MICROWAVE ASSISTED SYNTHESIS OF TETRAHYDROPYRMIDINE AND IN SILICO SCREENING OF ANTIDIABETIC DRUG
Objective: To detect the microwave-assisted synthesis of Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative and its molecular docking studies for Diabetes.
Methods: The Bignelli condensation method was used for Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative synthesis. The docking studies made in Argus Lab software.
Results: The Tetrahydropyrimidine is synthesized using the microwave. The Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative is found to be attack the insulin receptor, as it the tendency of binding with insulin receptor showed in Argus lab. Further, the good binding site of Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative with insulin receptor was predicted.
Conclusion: From the research work, The Tetrahydropyrimidine derivative shows its affinity to bind with the insulin receptor. The binding value is averagely 7 which indicates it can attraction with the receptor, so it can control Diabetic mellitus by altering insulin secretion in blood plasma.
2. Association, American Diabetes. Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Care 2010;33(Suppl 1):S62–S69.
3. Federation, IDF-International Diabetes. Available from: https://www.idf.org/aboutdiabetes/what-is-diabetes/facts-figures.html. [Last accessed on 10 Aug 2019]
4. Carolina Solis Herrera, MD Curtis Triplitt Pharm D, Charles Reasner MD, Ralph A DeFronzo MD, Eugenio Cersosimo MD PhD. Classification of diabetes mellitus MD. Available from: text.com.inc. South Dartmouth (MA) [Last accessed on 24 Apr 2015]
5. Minu M George MD, Kenneth C Copeland MD. Current treatment options for type 2 diabetes mellitus in youth: today’s realities and lessons from today study. Curr Diab Rep 2013;13:72–80.
6. Aspinall SR. A synthesis of tetrahydro pyrimidines. J Am Chem Soc 1940;1:2160–2.
7. Ruben Vardanyan, Victor Hruby. Synthesis of best-seller drugs. chapter-36. Anthelmintics 2016. p. 749-64.
8. Hamid Beyzaei, Reza Aryan, Zahra Keshtegar. Synthesis of new imidazolidine and tetrahydro pyrimidone derivatives. Adv Chem 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/834641
9. Naser Foroughifar, Somayeh Karimi Beromi, Hoda Pasdar, Masoumeh Shahi. Synthesis of some new tetrahydro pyrimidone derivatives as possible antibacterial agents. Iran J Pharm Res 2017;16:596–601.
10. Jung MH, Park JG, Yang KJ, Lee MJ. Synthesis and muscarinic activity of 1,2,3,4-tetrahydro pyrimidone derivatives. Arch Pharm (Weinheim) 2001;334:79-85.
11. Khadeeja Parveen, Viktoria Banse, Lalita Ledwani. Green synthesis of nanoparticles: their advantages and disadvantages. Am Inst Phys Conf Proc 2016;1724:020048.
12. Ajmer Singh Grewal, Karunesh Kumar, Karunesh Kumar, Sonika Redhu. Microwave-assisted synthesis: a green chemistry approach. Int Res J Pharm Appl Sci 2013;3:278-85.
13. Xuan-Yu Meng, 1,2 Hong-Xing Zhang, Mihaly Mezei, Meng Cui. Molecular Docking: a powerful approach for structure-based drug discovery. Curr Comput Aided Drug Des 2011;7:146-57.
14. Ayaz Mahmood Dar, Shafia Mi. Molecular docking: approaches, types, applications and basic challenges. J Anal Bioanal Tech 2017;8:2.
15. Aaftaab Sethi, Khusbhoo Joshi, K Sasikala, Mallika Alvala. Molecular docking in modern drug discovery: principles and recent applications. In: tech Open; 2019.
16. Amit G Nerkar, Dhanashri Pawale, Minal R Ghante, Sanjay D Sawant. Microwave-assisted organic synthesis of some traditional and named reactions: a practical approach of green chemistry. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci 2013;5:564-6.
17. http://www.chemspider.com/Chemical-Structure.75542626.html?rid=77b2b4e0-a039-4865-a4d2-8a85fd928a0a.Chemspider. [Last accessed on 10 Aug 2019]
18. Hubbard SR. Phosphorylated insulin receptor tyrosine kinase in complex with peptide substrate and atp analog. RCSB PDB; 1998. Available from: https://www.rcsb.org/structure/1ir3. [Last accessed on 10 Aug 2019]
19. Swarna, Jayasree Ganugapati, Sruthi. Molecular docking studies of antidiabetic activity of cinnamon compounds.?Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2014;7(Suppl 2):31-4.
20. Manya Sharma, Pradeep Kumar Naik. To study the mode and mechanism of interaction of angiopoietin II with receptor tyrosine kinase Tie-2 using molecular mechanics and molecular dynamics approach. Int J Fundamental Appl Sci 2013;2:8-11.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.