FORMULATION AND EVALUATION OF CRACK CREAM FROM PLANT EXTRACTS
Objective: The main aim of our research was to develop an anti-cracked heels cream formulation consisting of Hedychium Spicatum, Aloe barbadensis, Azadirachta indica for the treatment of cracked heels.
Methods: An anti-cracked heels cream formulation consisting of Hedychium Spicatum, Aloe barbadensis, Azadirachta indica extracts was prepared. Microbiological studies were performed the safety of materials used in the formulation.
Results: The developed cream consisting of Hedychium Spicatum, Aloe barbadensis, Azadirachta indica was found to be safe and effective for the treatment of cracked heels.
Conclusion: It can be concluded that herbal creams without side effects having anti-inflammatory property can be used as the provision of a barrier to protect the skin.
2. https://www.slideshare.net/anupriyaSinghRajpoot/pharmaceutical-cream. [Last accessed on 10 Dec 2019]
3. Shivani Ghildiyal, Manisha K Gautam, Vinod K Joshi, Raj K Goel. Pharmacological evaluation of extraction of Hedychium spicatum (Ham-ex-Smith) rhizome, US national labrary of medical. National Institute Health 2012;31:117-2.
4. Muñoz OM, Leal X, Quitral V, Cardemil L. Extraction, characterization and properties of the gel of burn plant (Aloe barbadensis miller) cultivated in chile. Med Aromat Plants 2015;4:3.
5. Shakeel Ahmed, Saifullah, Mudasir Ahmad, Babu Lal Swami, Saiqa Ikram. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles using Azadirachta Indica aqueous leaf extract. J Radiat Res Appl Sci 2016;9:1-7.
6. Akash S Mali, Karekar P, Yadav AV. Formulation and evaluation of multipurpose herbal cream. Int J Sci Res 2017;1:1-18.
7. Mei X Chen, Kenneth S Alexander, Gabriella Baki. Formulation and evaluation of antibacterial creams and gels containing metal ions for topical application. J Pharm 2016. Doi:10.1155/2016/5754349
8. Abhay Prakash Mishra. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/289835679_Health_Promoting_Phytochemicals_Their_Concentration_and_Antioxidant_Activity_of_Wild_Edible_Fruits_of_Uttarakhand_India?ev=auth_pub. [Last accessed 15 Dec 2019].
9. Anuradha Keshwar, Unmesh Keshwar, Ashwini Deogirkar, SS Dhurde, Veena Deo, BK Shrikhande. Formulation development and evaluation of cream containing natural essential oils having mosquito repellent property. World J Pharm Pharm Sci 2018;8:1586-93.
10. NR Patel, HU Momin, RL Dhumal, KL Mohite. Prepara prepartion and evaluation of multipurpose herbal cream. Adv J Pharm Life Sci Res 2017;5:27-32.
11. Ashwini SD, Somishwar SK, Shweta SS. Formulation and evaluation of vanishing herbal cream of crude drugs. Am J Ethnomed 2014;1:313-8.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.