FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF LIPOSOMAL GEL CONTAINING EXTRACT OF PIPRINE
Objective: The objective of present research work is to develop Liposomes as a carrier system for 70% Hydroalcoholic extract, its incorporation in to gel formulations and to characterize the prepared and develop Liposomal gel formulation. There are many reports revealing the pharmacological potential of Piper Nigrum.
Methods: Cholestrol in various weight ratios were dissolved in 10 ml of Methanol: Chloroform (1:1) ratio used as a solvent. The extract solution was taken in a 500 ml round bottom flask. The flask was rotated in rotary flash evaporator at 40 rpm for 20 min in the thermostatically controlled water bath at 40 °C under vacuum 240 mmHg. The solvent was slowly removed by this process, and a very thin film of dry lipids was formed on the flask. The dry lipid film was slowly hydrated with 10 ml of Saline Phosphate Buffer pH 7.4 containing Insulin Drug. The flask was once again rotated at the same speed as before and at room temperature for 2 hr. The liposomal was left to overnight at 4°C, full lipid hydration.
Results: This study was done for herbal formulations used for topical delivery of therapeutic agents at the time of injury to accelerate skin repair in the shortest time possible, with minimal pain. Plant Piper Nigrum. Family Piperaceac is extensively used.
Conclusion: The present study revealed liposomal gel as an efficient carrier for herbal extract. Keywords: Piperine, Gel, Herbal extract, Liposomes, Liposomal gel.
2. Munisamy Malathi, Devinder Mohan Thappa. Topical therapy in vitiligo: what is new? Pigment Int 2016;3:1-4.
3. PN Shigate, PP Dongre, DM Kannur. New method development for extraction and isolation of piperine from black pepper. Int J Pharm Sci Res 2013;4:1-4.
4. M Glavas Dodov, K Goracinova, K Mladenovska, E Fredro Kumbaradzi. Release pro?le of lidocaine HCl from topical liposomal gel formulation. Int J Pharm 2002;24:381–4.
5. Varde Neha M, Thakor Namita M, C Sini Srendran, Shah Viral H. Formulation optimization and evaluation of liposomal gel of prednisolone by applying statistical design. Indian J Res Pharm Biotechnol 2013;1:180-7.
6. Sandeep Kalepu, Sunilkumar KT, Sudheer Betha. Liposomal drug delivery system-a comprehensive review. Int J Drug Dev Res 2013;5:62-75.
7. Nikita Agrawal, Vimukta Sharma, Rahul Maheshwari. Formulation, development and evaluation of topical liposomal gel of fluconazole for the treatment of fungal infection. Panacea J Pharm Pharm Sci 2017;6:43-89.
8. Swamykannu Dineshmohan, Vangadari Rama Mohan Gupta. Formulation of fluconazole as topical antifungal gels by microsponge based delivery systems. Indonesian J Pharm 2017;28:158–67.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.