PREPARATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ANCHOVY (Stolephorus sp) PROTEIN CONCENTRATE NANOPARTICLE USING IONIC GELATION METHOD
Objective: Nanoparticle preparation can increase the bioavailability of anchovy protein. This study aims to optimize and characterize anchovy protein concentrate nanoparticle based on volume comparison of chitosan-TPP (Tripolyphosphate) matrix in forming the size of anchovy protein concentrate nanoparticle with ionic gelation method.
Methods: Fresh anchovy was extracted by acid base method using solvents of NaOH and HCl to get protein concentrate. After that, it was conducted by formulating anchovy protein concentrate into a mixture of chitosan-TPP matrix with volume ratio which was divided into 5 series of variations, namely F1 without matrix, F2 1:1, F3 1:3, F4 1:5 and F5 1:7 ratio of chitosan to TPP, then formed matrix was determined the value of the encapsulation efficiency and characterized using a particle size analysis tool.
Results: The results showed that the optimum volume comparison of the chitosan-TPP matrix in forming nanoparticle of anchovy protein concentrate was ratio 1:7 because this has a matrix encapsulation efficiency value of 99.11%, a small particle concentrate size of 687.26 nm, a good polydispersity index value of 0.406 and a value of zeta potential of +12.9 mV.
Conclusion: The optimum formula of chitosan-TPP matrix volume ratio in forming anchovy protein concentrate nanoparticle is F5 with the ratio of chitosan-TPP matrix mixture 1:7.
2. Oktasari T, Suparmi, Karnila R. Isolation of gurame fish (Osphronemus gurammy) protein using different pH method. JOM 2015;2(2):1-12.
3. Anggo AD, Ma’ruf WF, Swastawati F, Rianingsih L. Changes of amino and fatty acids in anchovy (Stolephorus sp) fermented fish paste with different fermentation periods. Procedia Environ Sci 2015;23:58-63.
4. Katili AS. Structure and function of collagen protein. Rainbow Sci J 2009;2(5):19-29.
5. Mackay D, Miller AL. Nutritional support for wound healing. J clin ther 2003;8(4):359-77.
6. Tungadi R, Susanty W, Wicita P, Pido E. Transdermal delivery of snakehead fish (Ophiocephalus striatus) nanoemulgel containing hydrophobic powder for burn wound. Pharm Sci 2018; 24(4):313-23.
7. Tungadi R, Imran Ak. Formulation development and characterization of snakehead fish powder in oral double emulsion. Int J App Pharm 2018;10(2):70-5.
8. Sinha V.R and Kaur M.P. Permeation enhancer for transdermal drug delivery. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 2000;26:1131-40.
9. Tungadi R, Abdulkadir W, Ischak N, Rahim B. Liposomal formulation of snakehead fish (Ophiocephalus striatus) powder and toxicity study in zebrafish (Danio rerio) model. Pharm Sci 2019; 25(2):145-53.
10. Nakorn P.NA. 2008. Chitin nanowhisker and chitosan nanoparticles in protein immobilization for biosensor applications. J Metals, Materials and Minerals 2008;18(2):73
11. Erdawati Chitosan and Nanomagnetic Chitosan adsorption capacity for Ni (II) ions. Proceedings of the National Seminar on Science and Technology II. Lampung University, 2008;248-56.
12. Baroli B, Ennas MG, Loffredo F, Isola M, Pinna R, Quintela MAL. Penetration of metalic nanoparticles in human full-thickness skin. J Investig Dermatol 2007; 127:1701-12.
13. Singh A, Deep A. Formulation and evaluation of nanoparticles containing losartan potassium. Int J Pharm Res Technol 2011;1(1):17-20.
14. Agnihotri S.A, Mallikarjuna N.N, Aminabhavi T.M. Recent advances on chitosan-based micro and nanoparticles in drug delivery. J Control Release 2004;100:5–28.
15. Mardliyati E, El Muttaqien S, Setyawati D.R. Synthesis of chitosan-TPP nanoparticles by ionic gelation Method: Effect of Concentration and Volume Ratio on Characteristics of Particles. Proceedings of the Scientific and Technological Meeting 2012;90-3.
16. Mohanraj VJ, Chen Y. Nanoparticles A review. J Pharm 2006;561-73.
17. Shu XZ, Zhu KJ. Controlled Drug Release Properties of Ionically Cross-linked Chitosan beads : The influence of Anion Structure. Int J Pharm 2002;2:217-25.
18. Wu Y.W, Changchum H, Jianhua F, Shoukuan. Chitosan nanoparticles as a novel delivery system form ammonium glycyrhizinate. Int J Pharm 2005;224-35.
19. Laili HN, Winarti L, Sari LORK. Preparation and characterization of chitosan naringenin nanoparticle using variation ratio of chitosan-TPP. J health Library 2014;2(2):308-313.
20. Nidhin M, Indumathy R, Sreeram KJ, Nairm BU.Synthesis of Iron Oxide Nanoparticles of Narrow Size Distribution on Polysaccharide Templates. Bull Mater Sci. 2008;31(1):93-96.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.