FORMULATION OF MICROEMULSION BASED GEL OF SALBUTAMOL SULPHATE AND IT’S IN VITRO STUDIES
Keywords:Salbutamol, Oleic acid, Cellulose membrane, SEM
Objective: The aim of this study was to develop a microemulsion based gel system considering transdermal delivery of Salbutamol with a purpose to increase the solubility and membrane drug deliverance.
Methods: Oleic acid was favored for oil phase owing to the proficiency of solubility in this study. Despite surfactant and co-surfactant was determined by virtue of their solubilizing strength wherewith they developed MEs. Accomplishing Franz diffusion cells equipped with cellulose membrane for in vitro study. The Polymer carbopol 934 were used for based gel preparation to enhance the viscosity of microemulsion for transdermal utilization. The advanced micro emulsion-based gel, which was assessed for pH, centrifugation, spreadability conductivity, drug content, viscosity, SEM, XRD and stability studies.
Results: The process of drug escape from microemulsion gel-based was noticed to pursue Korsmeyer-peppas model kinetics. The designed, microemulsion gel-based displayed acceptable stability layer than 3 mo. Drug release microemulsion within 24 h was observed 74%.
Conclusion: The results illustrate that deliberated effort to establish microemulsion based gel (F3) was likely to produce sustained action of drug release (78.3%) and be permitted auspicious vehicle for transdermal distribution of Salbutamol.
2. Farid RM, Etman MA, Nada AH, Abd El Azeem RE. Formulation and in vitro evaluation of salbutamol sulphate in situ gelling nasal inserts. AAPS PharmSciTech 2013;2:712-8.
3. Patel HK, Barot BS, Parejiya PB, Shelat PK, Shukla A. Topical delivery of clobetasol propionate loaded microemulsion based gel for effective treatment of vitiligo: ex vivo permeation and skin irritation studies. Colloids Surf B 2013;102:86-94.
4. Nishihata T, Kotera K, Nakano Y, Yamazaki M. Rat percutaneous transport of diclofenac and influence of hydrogenated soya phospholipids. Chem Pharm Bull 1987;9:3807-12.
5. Panwar A, Upadhyay N, Bairagi M, Gujar S, Darwhekar G, Jain D. Emulgel: a review. Asian J Pharm Life Sci 2011;1:333-43.
6. Gul R, Jan SU, Ahmad M, Faridullah S, Akhtar M. Formulations, characterization, in vitro and ex vivo release of Ephedra extract from topical preparations using dialysis cellulose membrane and natural rabbit skin. Dissolution Technol 2017;4:24-30.
7. Anindya HI, Mahdi J. Formulation and physical stability test of griseofulvin microemulsion gel. Int J Appl Pharm 2017;9:22-2.
8. Gul R, Jan SU, Ahmad M, Faridullah S, Akhtar M. Formulation and evaluation of topical carbamazepine semi-solid dosage forms for transdermal drug delivery Lat Am J Pharm 2019;1:121-7.
9. Yadav V, Jadhav P, Dombe S, Bodhe A, Alunkhe P. Formulation and evaluation of microsponge gel for topical delivery of antifungal drug. Int J Appl Pharm 2007;9:30-7.
10. Singh S, Gajra B, Rawat M, Moth MS. Enhanced transdermal delivery of ketoprofen from bioadhesive gels. Pak J Pharm Sci 2009;22:193-8.
11. Rahman G, Syed UJ, Mahmood A, Syed F, Muhammad A. Extraction, formulation and characterization of an in vitro and ex-vivo evaluation of thymus serpyllum L. (Thymus oil) from topical preparations using dialysis cellulose membrane and natural rabbit skin. Pak J Pharm Sci 2019;4:1563-70.
12. Queiroz MBR, Marcelino NB, Ribeiro MV, Espindola LS, Cunha F, Silva MV. Development of gel with matricaria recutita L. extract for topic application and evaluation of physical-chemical stability and toxicity. Latt Am J Pharm 2009;28:574-9.
13. Abid H, Gul MK, Syed UJ, Shefaat US, Kifayatullah S, Muhammad A, et al. Effect of olive oil on transdermal penetration of flurbiprofen from topical gel as enhancer. Pak J Pharm Sci 2012;2:365-9.
14. Rahman G, Syed UJ, Mahmood A, Muhammad A, Muhammad MQ. Formulation, characterization and in vivo evaluation of hedera helix l., topical dosage forms. Pak J Pharm Sci 2019;6:2603-8.
15. AVISH DM, Swaroop R. Lahoti formulation and evaluation of ointment containing sunflower wax. Asian J Pharm Clin Res 2019;8:115-20.
16. Muruganantham V, Prabakaran M, Pasupathi C, Peely LR, Pooja B. Formulation and evaluation of microemulsion gel for transdermal delivery of tramadol asian. J Pharm Clin Res 2019:5:251-9.
17. Samiullah, Syed UJ, Rahman G, Syed J, Asmathulla. Formulation and evaluation of transdermal patches of pseudoephedrine hcl. Int J Appl Pharm 2020;3:121-7.
18. Vedavathi T, Srinivasa RB. Formulation and evaluation of terbinafine hydrochloride microsponge gel. Int J Appl Pharm 2019;6:78-85.