R. Recent trends in matrix solid-phase dispersion. Trends Anal Chem 2013;43:53–66.
113. Capriotti AL, Cavaliere C, Foglia P, Samperi R, Stampachiacchiere S, Ventura S, et al. Recent advances and developments inmatrix solid-phase dispersion. Trends Anal Chem 2015;71:186–93.
114. Kristenson EM, Ramos L, Th UA, Brinkman. Recent advances in matrix solid phase dispersion. Trends Anal Chem 2006;25:96.
115. Speltini A, Scalabrini A, Maraschi F, Sturini M, Profumo A. Newest applications of molecularly imprinted polymers for extraction of contaminants from environmental and food matrices: a review. Anal Chim Acta 2017;974:1–26.
116. Ashley J, Shahbazi MA, Kant K, Chidambara VA, Wolff A, Bang DD, et al. Molecularly imprinted polymers for sample preparation and biosensing in food analysis: progress and perspectives. Biosens Bioelectron 2017;91:606-15.
117. Wang Y, Chen L. Analysis of malachite green in aquatic products by carbon nanotube-based molecularly imprinted-matrix solid phase dispersion. J Chromatogr B 2015;1002:98–106.
118. Luo Z, Du W, Zheng P, Guo P, Wu N, Tang W, et al. Molecularly imprinted polymer cartridges coupled to liquid chromatography for simple and selective analysis of penicilloic acid and penilloic acid in milk by matrix solid-phase dispersion. Food Chem Toxicol 2015;83:164–73.
119. Arabi M, Ghaedi M, Ostovan A. Development of dummy molecularly imprinted based on functionalized silica nanoparticles for determination of acrylamide in processed food by matrix solid phase dispersion. Food Chem 2016;210:78–84.
120. Ganan J, Morante Zarcero S, Perez Quintanilla D, Sierra I. Evaluation of mesoporous imprinted silicas as MSPD selective sorbents of ketoprofen in powder milk. Mater Lett 2017;197:5–7.
121. Wang GN, Zhang L, Song YP, Liu JX, Wang JP. Application of molecularly imprinted polymer based matrix solid phase dispersion for determination of fluoroquinolones, tetracyclines and sulfonamides in meat. J Chromatogr B 2017;1065:104–11.
122. De Toffoli AL, Soares Maciel EV, Fumes BH, Lancas FM. The role of graphene-based sorbents in modern sample preparation techniques. J Sep Sci 2018;41:288–302.
123. Zhang BT, Zheng X, Li HF, Lin JM. Application of carbon-based nanomaterials in sample preparation: a review. Anal Chim Acta 2013;784:1–17.
124. Sun T, Li X, Yang J, Li L, Jin Y, Shi X, et al. Graphene-encapsulated silica as matrix solid-phase dispersion extraction sorbents for the analysis of poly-methoxylated flavonoids in the leaves of Murraya panaculata (L.) Jack. J Sep Sci 2015;38:2132–9.
125. Tan D, Jin J, Li F, Sun X, Dhanjai Ni Y, Chen J, et al. Phenyltrichlorosilane-functionalized magnesium oxide microspheres: preparation, characterization and application for the selective extraction of dioxin-like polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in soils with matrix solid-phase dispersion. Anal Chim Acta 2017;956:14–23.
126. Wang T, Chen Y, Ma J, Jin Z, Chai M, Xiao X, et al. A polyethyleneimine-modified attapulgite as a novel solid support in matrix solid-phase dispersion for the extraction of cadmium traces in seafood products. Talanta 2018;180:254–9.
127. Rombaldi C, de Oliveira Arias JL, Hertzog GI, Caldas SS, Vieira JP, Primel EG, et al. New environmentally friendly MSPD solid support based on golden mussel shell: characterization and application for extraction of organic contaminants from muscle tissue. Anal Bioanal Chem 2015;407:4805–14.
128. Vieira AA, Caldas SS, Venquiaruti Escarrone AL, de Oliveira Arias JL, Primel EG. Environmentally friendly procedure based on VA-MSPD for the determination of booster biocides in fish tissue. Food Chem 2018;242:475–80.
129. Cao W, Hu SS, Ye LH, Cao J, Pang XQ, Xu JJ, et al. Trace matrix solid phase dispersion using a molecular sieve as the sorbent for the determination of flavonoids in fruit peels by ultra-performance liquid chromatography. Food Chem 2016;190:474–80.
130. Wei M, Chu C, Wang S, Yan J. Quantitative analysis of sesquiterpenes and comparison of three curcuma wenyujin herbal medicines by micro matrix solid phase dispersion coupled with MEEKC. Electrophoresis 2018;39:1119–28.
131. Cao J, Peng LQ, Xu JJ. Microcrystalline cellulose based matrix solid phase dispersion microextration for isomeric triterpenoid acids in loquat leaves by ultrahigh-performance liquid chromatography and quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr A 2016;1472:16–26.
132. De Jesus JR, Wanderley KA, Alves Junior S, Navickiene S. Evaluation of a novel metal-organic framework as an adsorbent for the extraction of multiclass pesticides from coconut palm (Cocos nucifera L.): an analytical approach using matrix solid-phase dispersion and liquid chromatography. J Sep Sci 2017;40:3327–34.
133. Barreto AS, da Silva Andrade PDC, Farias JM, Menezes Filho A, de Sa GF, Alves Junior S, et al. Characterization and application of a lanthanide-based metal-organic framework in the development and validation of a matrix solid-phase dispersion procedure for pesticide extraction on peppers (Capsicum annuum L.) with gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. J Sep Sci 2018;41:1593–9.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.